Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium is not good IMO. [Mod Edit]

TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

Just gave it a try All characters are litterally the same, there is no customisation what-so-ever and the quetss are very linear.  I know its a free game and all but seriously, I've played better.  Also, I certainly wouldn't try it right now as its practicually over run by players trying to kill the mobs you need.  Which after you leave the first area gets very hard to find them since their spawn points are very low.

[Mod Edit]

imageimage

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

totally agree took me 30  mins to uninstall

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    Epically dreadful, I cannot understand why Frogster would piss away the goodwill they earned from RoM by distributing this garbage.
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

agree logged in actually wanted to play the panda monk, but wasnt available, logged into game for about 5 mins, logged out uninstalled.

Garbage

• username509username509 Member CommonPosts: 635

It's still in beta, but even so this game doesn't even have "potential".  Another cookie cutter low budget MMO.

Never trust a screenshot or a youtube video without a version stamp!

• UknownAspectUknownAspect Member Posts: 277

Originally posted by username509

It's still in beta, but even so this game doesn't even have "potential".  Another cookie cutter low budget MMO.

Why do these keep coming out, seriously...

MMOs played: Horizons, Auto Assault, Ryzom, EVE, WAR, WoW, EQ2, LotRO, GW, DAoC, Aion, Requiem, Atlantica, DDO, Allods, Earth Eternal, Fallen Earth, Rift
    Willing to try anything new

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

is it on the gamelist?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MehveMehve Member Posts: 487

Originally posted by MMOExposed

wait wait wait, is this even a MMO?

From link: "Eligium: The Chosen One is the newest MMORPG from Frogster. Eligium features PvP and Guild Wars combat with hundreds of players simultaneously and an enormous world to explore that is divided by two warring factions.

Evil has returned to the lands and the only hope is the fulfillment of the prophecy that the Chosen One will return. Eligium has four races to select from and 5 classes, Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Druid and Fighter. Players can also control and raise their own pets."

If not, it's wearing a good disguise.

A Modest Proposal for MMORPGs:
    That the means of progression would not be mutually exclusive from the means of enjoyment.

Originally posted by Mehve

From link: "Eligium: The Chosen One is the newest MMORPG from Frogster. Eligium features PvP and Guild Wars combat with hundreds of players simultaneously and an enormous world to explore that is divided by two warring factions.

Evil has returned to the lands and the only hope is the fulfillment of the prophecy that the Chosen One will return. Eligium has four races to select from and 5 classes, Warrior, Mage, Hunter, Druid and Fighter. Players can also control and raise their own pets."

Doesnt look like a MMO.

Notice, that same website calls Vindictus a MMORPG.

I would question what they consider a MMO first before getting rip off.

• kellerman24kellerman24 Member Posts: 87

Originally posted by Mehve

Doesnt look like a MMO.

Notice, that same website calls Vindictus a MMORPG.

I would question what they consider a MMO first before getting rip off.

It's a mmo, just uninstalled it.

It's a typical cheap asian mmorpg that we're all used to. Get outside of hub, plenty of mobs, plenty of people, plenty of kill quests. Everything seemed so familar with the exception of pandas. Been there done that ... overall it reeked with low production quality value.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037
    It's definitely an MMO, but it's definitely a horrible one.
  • mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Eligium was another game, don't remember which one.

--
    Michael

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

yeah i made it ot lvl 5 and just asked myself....why? uninstalled like the mad genious i am. This game is bad and anything frogster makes is bound to fail anyhow.

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

Well, I'd not go so far as to say its a bad game... But it certainly isn't a good one either. Its all too typical of some Asian imports that we've seen for years now. As I understand it, its just a rebranded copy of a game called Magic World 2.  Its a HEAVY grind game, with little to set it a part from the nearly endless number of grinders we've all seen too many of.  

The graphics aren't all that good (for the current age), nor is the combat anything different from that class of grinder.  The translations tend to be poor, and the choice of font leaves much to be desired.  Over all way too typical of Asian grinder type games. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • mlauzonmlauzon Member UncommonPosts: 767

Well, I've found out that Eligium is just Magic World Online 2....

--
    Michael

• xpinkfl0ydxxpinkfl0ydx Member Posts: 6

PLEASE tell me ONE game in past 5 years wich was grindy ... ONE?!?!??

and no, not even aion was ...

• xpinkfl0ydxxpinkfl0ydx Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by Wraithone

Well, I'd not go so far as to say its a bad game... But it certainly isn't a good one either. Its all too typical of some Asian imports that we've seen for years now. As I understand it, its just a rebranded copy of a game called Magic World 2.  Its a HEAVY grind game, with little to set it a part from the nearly endless number of grinders we've all seen too many of.  

The graphics aren't all that good (for the current age), nor is the combat anything different from that class of grinder.  The translations tend to be poor, and the choice of font leaves much to be desired.  Over all way too typical of Asian grinder type games. 

PLEASE tell me ONE game in past 5 years wich was grindy ... ONE?!?!??

and no, not even aion was ...