Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dont buy this Game

This game once you get to 50 is the samething over and over again, game has no crafting, no gathering and no depth. after 50 people sit in a space station unattattackable on a pvp server,  Valor was farmed by the imps, its not after the reached max valor level did the devs implement any kinda of fix. Now leaving the republic behind even more.

when there is pvp on ilum it's 5 imps to 1 republic, its a constant zerg. evey patch adds new problems  for things that were not broke. like people not able to go to their ships, and I might add everyone has the same one depending on the class.

moves in hotbars not firing when pressed, most bug affect the republic since the devs have all ready admitted to playing imperils.

space combat is a joke, donkey kong in space would be more fun.

So if your into open world pvp run from this game it repeitive bs.

Comments

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

6 years

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508

Well, if you're interested in seeing how the various story lines play out you might still want to give it a go, that's what I'm currently doing, however what the OP describes is in some part a reason for calling it quits once I get a few alts to 50.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Originally posted by Kyleran

Well, if you're interested in seeing how the various story lines play out you might still want to give it a go, that's what I'm currently doing, however what the OP describes is in some part a reason for calling it quits once I get a few alts to 50.

The problem being that each class's individual "storyline" isn't that much different, and the OVERALL storyline is the same for all classes. So once you've played through once there's pretty much no replayability.

^ this is what I'm told by everyone around me who has given up on SWTOR, including my nephew now :|. I'm glad my MMO experience saved me $60 :D!

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Originally posted by mrw0lf

6 years

Yes all that time and we finally got a rise out of them.  Doesn't make the point any less valid.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

The problem being that each class's individual "storyline" isn't that much different, and the OVERALL storyline is the same for all classes. So once you've played through once there's pretty much no replayability.

^ this is what I'm told by everyone around me who has given up on SWTOR, including my nephew now :|. I'm glad my MMO experience saved me $60 :D!

The people that have been telling you things, are straight up lying.

Each classes storyline is extremely distinct from the next, the only shared content are the non-storyline quests. There is no "overall storyline", it doesn't exist. Each is specifically tailored to it's respective class.

• Ambros123Ambros123 Member Posts: 877

Not true.  While I only got to high 20s and the first two planents beyound the place the sounds like a french pastery the Trooper and Smuggler were vastly different.  Tropper was roll my eyes at most of the time and the whole motto thing was getting on my nerves but I absolutely loved my Smuggler story and her snarky attitude.

However I'm not throwing away money on a sub for a game whose main appeal is the single player aspects as I find everything else unsat.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

Originally posted by shocwave

This game once you get to 50 is the samething over and over again, game has no crafting, no gathering and no depth. after 50 people sit in a space station unattattackable on a pvp server,  Valor was farmed by the imps, its not after the reached max valor level did the devs implement any kinda of fix. Now leaving the republic behind even more.

when there is pvp on ilum it's 5 imps to 1 republic, its a constant zerg. evey patch adds new problems  for things that were not broke. like people not able to go to their ships, and I might add everyone has the same one depending on the class.

moves in hotbars not firing when pressed, most bug affect the republic since the devs have all ready admitted to playing imperils.

There are people who hate open world pvp, you know .. in fact, MOST of the players.

As long as the story and questing is great from 1-50, what is the problem of playing 1-50? No one says a game needs to last forever.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

3.639 hours.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

Hear, hear. I think the lesson learned from this fiasco, is that the industry needs a Text to Speech library patch. Then the gaming community will hear all the stories they have missed over the last ten years.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Originally posted by shocwave

You created an account just to make a thread on stuff that was known before the game was even launched? To basically say the same stuff that has been said many times over?

For one, as a themepark you have the same stuff to do at the end as you do in most themeparks. Raid, hit dungeons from regular to hard mode, dailies. That's nothing new. Saying there is no crafting and gathering is a lie. There is crafting and gathering. If it isn't your cup of tea is one thing but saying there is none isn't factual at all. Now the benefits to crafting at the end isn't that strong as you get better stuff by raiding and some of the materials are to be had from raiding as well but this is nothing new with other games.

Don't know about Illum as I haven't bothered. And of course each class has the same ship. How many freaking ships did you expect upon launch? That was just a silly statement to say the least. The game isn't even a full two months old.

Space combat was known to be on rails before launch. Sounds more like you made the mistake of not researching it. That's a consumer issue.

As for repetitive...no kidding. Isn't that most themeparks last I checked? This was never outwardly designed to be a pvp game. As the devs stated themselves recently, they were shocked by the interest in the pvp element and now will be working even harder on that part of their product. Generally how it goes for most pve centric games that have some pvp added in. They see how the interest for it goes and react off of it.

• mymmomymmo Member UncommonPosts: 311

Dont buy it. 

Its a freaking skin-addon to Wow. That is how I feel after wasting my time to get to level 25 - a mid level that I had to struggle to reach because of the boredom the game gave me. 

Eve online and +1500 steam games in the back cataloge makes me a stressed out gamer.
  • ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Ugh then your 'everyone' is lying. In fact, that is the biggest piece of crap I have heard in a while. No way are the stories even close to similar. All it would take is a little reading and research for you to even know that. Not liking a game is fine as not every game fits everyone else's taste. To think it will is...well...idiotic. But spewing this kind of stuff is silly and not very productive at all.

• zakiyawowzakiyawow Member UncommonPosts: 626

I don't regret buying it at all. It is a fun game for me. I play more than one MMOs at the time. When I am not happy with some change or something bugs me, I move to another game for a while then come back. Not a big deal.

Also, there is crafting, there is gathering.

PVP..no clue and dont really care. I am a PVE player.

Space combat is fun for me even after 100x, its something I can do in less than 10 mins and get some credits and xp.

To each's own. The best way to know if a game for you or not is to try it. 

If you don't want to risk it, wait till there is trial. 

The only reason I dismiss a game is when the game is PVP based. I dont PVP hence there is no reason to try it. Otherwise, I try the game to make my own judgment.

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by nariusseldon

There are people who hate open world pvp, you know .. in fact, MOST of the players.

You might have missed it but there are PVE and PVP servers. Why would a player play on a PVP server if all he wants is WZ's? And why is half the servers PVP if "MOST of the players" hate it?

Originally posted by nariusseldon
    As long as the story and questing is great from 1-50, what is the problem of playing 1-50? No one says a game needs to last forever.

Why would you want to pay monthly fees for a single player game?

LFG!
  • MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Problem I had with that stratagy was two fold:

First,  75% of what you do when leveling is shared among the classes via the necessary side-quests.   For example, everyone Republic who is on Tattooine deals with Czerka, the guy with the toy robots as well as the pirate base there, they kill the Sand people snipers,  they catch the Jawa who is stealing, they fight the pirate-salvers in the spaceport, they kill the mandalorean leader, they free the diplomats and they all do the 100% exactly the same "bonus' content which is mostly 'go kill x bug-guys or go kill x sand people or go kill x pirates'.   

To that is added a story.     And I'm being nice when say 'only 75%...'   Because I think it's closer to 80-85%.  

Second, the class stories are moslty just plain boring.   I've walked out of movies with better stories.   I've taken half-read-books to the resale shop that were better.   I've stopped watching a TVs series by Episode III when it fails to get better...     And the boring comes from three things:

1..  Poor execution of tropes, cliche's and MacGuffins and poor dialogue.   Fiction is full of these things, but you have to execute them right otherwise they fail.   For example, my Smuggler's ship is stolen while I'm sent off to fix some tower thingys-- bad execution right there when you consider I am in a warzone smuggling guns to a criminal organization.   My character would NATURALLY lock the ship, pass-word protect all the computers and have a manual fail-safe somewhere hidden that would keep someone from hijacking my ship while I was away...    Yet to satisfy BioWare's need to have everyone not have a ship until they leave Corusant, they came up with that...   

A better trope would have been to have gotten caught and had to 'earn' my ship back from the Republic.  First on Ord Madell as I did work for the military as an independent contractor trying to stem the lfow of weapons.   Then, I'd have made it so they still threw me in irons and sent me back to Courasant and Republic Intelligence gave me a 'carrot or stick' option of working for them.

Free of the stick, when I left Corusant, they'd occassionally make me run missions for them just to let me know that they could always bring the stick back....   Which would make missions interesting because then I could be a double-agent or play it straight...  And that's how 'dark and light' would work for me...    By Level 50 I've either got enough dirt on them that I can get them off my back OR I've earned a full pardon and they can't manipulate me anymore...

That'd be cool...  

But NOOOOO....     Not only does my ship get stolen in a classic and poorly executed MacGuffin...    I'm stuck working for a PRINCESS?  A smuggler and a princess?   Can you get any more cliche'  than that old trope?   It's cliche' even for Star Wars which has done it to death with Han and Liea.

2.  Voice acting.    If you don't like the actors voice and/or delievery...   It's discordant.   I hated at least hafl the voices/deliveries in the game.   They were not my characters voice...   They were some actor I didn't care about using the wrong pitch, accent, intonation and over-all reaction.

It's the same weirdness some of us get when an actor gets fired from a series, or dies, and he's replaced by a different actor in the same character.    It's this whole "this person isn't xxxxxxxx."

3.  Disconnect from choices...   That really bugged me...   The dialog frequently did not adhere in any reasonable fashion to the menu choice I made...  Even if I escaped out and re-did the conversation, there were no options even close to what my character would do/say in that situation.    It's hard to play a ROLE PLAYING game when you're not allowed to PLAY but are forced to read from a poorly written, tightly-controlled script.    

I may as well have been watching a movie.  Or reading a book.   Nothing I did mattered.   No dialog choices, nothing.  The story was on rails from beginning to end like it was written by a bunch of control-freaks...

• MosesZDMosesZD Member UncommonPosts: 1,361

Originally posted by Zhauric

Ugh then your 'everyone' is lying. In fact, that is the biggest piece of crap I have heard in a while. No way are the stories even close to similar. All it would take is a little reading and research for you to even know that. Not liking a game is fine as not every game fits everyone else's taste. To think it will is...well...idiotic. But spewing this kind of stuff is silly and not very productive at all.

Lol.  No, he's right.   See, there are multiple stories besides the main quest.   And you must play them all.  And they're all the same, all over again...   And the bonus content stories are 100% the same for everyone.

Let's not forget, each zone has four hubs.   Each of the four hubs will have at least one main-class-quest, one continue-on story it got from the prior hub (or began at the first hub).  It will have two, or three, self-contained stories that begin and resolve at the local quest hub.

Which means, drum roll please, most of the stories are the same story for everyone.   Only the main class quest, which isn't even the majority of questing on any planet.   Tattooine for example:  

First hub:  Main Quest.  Czerka story starts.  Kill slavers, free slaves, kill mini-boss.   Jawa/Droid quest.

Second hub:  Main Quest, Czerka story.  Kill Droids who went nuts.   Something with bugs...   Something with sand people on the way to the third area.

Third hub:  Main quest.  Czerka story.   Kill sand people snipers.   Kill pirates who stole toys.   Sabotage pirate base, pirate ship and end with mini-boss fight.

Fourth Hub:  Main Quest.  Czerka story.   Kill Sand People, but fix their water purifiers  (whut?  makes no sense but, hey, that's the quest...).  Kill Mandelorians.   Kill slavers and free captured Diplomats

Next planet -- same old thing...  

Next planet --  Lather, rinse, repeat...    Until you puke...    Same stories, over-and-over again with minor detail changes.

I think it's pretty clear when you look at ALL THE STORIES, which includes side-quests, it's mostly the same.  Not mostly different.

Unless, of course, you want to argue the side-quests are not necessary and you shouldn't play them.  Which, of course, begs the question -- why have them and/or play them?