Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How is PvP in Vanguard?

wfsaxtonwfsaxton Member UncommonPosts: 73

Does it even exist?

It seems like it has an awesome crafting/sandbox element to it...but I'm also looking for PvP.

I'm downloading the free trial now...

Comments

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Lol, I have played this game on and off since release, and I have never encountered PVP. Not once. There used to be a PVP server, but does not exist any more.

If you are looking for PVP, this is not the game. However, if you are looking for the richest and most engaging PVE experience ever, then Vanguard is at the top of the list.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by wfsaxton

Does it even exist?

It seems like it has an awesome crafting/sandbox element to it...but I'm also looking for PvP.

I'm downloading the free trial now...

If you are looking for pvp stop downloading.

There is no pvp except for an arena that is "somewhere" and from what I've heard no one uses it.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • UtukuMoonUtukuMoon Member Posts: 1,066
    Their is none,used to be but not anymore.They have an arena which is up in the sky,you can fly there or teleport.Its not a battleground like WOW.

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

So far, I've found it increasingly harder and harder for a new player to get started in Vanguard.

The "Free Trial" island is simply dreadful, and makes the game look like a Themepark through & through. I tried with 3 other friends last week to get into Vanguard but we couldn't even stomach the free trial island for more than a couple hours. Needless to say if Vanguard Devs don't do something about that terrible "Free Trial" island the game will continue to tank.

Just my 2cents.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• reb007reb007 Member UncommonPosts: 613

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

So far, I've found it increasingly harder and harder for a new player to get started in Vanguard.

The "Free Trial" island is simply dreadful, and makes the game look like a Themepark through & through. I tried with 3 other friends last week to get into Vanguard but we couldn't even stomach the free trial island for more than a couple hours. Needless to say if Vanguard Devs don't do something about that terrible "Free Trial" island the game will continue to tank.

Just my 2cents.

I have to agree with you, the trial island is awful on so many levels. It feels generic, ugly, boring, and just plain awful.

What sucks the most is the trial island is the best place to start in the game because of all of the great starting rewards. If you start a character in their home town, you get an excellent introduction to the lore, better scenery, but no one to play with and shitty rewards.

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,396

Just my 2cents.

No game can compete with impatience.

I realize you may be burned out, but that reads like a classic 'Want it now!' screed. 

Now, I played Vanguard for several months and thought it was a pretty cool set up.  Just not worth cost, as I only pay one sub at a time, (house rules).

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

If you are looking for PvP, Vanguard is definitely NOT the place. Vanguard was designed as a PvE game, and it shows.

Even when they still had PvP, it was very inferior. Classes that could oneshot other classes. Classes that where clearly in the advantage (for example Death Cleric, for a while).

Other combos wouldnt work at all. Cleric vs Cleric for example, you could do that all day and still both guys would be standing. Just pointless.

Group PvP was probably better, I would persume.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I dont think people who cannot "stomach" the trial island will like the rest of the game.

Vanguard IS a themepark. You can build a house and have ships - but thats all that can be built.

Other than that, its a huge gameworld with a ***-load of quests and a ***-load of dungeons. All very well made, but you cannot permanently change anything about the gameworld.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Originally posted by Adamantine

I dont think people who cannot "stomach" the trial island will like the rest of the game.

Vanguard IS a themepark. You can build a house and have ships - but thats all that can be built.

Other than that, its a huge gameworld with a ***-load of quests and a ***-load of dungeons. All very well made, but you cannot permanently change anything about the gameworld.

I would agree it's a themepark but I don't know of many mmo sandbox games where you could permanently change things in the world.

ryzom is a sandbox and I don't believe you can do that. Could you do that in UO? You can do that in EVE but pvp is an improtant part of EVE. Not so much in Vanguard.

Having said that, the trial isle is kind of good and bad. It certainly is a more guided experience and does introduce several game play ideas to the player. However, it's somewhat disingenuous because it just doesn't represent the actual game world.

Because of the sheer size of Vanguard and because it has so many dungeons and from what I understand, decent crafting, one can play it as a sandbox game. I know I do. I rarely do quests and pretty much go out and find my own fun. but yeah, it's a themepark game that allows some freedom.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo