Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hard to beat

LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

After playing literally every MMO to come out in the last 5-6 years, I can t find anything as good as EQ2 with or without SC. I personally don t mid the SC, and buy here and there. I miss games like FFXI and DAOC, but everytime I go back to them, I play a month maybe 2 before realizing it will never be the same. That said I m so much enjoying EQ2 now that my wife and I paid for a year sub. With the 500 SC I get each month I m hoping I can save some for Planetside2 release and spend some there.

Only game other then EQ2 and PS2 I m going to buy is GW2 and Diablo3, but those I can play along these 2. I ve really tried to find "the game" but I can t, and EQ2 offers everything I like in a MMO, and more.

Comments

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Nice. EQ2 is on my list when i start looking for a new game. Glad you found one that works for you and the wife.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

I just joined EQ2,  two days ago. I am loving it also.

• echolynfanecholynfan Member UncommonPosts: 681

Originally posted by Leucent

After playing literally every MMO to come out in the last 5-6 years, I can t find anything as good as EQ2 with or without SC. I personally don t mid the SC, and buy here and there. I miss games like FFXI and DAOC, but everytime I go back to them, I play a month maybe 2 before realizing it will never be the same. That said I m so much enjoying EQ2 now that my wife and I paid for a year sub. With the 500 SC I get each month I m hoping I can save some for Planetside2 release and spend some there.

Only game other then EQ2 and PS2 I m going to buy is GW2 and Diablo3, but those I can play along these 2. I ve really tried to find "the game" but I can t, and EQ2 offers everything I like in a MMO, and more.

My feelings exactly and after the HUGE SWTOR disappointment I went back to EQ2 after a 3 year hiatus playing other games. EQ2 has aged very well and offers so much more than just about every MMO on the market - including Wow and has the best community hands down.

One of my favorite things in game is the housing and I really like the new Prestige Houses available through the SC. I just bought the new Storm Isle which is your own private Island with Evil Tower which can be decorated inside and out (800 items!)

It's nice to take a break from the combat aspect of the game and do that...check out other people's houses and there's even a house rating/award system where everyone can rate your house.

Storm Isle Video Tour

I do recommend going with the Gold Account which gives you full access to the game and is the standard $14.95 per month and includes 500 Station Points to spend each month.

I too will be poking around GW2 and perhaps Archeage but will keep EQ2 as my home MMO. The only really decent MMO's left are the old ones..sad but true.

Currently playing SWTOR and it's MUCH better than it was at launch.

• Flaming_MMOFlaming_MMO Member Posts: 137

I also keep coming back to EQ2, I enjoy the silver membership, I have a new rule, no monthly fees, so I dont even bother with the Gold membership, one of the reasons I am looking forward to Guild Wars 2 (and did not even buy SWTOR).   I just keep an eye out for double or triple station cash days, and I end up paying less than I would than maintaining a Gold Membership and I get all I need.

I did play a lot of LOTRO with the FTP option, and it is nice to be able to earn Turbine points by completing in game achievements, but to me the classes are not very interesting and does not have the "it" factor that makes me want to go back to it, like EQ2 does.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

same here here ,i just got fed up with will all the shiny word every corp use!now i got 2 question

1:is it b2p or f2p

2:is it a mmo or  a mo!

if they say yes cheer i look into it ,if the answer is no i just skip it!

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

Would like to give it a re try myself,

Whats a good populated server? Is everyone a beast lord right now?

• KnaveSkyeKnaveSkye Member UncommonPosts: 137

Originally posted by drbaltazar

same here here ,i just got fed up with will all the shiny word every corp use!now i got 2 question

Umm....honestly if i asked someone either of those questions and their answer was yes or no, then I would probably stop asking that person questions.....best of luck to you.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Count me on the bandwagon too!  Star Wars was my first MMO experience, and like a child with a new toy it was awesome... for about 3 weeks. Somwhere in January I got bored of running through corridors.  Guess I was expecting something closer to SWG which I have only read about or seen on YouTube, but it looked like the definitive star wars experience (sans the technical issues I heard it had).

I started EQ2 on Antonia Bayle and havent looked back.  Coming from a console background and RPG lover, MMOs are right up my alley.  I tried GW, LOTRO, Dragons Nest and even WoW.  Each were good in their own regard but none really kept my interest like EQ2 has.  Im a stickler for quest dialogue.  I dont like basic 'go here do this come back here'  give me some context/lore to engage me and EQ2 has done that wonderfully.  I cant tell you how many books I have.  

Ability to turn off or tune XP? Priceless.  Never understood why this never became a staple.  You want to rush to max level, push a slider to all XP.  You want 'journey' to take longer turn it off... or slide it low.  Give ME the choice.

Never thought Id get into housing, but its a great idea I wish SWTOR had.  Then add in the community and the ability to have people make things for you and you have a thorough experience.

I wish they made modern MMOs closer to EQ2.  I look forward to TSW, GW2, PS2 and TERRA... but doubt any of them will be able to match EQ2.

If anyone finds something similiar to EQ2 please let me know.  ArcheAge looks interesting but I am skeptical of its implementation and annoyed at how long I will probably have to wait to play it :P

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237

Originally posted by drbaltazar

Its F2P, with the caveat of paying real money to unlock options (i.e. - additional classes to roll, etc)

Well, it is Massive... it is Multiplayer and... it is Online :-)  I'd call it a MMORPG to be exact.  Community is there but sparse (Im on Antonia Bayle for Role Playing), but if you can join a good guild it gets chatty.

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

Originally posted by darkhalf357x

If anyone finds something similiar to EQ2 please let me know.  ArcheAge looks interesting but I am skeptical of its implementation and annoyed at how long I will probably have to wait to play it :P

There isnt anything similar to it.  The mix of lore, immersion, class variety, content, high end difficulty, and especially non combat activity is unmatched.  The only game thats close is LOTRO (which has remarkable lore and immersion, but as you said the classes dont really stand out and the housing SUCKS compared to EQ2)

• ThorbrandThorbrand Member Posts: 1,198

I would love to go back and play EQ2 but I would miss crafting deaths.

• xDayxxDayx Member Posts: 712

Love housing in EQ2. But hate the pace of combat. Spell cast times are too fast for my liking.