Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hardest Endgame raiding

MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

Pretty much looking for a game that has the hardest endgame raiding that you can find. I am thinking about just resubscribing to WoW unless people can give me any other suggestions.

Comments

• Garvon3Garvon3 Member CommonPosts: 2,898

The hardest end game raiding will only be found in pre WoW MMOs really.

EverQuest and Dark Age of Camelot especially. Though, they've been made a lot easier since original release, they're still miles ahead of the casual raiding in WoW.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

i thought about FFXI, are people still playing that?

• Rift's newer progression raiding is pretty decent when the content is new. i'm not talkin about any of the 10 mans or old 20 mans, or even HK at this point in time, but HK when it came out. took the first guild 2 months to get the first clear and i think there were only like 20 guilds that had a clear after like 4 months. trion stated that HK was how they wanted progression raiding to be from now on, and they would continue to bring content of that level. we still have a month+ till ID is released. warning though.. you're gonna get really pissed off at some guildies though if you are trying to push progression. some bosses were so fine tuned that you need all 20 players to be amazing to get a kill. no slackers at all.

He's asking for hardcore. Since when is a mere 20 people hardcore raiding? ;)

• Originally posted by Garvon3

Acually Im pretty sure he said "Hardest" as in level of difficulty, I don't recall him asking for 40 man raids.

I too would suggest Rift.

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

So what would make rift harder than WoW, I tried the f2p up to level 20 and I felt like WoWs combat was more fast paced.

• TwistingfateTwistingfate Member Posts: 177

Final Fantasy 11 is still really popular. I played it awhile back and it was really good fun. Game has so much content from all the expansions and stuff added over the years. its rather mind boggling when you think of it haha. Its relatively cheap nowadays as well. Can spend 20 bucks on steam and get all the expansions and everything. Id really recomend the game if you want something that is slower paced but still very difficult. If you want fast paced combat id say go back to WoW or try out Rift. FF11 isnt for those that want things quick. Rift is a good game, i personally enjoyed it :)

Best wishes

Saint

Originally posted by Belshazzaar

Originally posted by Garvon3

Acually Im pretty sure he said "Hardest" as in level of difficulty, I don't recall him asking for 40 man raids.

I too would suggest Rift.

Hardcore implies something is hard... since when was WoW the golden standard of hard raiding? Whats hard about hurling yourself at an instance with no death penalty until you find the one "trick" in a boss?

When people coordinate 6 hour long 150 man raids that involve puzzles, platforming, taking down different bosses at different wings of the dungeons at the same time, and serious penalties for fairly, then I'll say its hard. As far as I know, WoW doesn't have anything like that, but games like EQ, DAOC, and FF11 do.

• mrshroom89mrshroom89 Member UncommonPosts: 224

EQ2 was pretty difficult high end raiding, atleast when i played up to start of Rise of Kunark.  No "how to" videos or add-ons that tell you exactly what to do.

C

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by MertzaSkertz

So what would make rift harder than WoW, I tried the f2p up to level 20 and I felt like WoWs combat was more fast paced.

Its not harder.  There was only one really difficult raid boss.  Its difficulty level was on par with Heroic Ragnaros.  A higher percentage of guilds had cleared Heroic Ragnaros due to much more raiding experience and team cohesion in WoW vs Rift.  High end WoW guilds are well oiled machines, this was the first mob that truly challenged Rift raiders, they werent used to it.

Its been almost 8 months now since Rift released a 20 man raid, we will see how ID is difficulty wise in march or april.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Recent game - conan hands down, random factors in each raid, can't rely on some guide