It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
I bought the game when it came out and played it till about level 15 I think (the first dungeons). Now I am thinking about trying it again as it seems like it might be a more laid back dort of game.WHile I used to love to raid back in EQ1 and vanilla WoW, currently my RL schedule is very busy with finishing up a dissertation, interviewing for jobs and having a full time family. I have heard great things about the community here and that intrigues me as I am an old school RPer who stared with RPGs back in the early 1980s... Now, I normally log on 1-3 hours a night , at late night (PST) times.. that said ai have a few inquires:
1) What is the best pricing plan? Should I get the monthly subscription or is it better to buy things piecemeal? AT first I will definately just go for the free sub (premium my account syas). But if I do plan to stay for a while aht''s good?
2) Is the RP still good here? and for that matter the community in general?
3) How soloable is the game.. sadly I have odd hours and often times have to log off for crazy toddler agro et al. Will I still be able to progress in the game to the point where it's fun?
4) How min/max driven is the game? Can a casual player get along fine without researching the forums for FoTM min/maxiness?
5) and finally, building off of #1, how bad is the cash shop? Is it pay to win or otherwise crazy?
thanks in advance!