Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem logging into EQ2

locherbreadlocherbread Member Posts: 15

On hearing Everquest 2 had went f2p and had merged the old live version with extended I thought I would relive some old memories and login using my old account but just go free for the time being, but when I try to log in I get an error saying "You need to setup a subscription." er I thought it was free?!? can anyone assit me as I get this error when I try to log into the official forums too..

Comments

• Willa2Willa2 Member UncommonPosts: 48

Make sure you downloaded the right client.

• locherbreadlocherbread Member Posts: 15

I guess I should have mentioned I had downloaded the correct client and I made a new account and can play this, but thats not the account with my lvl 70 on - SOE seem not to work weekends so by Monday it will be nearly 3 days and I haven't been able to play, such is life :)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

thas a bummer - you are correct the weekend support is nonexistent

if it helps

EQ2 Customer Support

https://help.station.sony...nswers/detail/a_id/28939

Customer Support

Our Support staff is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays). There are three ways to contact our Support staff:

1. Live Chat - If you cannot find the answer through the Knowledge Base you can chat directly with a technical support agent using Live Chat. Chat Support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST (excluding holidays).

2. Open a Support Ticket - Click here to email a Support Representative directly.

3. Phone Support - Account, billing, and technical help for is available at 858 537-0898, Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays).

* NOTE: If you are having trouble contacting us through an already existing account, or cannot contact us by phone, please create a temporary Station Account and Click here to submit a ticket through the help site using the new account. Make sure to include the name of the account that you wish to address in your ticket. We will then help you recover your regular account.

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

Originally posted by locherbread

On hearing Everquest 2 had went f2p and had merged the old live version with extended I thought I would relive some old memories and login using my old account but just go free for the time being, but when I try to log in I get an error saying "You need to setup a subscription." er I thought it was free?!? can anyone assit me as I get this error when I try to log into the official forums too..

Hmm interesting. I have the same issue. I was able to login last night fine, and my account was basic access. But today it gives me the same me error "You need to setup a subscription."

• JinxysJinxys Member UncommonPosts: 488

*Update*

Problem solved, I went onto Live chat this morning and the TSR had it fixed literally within 2 mins. I really cannot fault the customer service with SOE. On a non related matter they had my account fixed back up in less than 2 days.  Looking forward to getting back into Eq2 again ! O/