Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

google chrome vs ie9?

drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

sadly chrome caught ie9!i had artifact issue in the snow storm test and the second version of aquarium test.for the artifact i suspect its something ms is using.so this leave the second vesion of aquarium test ,as for the first lol .chrome is epic!

i had moved to ie9 when it lunched and was expecting to move to ie10 when ms said they would upgrade every 12 week .this didnt happen.so sadly we re left to get away from ms product!oh well!i ignored firefox for a simple reason it is not there and by the time it is chrome will have moved on!so it is with a sad heart that i say this but again ie isnt number one in performance anymore.

the sad part it is because they dont release ie10 it is ready but their plan to release it only at w8 is a huge mistake cause by then chrome will be so far ahead they wont be touchable even if ms put all their ressource to catch up.

chrome learn and evolve scarilly fast remember last year they didnt accelerate via gpu.with all the trick avail this year like arcsoft way using opencl to optimise and accelerate everything via cpu or gpu witch ever is best for the software .it is just a mather of time before google find a use for this techno and contrary to arcsoft they got the money to put this technology in there and lets face it ,wouldnt it be a dream come true for google if they could apply this to their various publicity techno

no more lag issue for their publicity customer .not more lag issue for the viewer everybody would win

just taught i would let you know since the borwser war was raging on .there is no more browser war .google won it and with flying color and at the pace they re evolving to make their browser very publicity friendly yet very secure also i predict within 18 month their goal will be achieved!

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    FireFox
  • ZaltarkZaltark Member UncommonPosts: 437

Linux Chromium

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Will be interesting to see if they make the move to metro, And how they would go about it

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TeiloTeilo Member Posts: 284

IE's not going anywhere for a long time yet; even if most domestic users switch to a better browser, the vast majority of business users will be stuck with it. I doubt its market share will ever dip below 50% unless Microsoft pull the plug - and even then it will take years before it finally goes altogether (look at IE6, people STILL use it!).

Chrome will beat Firefox into a distant 3rd place though. :p

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,360

Opera

Because a browser that lacks mouse gestures isn't entirely functional.

• mysticquemysticque Member UncommonPosts: 36

Originally posted by Teilo

IE's not going anywhere for a long time yet; even if most domestic users switch to a better browser, the vast majority of business users will be stuck with it. I doubt its market share will ever dip below 50% unless Microsoft pull the plug - and even then it will take years before it finally goes altogether (look at IE6, people STILL use it!).

Chrome will beat Firefox into a distant 3rd place though. :p

i totally agree... actually i still love IE. IE9 is pretty much the same as google chrome. I use both but what i noticed that IE uses much less memory than any other internet browsers

[email protected]
    www.youtube.com/411mysticque

• FreeBooteRFreeBooteR Member Posts: 333

I hate chrome. It's Firefox on my Archbox all the way. You'll have to pry my add-ons off my dead corpse!

Archlinux ftw

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Firefox and Adblock Plus, there are no other options.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

true ie9 and chrome are fairly close in some test but in some ie9 cant detect what is going on like say in futurmark peace test,but then we also get similar issue in ie10 preview test so i suspect its the way they make the test and each their interpretation!one thing is sure flash isnt going anywhere !they pretty much accelerated everything and if need arise they can always disable vertical refresh that limit it to 60 fps!i was susprised i expected html5 to outdo other by a lot but flash is back in the game with flash acceleration

i got a question for ie9 user

when i view a html5 video or anything the acceleration do artifact on my screen how i fix this!do i need to change my 5770 to another gpu that is recon by both flash and htm5 (ya same thing happen in flash i have to disable acceleration for it to go away!

ty for help!

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Bergir

This x1000 although I do have chrome installed just for some Facebook apps (because manually disabling doesn't fix the problem).

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

i ll stick to ie9 i think.maybe they ll supply a fix for html5 rendering various issue under acceleration.i sure hope flash also fix these .but then it is probably another advanced bug ,they havent seen yet !(happens to me with a 5770 and a i5 2500k)

maybe i am asking too much!with all the post i saw here i realise that all browser have issue to a degree!

• dronfwardronfwar Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by Bergir

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,314

My apologies, but I have a hard time making heads or tails of the OP's writing style. Did he mention why he's not considering Firefox?

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,891

Chrome is best because it's secure and fast.

Using IE is stupid because then you're forced to buy a new operating system every few years to upgrade to latest browser version, whereas other browsers are free.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Vrika

Using IE is stupid because then you're forced to buy a new operating system every few years to upgrade to latest browser version, whereas other browsers are free.

doesnt matter what OS you have you can use IE...  having said that.. i wouldnt use Chrome either, i'll stick to firefox. its reliable, and.. better than any other browser currently out there, imo at least. image

• BergirBergir Member Posts: 299

Thanks dronfwar i wasn't aware of that, I'll stick with Firefox, guess the best reply would be "any browser" as long as it has AdBlock.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

Chrome without addons is better than FF without addons.

However Firefox's biggest strengths are it's massive number of quality addons. Chrome still does not have anywhere near the amount of high-quality addons that Firefox does.

For instance, with regards to security and privacy, take Firefox with

• Adblock Plus + Popup Blocker

• BetterPrivacy

• Browser Protect

• Ghostery

• NoScript

• RefControl

• RequestPolicy

and Chrome will simply not be able to match FF's security and privacy no matter how many addons you install for it (and I've left out a number of good security/privacy related addons that simply don't have an equivelant in Chrome, or only have a noticably inferior version).

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

I use FF for add-ons and I use IE for browsing since you can pin with IE (which is amazing, if you don't know how to pin, learn it and love it).

Chrome, meh, why..it's not faster anymore than the other two browsers (in fact it's slower than FF and IE in some tests, did the tests myself and Tomshardware confirmed it), it's very limited, minimalistic is fine, but chrome goes way too far, chrome is just bleh for me.

• joeri123joeri123 Member UncommonPosts: 247

You can have adblock plus with chrome aswell.

And considering chrome runs flash/java in a sandbox its way more secure than firefox.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

In most corporate environments, the use of IE is required (as a policy).  I only use IE for work (because I have no choice). I use remote desktop on a daily basis, and the web interface which connects me to my computer at the office not only checks which browser I'm using, it also briefly scans for malware and antivirus software before allowing me to connect. This requires IE on Windows machines, or Safari on OSX. I've tried connecting remotely from a Linux client before, but no luck (now that I'm typing all of this out, I don't think I've ever tried Safari on Linux).

If I wasn't forced to use IE for work, I would probably use Firefox for work and development, and Chrome for everything else (browsing, shopping, streaming media, etc.).

Back when Chrome was new, it was significantly faster than Firefox (version 3 or 4 at the time). But Firefox seems to be improving quite a bit over the last few versions.

• shane242shane242 Member UncommonPosts: 95

chrome hands down,

firefox was always the choice due to IE sucking ass since well ever and the development tools like firebug.

However recent firefox updates seem to have bloated the browser and on slower systems it seems to struggel more then ever.

Now chrome has the development tools and ofcourse the v8 javascript engine there realy is no reason to use anything else.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

If I had to chose between chrome and IE9, would probably chose chrome, due to the fact you can make it more secure with some addons (just from what I hear).  Speed is kind of irrelevant, because they are pretty close last I checked.  I personally use FF at home.  I have to use IE8 and 9 all day at work because I work with a web-based program that uses ActiveX.  We are developing a program that uses html5 so we will be ditching IE soon thankfully, IE and activex is a pain in the ass!  I like FF because of noscript and the all the awesome addons and developer tools I can add to it.  Tbh I have barely bothered with chrome though, except for messing around on chromebooks.

As far as a browser war being won, I wouldn't go as far as to say that.  IE, FF and the other smaller browsers are not going anywhere soon in my opinion.  Remember that Mozilla is a non-profit organization, those usually stick around a while I guess and IE is Microsoft so yeah lol.  Every Windows computer will still have some version of IE when it's shipped and a lot people don't know any better or just don't care so they just use IE.

• Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Used Firefox for a very long time until I encountered some problems with flash and switched to chrome temporarily, but actually ended up never going back. It has been the quickest but i mainly like its minilistic design. 

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,891

Originally posted by Phry

doesnt matter what OS you have you can use IE.

You can't use better than Internet Explorer 8 (released 2009) with Windows XP. IE 10 will not work with Windows Vista. So unless you keep regularly upgrading your OS (or in case of owning multiple computers like me, all their operating systems), you can't use latest version of Internet Explorer.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by Phry

doesnt matter what OS you have you can use IE.

You can't use better than Internet Explorer 8 (released 2009) with Windows XP. IE 10 will not work with Windows Vista. So unless you keep regularly upgrading your OS (or in case of owning multiple computers like me, all their operating systems), you can't use latest version of Internet Explorer.

The theory behind that is that older OSes can't use some of the more advanced security features that they want to integrate into the browser, such as UAC controls (that XP lacks entirely), and some other newer technologies (the Touch interface used for gesture tracking - and probably used for Kinect for PC too), as well as hooks and API's for hardware acceleration. Honestly, it's time to give XP a rest, I don't begrudge any software vendor for not supporting XP any longer.

Now excluding Vista is a bit odd - as Win7 only differs minorly from Vista (more flexible UAC, DNSSEC), There are some security differences, and Win7 natively supports mutltitouch which would affect the gesture-based input of IE10. Nothing game-changing, it could be made to work if they really wanted to, but again, Vista is 5 years old now - if you haven't upgraded to Win7 or Win8 by the time Win8 finally ships, maybe it's time you should.

I will agree that Windows releases are priced too high, especially when you are upgrading from a previous fully licensed product, but that's a bit of a different issue. I think Microsoft more or less has it figured that if you want a new version of Windows, your just going to get it with a new PC that can take advantage of all the new features too -- and if you already have a computer that can do that, you can afford to shell out the $100 for the upgrade edition. Regardless of the price, I'm pretty comfortable with a steady evolutionary rate that OSes tend to take - about every 2 years.

And with all that being said in defense of Microsoft....

Google can make it work. Firefox can make it work, and they are a non-profit. Opera can make it work, and they are Norwegian. Heck, even Apple can make it work. Now there are some minor differences between all of these browsers in terms of security, speed, and compatibility, but for the most part they are all pretty decent products and more or less work on most web pages with reasonable expectations of security.

Web browsers are getting a bit overly complicated. There have been predictions for over a decade now that the browser was going to replace the OS, and Google is pushing it hard. I don't think that will ever quite be the case, but you could make the argument that the browser has become as important as the OS; as it's not only the gateway to the web, but is increasingly becoming the gateway to "The Cloud". I am glad there is a distinction between browser and OS, and that for the most part, it doesn't matter what OS you run or which browser you use. Sure, it leads to "Flavor of the Week" but I think that's good - remember when everyone just expected you to be running IE6 and how absolutely crappy that time was: it was like the zitty, embarrassing, pubescent adolescence for the Internet.