Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Angry and sad about SWTOR

12346»

Comments

• Zlayer77Zlayer77 Member Posts: 826

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Zlayer77

You are most correct in this.. and my post was genarly directed at the people who say they are PVPers and then go and BUY a theampark game...and cry about it...

exactly.

It was clear form the start that SWToR was a theme park game and would have a theme park pvp system. Now, that's not a judgement on that type of system just a statement of fact.

Theme Park pvp systems are not going to of interest to a lot of hardcore pvp fans. What i think is that pvp players see info on pvp and they fill on the blanks with their own wants/desires and then they get dissapointed.

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, smells like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Yes I agree. The thing that buggs me though is that these people think that they are somehow elit, and that Their Instanced BG battlegrounds have anything to do with REAL PvP. I can promise that I would "eat my own socks" if anny one of them Put their money were their mouth is and go out and Buy a pure PvP game..(like EvE)  They are just PvP posers hiding in a PvE theampark game and complaining about its "so called" Group action content.. because I cant bring myself to call it anything other then that.  World of Warcraft or anny other theampark game dosent have any real RISK to it. So saying you are a PVP player and playing these games are just laughabale from were im sitting..

I do respect people who buy these games for the group content though. And think the game is fun playing and grouping with their friends.. But it Upsets me when they start mixing in How bad the PvP is.. because "hint" the game has no real PvP.. just sports team action content, Cant say that Hockey or soccer is PvP.. Gladiators who fought in the Areanas of Room were true life PvPers.... The diffrent is as Hughe in MMOS... if you compre for example WoW vs EVE.. there just is no comparison..

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

If you want real PvP dont buy and MMO, get a FPS, where its Skill vs Skill, no amount of gear will save you for a lack there off.

MMO's are made for story and PvE, the additons of PvP is a joke at best in most MMO's, Warhammer just became a numbers game and WoW a gear grind.

Its an addon that is there to appease the people that want some PvP but its not even in the 10 ten of game focus areas.

Forgive the rant just tired of people going on and on about ToR and how it not what THEY wanted, cool DONT PLAY, the rest of us who enjoy it will thank you heartly for no being on General chat complaing all the time.

• GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

Originally posted by VultureSkull

I thought it was common knowledge to all MMO vets that if you want a better, more complete, less buggy etc experience then you don't play a new game in the first 6 months.

I find that attitude rather sad. Sure it's true when it is just a money grab. DAoC had a pretty decent launch LotRO arguable raised the bar again and Rift set the gold standard for 'how to release and manage the ongoing maintenance and improvement of an MMORPG' . BW are in the bottom league when it comes to maintaining and fixing their game. P*ss poor. 

This is not a comment about  the OP's point and this is not about how 'good' TOR or the other games I mentioned are. If people refused to accept inferior goods and services rather than just being apologists for them  then we would all be much better off.

I dunno as a 'vet' maybe you are stuck in a M59, UO, AC mindset, having said that it is over two decades since Mythic demonstrated how to do it 'right' with DAoC.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by Starpower

Originally posted by Opapanax

Originally posted by Starpower

If you are angry and sad about a game then you're unhealthy obsessed with your hobby to the point where you probably should seek help or take a looooong break from it at the very least.

A recreational object shouldn't stir that kind of feelings in you

Uninformed gamer.. Well I sort of take that back..

Players are upset that Bioware just hyped their product so much for it to be this lackluster. Some people have had interest in SWTOR for years. So of course they have some invested emotion into their opinion when discussing dislikes.

See to me that's pure crazyness. These are games. If one doesn't live up to what you were hoping for you move on to the next. That's normal behavior

You have to be pretty obsessed to feel a deep emotional reaction of sadness or anger. Disappointment I get but this post and many others goes way beyond that. You would think some of you live for games.

Look at sports athletes or just the fans. Imagine how many Patriots fans cried for days after my Giants smacked em around again in the Superbowl.. Anger has no attachment.. It is nothing but raw emotion

Bad comparison. Sports are not recreational hobbies. They are for some fans but I have to label those just as crazy who reacts much the same way. The only thing this comparison shows is you find crazy people in all layers of society

Hell I even know a girl who hates a certain hollywood acress because she plays the role of a bitch to perfection. She can't make the destinction between an actor or the roles they play. Just because you can give examples of crazy elsewhere doesn't mean squat

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by GMan3

Originally posted by JeroKane

Originally posted by Yamota

No, I would expect you to have the intelligence to do the research to find out all the specs of such an expensive purchase, just like I did for buying this game, which was considerably less in case you didn't know.  The information was out there.  The Beta Weekends were easy to get into.  The NDA was dropped well in advance of ANYONE actually buying the game.  If you are now disappointed with what you got, it is YOUR fault, not BioWare's.  They were VERY clear on the type of game they were producing.  You were not smart in the research you did and therefore had overblown expectations.  Maybe next time you will have learned your lesson.

I am just disappointed that there are people like you out there, all the research out there described how fun the level process is, which it is. If you actually read through some of the posts , no one is arguing that SWTOR is actually an extremely fun and entertaining game for level 1 to 49. And all the research prior to launch will say that.

ILUM before 1.1 patch was OKAY, it was just boring and no actual fights was going on, thats what beta and all the research out there described. ( an empty planet that SOON will have amazing OPEN world pvp ) Then 1.1 dropped and everyone that earned their Valor in Warzones are now surpassed by ILUM Valor farmers in a few days that would have taken them weeks.

How about the day one PVP Warzone win not register bug that is still present, how about the Hacks ( only 1 google search away for 10 websites devoted to exploits and hacks ) that was present on day 1 of launch that is now the norms of Warzones. BTW no one has been banned for speed hacks and other exploits because the same person that does it is still in the game and everyone that ever pvped knows them by name.

HOW in the hell would we have know that BIOWARE was gonna treat their customers like this, HOW the hell are we suppose to know that they don't ban anyone from abusing their game. HOW the hell are we suppose to have known that BIOWARE will break their game little by little with each patch update. Where were you getting your information that would have prepared you for all of this.

NO RESEARCH will have prepared their customer for this.

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

Originally posted by Marchosias31

Im a hardcore SWTOR/BIO 'fanboi', mk? Have an official forum account created on Oct 08, etc blah blah blah.

Yesterday, hit a massive wall. Ive been waiting for this game and following the Friday updates FOR YEARS, PAID 160 DOLLARS FOR THE CE, AND HAVE LITTLE MORE THEN A MONTHS PLAYTIME TO SHOW FOR IT.

Endgame content, lack of pvp, LACK OF TRACKING SYSTEM FOR PVP KILLS, PVP CODEX PERIOD, IS THE  MAIN REASON.

Im having a harder and harder time loging in. Theres just so little to do. Yeah yeah the story is good. But that only gets you so far.

Alts? Well, party ok. But with the Legacy system being a non existant ingame mechanic, and not likely to be anytime soon, theres little incentive.

I feel like im going thru adolescence again. Between being angry/sad at this, im surprised at how strongly I feel about this game..

Anyone else feeling this?

i feel sorry for you..

I lolled also for paying 160 dollar for a videogame..

I think i made a thread before SWOTR was released asking a question to the forum readers here:

Why do you even bother  with this..

I got bashed away hard  by so many people and now a month after release every sec a thread is being made about how bad the game is..

I truly feel sorry for the waiste of money.. Fan of swotr or not.. not one game is worth 160 dollar

• LucioonLucioon Member UncommonPosts: 819

Originally posted by Sovrath

Originally posted by Zlayer77

You are most correct in this.. and my post was genarly directed at the people who say they are PVPers and then go and BUY a theampark game...and cry about it...

exactly.

It was clear form the start that SWToR was a theme park game and would have a theme park pvp system. Now, that's not a judgement on that type of system just a statement of fact.

Theme Park pvp systems are not going to of interest to a lot of hardcore pvp fans. What i think is that pvp players see info on pvp and they fill on the blanks with their own wants/desires and then they get dissapointed.

If it walks like a duck, sounds like a duck, smells like a duck, it's probably a duck.

Hardcore PVPer's that I know actually enjoy the PVP being offered by SWTOR, its not that its not fun, its just that the BUGS and EXPLOITS and HACKS available is making SWTOR PVP an disappointment.

I don't ever expect the game to be BUG free but rather that they actually fix some of the things. ( rather than destroy it more with every patch ) 

RNG BAGs frustrations, Wins Not registering, Speed hacks, collision bypass, invincibility have been reported since week 1. Even at Early release when people was getting free exp and bioware didn't take any actions.

All three warzones are something that I really enjoy, Myself and maybe some PVPer's are just extremely disappointed at BIOWARE for their apparent lack of love for their PVP. ( have you even noticed at the some small differences that favors the IMPS over the Republic, since Day 1 its been reported and still haven't had any feed back from the developers that they will look into it. )

Life is a Maze, so make sure you bring your GPS incase you get lost in it.

• hotixhotix Member UncommonPosts: 130

@Lucioon- Perfect response. Checkmate to all these idiots out there saying we're wrong for complaining about a half released game. Rifts set the standard and all that can't meet that standard will be judged accordingly.

Disclaimer: Yes Rift failed, but compared to SWTOR not as hard.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Lucioon

Originally posted by Yamota

No, I would expect you to have the intelligence to do the research to find out all the specs of such an expensive purchase, just like I did for buying this game, which was considerably less in case you didn't know.  The information was out there.  The Beta Weekends were easy to get into.  The NDA was dropped well in advance of ANYONE actually buying the game.  If you are now disappointed with what you got, it is YOUR fault, not BioWare's.  They were VERY clear on the type of game they were producing.  You were not smart in the research you did and therefore had overblown expectations.  Maybe next time you will have learned your lesson.

I am just disappointed that there are people like you out there, all the research out there described how fun the level process is, which it is. If you actually read through some of the posts , no one is arguing that SWTOR is actually an extremely fun and entertaining game for level 1 to 49. And all the research prior to launch will say that.

ILUM before 1.1 patch was OKAY, it was just boring and no actual fights was going on, thats what beta and all the research out there described. ( an empty planet that SOON will have amazing OPEN world pvp ) Then 1.1 dropped and everyone that earned their Valor in Warzones are now surpassed by ILUM Valor farmers in a few days that would have taken them weeks.

How about the day one PVP Warzone win not register bug that is still present, how about the Hacks ( only 1 google search away for 10 websites devoted to exploits and hacks ) that was present on day 1 of launch that is now the norms of Warzones. BTW no one has been banned for speed hacks and other exploits because the same person that does it is still in the game and everyone that ever pvped knows them by name.

HOW in the hell would we have know that BIOWARE was gonna treat their customers like this, HOW the hell are we suppose to know that they don't ban anyone from abusing their game. HOW the hell are we suppose to have known that BIOWARE will break their game little by little with each patch update. Where were you getting your information that would have prepared you for all of this.

NO RESEARCH will have prepared their customer for this.

He's right man, you can't argue with common sense. No one was truly allowed access to the game until they purchased it. There were not 1.7 Million people in betta chasing boxes around in Illum for 4 hours.

Now every month you decide to stick around and be abused by Biowares moves is up to you.. After the free month you take a bit more resposibility in your enjoyment of SWTOR.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762

I'm in the same boat basically as the OP. Beyond the main storylines, SWTOR is beyond repetitive. Choices really don't make a difference, depsite Bio's claims. The side quests are now painful to do since they are identical for every class. Exporation is worthless since there is nothing beyond the main and side quest lines (no sense of discovery by going off the railed tracks). PvP is  a bad joke - talk about mechanics that are PvP unfriendly - pretty hard to PvP when I'm playing the interface instead of the game. Combat mechanics are more WoW than WoW, making SWTOR un-action oriented - again, playing the interface instead of playing the actual game (meaning I spend more time watching cooldowns rather than keeping my eyes on the play field).

I thought SWTOR was just OK upon launch; enough to keep me entertained for a bit, but it quickly lost it's luster after ~45 days of semi-casual play. My highest toon is 36 and I have ~ 5 toons in their early 20s. I'm at the point now when I log in and there isn't a toon that I'm looking forward to playing - I actually stare at my toons trying to talk myself into playing. I guess when it gets to that point, it's time to cancel the sub and move on for a while. Maybe Bio will introduce some better and braoder things to do to keep my interest, but right now the game feels old and stale, which is a pretty bad thing considering the game released a little over a month ago.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

• AcmegamerAcmegamer Member UncommonPosts: 337

Im a hardcore SWTOR/BIO 'fanboi', mk? Have an official forum account created on Oct 08, etc blah blah blah.

Yesterday, hit a massive wall. Ive been waiting for this game and following the Friday updates FOR YEARS, PAID 160 DOLLARS FOR THE CE, AND HAVE LITTLE MORE THEN A MONTHS PLAYTIME TO SHOW FOR IT.

Endgame content, lack of pvp, LACK OF TRACKING SYSTEM FOR PVP KILLS, PVP CODEX PERIOD, IS THE  MAIN REASON.

Im having a harder and harder time loging in. Theres just so little to do. Yeah yeah the story is good. But that only gets you so far.

Alts? Well, party ok. But with the Legacy system being a non existant ingame mechanic, and not likely to be anytime soon, theres little incentive.

I feel like im going thru adolescence again. Between being angry/sad at this, im surprised at how strongly I feel about this game..

I'll see your  $150.00 collectors edition and add to it two $80.00 digital downloads for family members. It is a badly flawed game, they sunk to much into the voice overs and cutaways and not enough into the mechanics and other foundational standards of an mmorpg. Across the board you can find short cuts that Bioware took on doing this project. From the crappy HeroEngine which saved them 3 years of development time to how they'd shorted legacies and races.

Swapping things around and disabling this or that. It is like they read a book on how not to design a successful mmorpg and followed it. I'd guess I'm just let down over all, the money wasn't an issue, I did get some entertainement out of it as did my son and wife. Over all though it was a big let down and I'm just waiting for some project by someone else done better down the line now to come out. Bioware did convince me though that like Funcom I will not get excited for any of their future projects, nor will I buy a collectors edition. I'll wait and read player feedback, ask questions and figure out if I want to bother.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Somebody needs a hug?

There has never been an MMO that had absolutely everything out of the box that every kind of gamer wanted, but the successful ones get around to putting a lot in during it's first year or two, & then continue to add stuff over it's life.

There are a lot of things coming in the pipe for SWTOR, which has kept the full-sized development team, PvP does suffer a lack of variety, it also suffers the most from the population imbalances. I find the PvP a lot of fun, but my main focus is PvE, but the problem is just far too much repetition in the PvP game, especially I hated huttball ad nauseum.

PvP needs a lot of work yet, but I'm confident it will get better.

• Jason2444Jason2444 Member Posts: 372

Originally posted by Skuz

Somebody needs a hug?

There has never been an MMO that had absolutely everything out of the box that every kind of gamer wanted, but the successful ones get around to putting a lot in during it's first year or two, & then continue to add stuff over it's life.

Actually only FAILED MMOs take a year to get modern features implemented.

Rift has all the features SWTOR has and more and it's not even a year old while only using a fraction of the funding

Happy to enlighten

MMOs played: WoW, Star Wars Galaxies, Star Wars: The Old Republic, Guild Wars, Planetside, Global Agenda, Star Trek Online, RIFT, Everquest 2, Age of Conan, Warhammer Online, EvE online, APB
    Best MMO Companies: Trion Worlds, ArenaNet, CCP
    Worst MMO Companies: Electronic Arts