Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hacking and Exploiting in Aion

eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Since MMORPG.COM now censors posts on 3 weeks old threads as "thread necroing", I had to make a new thread to reply, sorry for that.

[quote]As for hacks...No, didn't see many of those at all personally, and I played and PvPed heavily. Not saying the usual asshats didn't use them but 'full'? Not in the slightest. I saw way more hacks in DF, for example, then I saw in this game in the same period. [/quote]

I am surprised that you didn't notice them. What server do you play on? Telemachus got lots of famous proven cheaters, for example this guy is famous for exploiting for months without NcSoft taking actions:

[quote]The guys that ued hacks got called out pretty quickly as well, and I know for a fact that there were bannings because of it (and for buying farmed kinah).[(/quote]

Yeah there was a time when the GSU did a great job on cheaters. But these days it's not really possible to get banned for anything but swearing in english or afking in dred.

[quote]I also played EU servers. Maybe Spat had more serious issue, I don't know, but that would make it a server culture problem (maybe you had 2 or 3 problem legions) then a serious game one.[/quote]

What server are you on? My experience is from Telemachus which got tons of cheaters. Just 3 weeks ago I got killed in first zone on my 5 stars general by a sorc popping out of hide and even though I could prove it with a fraps, NcSoft didn't take actions.

LFG!

Comments

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

in spatalos only saw some cheaters on arena, proc'ing every 2 skills their 3000 dmg godstones

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by eHug

[quote]As for hacks...No, didn't see many of those at all personally, and I played and PvPed heavily. Not saying the usual asshats didn't use them but 'full'? Not in the slightest. I saw way more hacks in DF, for example, then I saw in this game in the same period. [/quote]

I am surprised that you didn't notice them.

I didn't say I didn't notice them or they didn't exist, I said the situation wasn't as bad as a lot of drama queens here make out.

Hacks exist in every game,especially in PvP games, to single Aion out for it is silly. If your gonna attack a game for having hacks best give up MMORPGs right now.

Yeah there was a time when the GSU did a great job on cheaters. But these days it's not really possible to get banned for anything but swearing in english or afking in dred.

Well, that may be, I haven't played the NCoft servers for over a year now, but new company new start.

Lets see how Gameforge do and judge them on their own actions with the game, rather then loading them full of NCS's baggage.

[quote]I also played EU servers. Maybe Spat had more serious issue, I don't know, but that would make it a server culture problem (maybe you had 2 or 3 problem legions) then a serious game one.[/quote]

What server are you on? My experience is from Telemachus which got tons of cheaters. Just 3 weeks ago I got killed in first zone on my 5 stars general by a sorc popping out of hide and even though I could prove it with a fraps, NcSoft didn't take actions.

I played on Kahrun, and yes as I have said, cheating existed, ofc it did, but the way you guys make it sound is that every player ran a hack, which is just false.

if your gonna talk about it can you link us this vid?

• eHugeHug Member UncommonPosts: 265

Originally posted by Vesavius

Originally posted by eHug

Vesavius:I didn't say I didn't notice them or they didn't exist, I said the situation wasn't as bad as a lot of drama queens here make out.

Hacks exist in every game,especially in PvP games, to single Aion out for it is silly. If your gonna attack a game for having hacks best give up MMORPGs right now.

eHug: I don't single out Aion. I saw hacks in games like L2 - they got fixed there and didn't last for over 2 years, though. Aion lacks server side checks for important variables, allowing players to get a big advantage and there are no plans to change that. Be it able to fly where you can't, to see other players and even GMs that are in invisible mode, increasing your attack speed, allowing you to walk through walls - and tons of other crap, before Aion I never played a mmorpg with a that wide range of exploits that gonna stay forever.

That, combined with the NcSoft support that denies to do anything even with proven cheaters became a real issue on the server where I played and from I read on forums (including the retail one) it was an issue on perento and spatalos, too.

At least for me these exploits were a constant annoyance, over the two years I lost weeks worth of AP to cheaters and it was really frustrating. It plain suck to have someone hovering over you in the air where you can't reach him because it's a no flight zone while he farms you for lots of AP without taking the slightest risk.

eHug: Yeah there was a time when the GSU did a great job on cheaters. But these days it's not really possible to get banned for anything but swearing in english or afking in dred.

Vesavius:Well, that may be, I haven't played the NCoft servers for over a year now, but new company new start.

Lets see how Gameforge do and judge them on their own actions with the game, rather then loading them full of NCS's baggage.

eHug: True, with some support the open world situation can improve, but the rampant exploiting in instances, etc (places people can't be seen thus reported) will stay with a good chance. I contacted GF community manager and asked if they get the scripts that NcSoft NA used to catch the NA players that soloed instances using exploits and they didn't even know what I talked about. So let's hope they do their homework, even though I am not too sure of it.

Vesavius: [quote]I also played EU servers. Maybe Spat had more serious issue, I don't know, but that would make it a server culture problem (maybe you had 2 or 3 problem legions) then a serious game one.[/quote]

eHug: What server are you on? My experience is from Telemachus which got tons of cheaters. Just 3 weeks ago I got killed in first zone on my 5 stars general by a sorc popping out of hide and even though I could prove it with a fraps, NcSoft didn't take actions.

Vesavius:I played on Kahrun, and yes as I have said, cheating existed, ofc it did, but the way you guys make it sound is that every player ran a hack, which is just false.

if your gonna talk about it can you link us this vid?

eHug: Obviously not everybody was cheating but on Telemachus had a bigger number of cheaters and these were often camping places like silentera entrance blocking access to SC/Gelk so they were a constant annoyance. As for the vid, I rather don't post one, mmorpg.com is pretty hardcore when it comes to giving any kind of infos on hacks/cheats and I don't really want to get banned. Browsing retail forums (ie TL section) or youtube should give you enough videos though.

LFG!