Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trying to return, but ALL information sources out of date...[help!]

Trying to figure out what class to play now coming back, however there is ABSOLUTELY no updated class source for Spells & Abilities.

Without an updated "spell index" I can't figure out the difference between all the healer classes, and if necromancer is what I want to go :(.

Anyone, help :'(?

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Hello?

• GrayGreeneGrayGreene Member Posts: 239

Just wanted to let you know you're not talking to yourself.  Sorry I cant help with your question though.  I really want Vanguard to revive and become better, so hopefully you wont get frustrated and someone will help you with your issue.

• BeezerbeezBeezerbeez Member UncommonPosts: 302

It may pay to create something that looks cool and ask some guildies once you get in the game.  Let us know how your experience is!  VG was a fun game.

Originally posted by Beezerbeez

It may pay to create something that looks cool and ask some guildies once you get in the game.  Let us know how your experience is!  VG was a fun game.

Kind of hard to put together a group of 4 people (myself, and 3 friends who want to go back) when you don't know what any of the classes ACTUALLY do.

For instance, in EQ Clerics were better for a group that had a Warrior as the maintank due to a Cleric's HP buffs would give your MT (the warrior) a good health chunk to tank better. HOWEVER, in EQ a shaman was better for a caster heavy groups due to tons of overall stat buffs & quick heals + amazing regen for the time.

So my question is this. If we wanted to roll 3 necromancers, what would be the best healer for that?

Cleric, Shaman, or BloodMage?

Or, if we wanted to do a MT, Dmg, Dmg, Healer setup, what would be best in Vanguard?

Warrior, Sorc, Sorc, Cleric?

Is "Psionist" like the "Enchanter" from EQ who would deal out tons of crack, or is "crack" not needed in Vanguard since I noticed it has a fairly fast regen out of combat.

I also saw a video of a guy shapeshifting in-combat, and I think he was a ranger. Does that mean Druids, being primarily offensive casters in Vanguard as opposed to healers in EQ, shapeshift at higher levels for long periods of times (talking hours here)?

I HATE games that give you the bread & butter of a class in the form of a buff that only lasts 10minutes, and then needs recasting. -...-

• Ribas363Ribas363 Member Posts: 33

About 4 sites posted in this thread http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/147/view/forums/post/4734459#4734459.  Unfortunately, the best and most up to date site has been pulled down as some personal protest by the site owner =/

• gexz7gexz7 Member Posts: 131

Their are no new updates due to the game not having any game updates in some time, that said the classes are the same and as always Ten Ton Hammer is king, sometimes just sometimes in life it helps to do your own research, that way you are making a choice based on your research and not on the advice or words of another

http://www.tentonhammer.com/vanguard/guides

• cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

I just started again im in the Wood elf starter place. I didn't do the trial island, I played the trial a few times so I didn't feel like doing it again. haha  My name is Lyathin if you wanna try and group up sometime. 

• GilcroixGilcroix Member UncommonPosts: 262

I have been looking into returning and the best site i have found is http://www.wiki.silkyvenom.com/index.php/Main_Page

Hope that helps. image

• allegriaallegria Member CommonPosts: 682

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by Beezerbeez

Kind of hard to put together a group of 4 people (myself, and 3 friends who want to go back) when you don't know what any of the classes ACTUALLY do.

For instance, in EQ Clerics were better for a group that had a Warrior as the maintank due to a Cleric's HP buffs would give your MT (the warrior) a good health chunk to tank better. HOWEVER, in EQ a shaman was better for a caster heavy groups due to tons of overall stat buffs & quick heals + amazing regen for the time.

So my question is this. If we wanted to roll 3 necromancers, what would be the best healer for that?

Cleric, Shaman, or BloodMage?

Really does not matter they are all strong.

Or, if we wanted to do a MT, Dmg, Dmg, Healer setup, what would be best in Vanguard?

Warrior, Sorc, Sorc, Cleric?

That would work great but all the classes are good, i would suggest psi ( great dps and CC ), any other dps or bard, any tank, any heals.

My pick would be paladin / psi / ranger / disc or bmg 

Is "Psionist" like the "Enchanter" from EQ who would deal out tons of crack, or is "crack" not needed in Vanguard since I noticed it has a fairly fast regen out of combat.

Psi = CC like enchanter yes. its a fantastic class.

I also saw a video of a guy shapeshifting in-combat, and I think he was a ranger. Does that mean Druids, being primarily offensive casters in Vanguard as opposed to healers in EQ, shapeshift at higher levels for long periods of times (talking hours here)?

Not sure on that I do play ranger and I do not shapeshift. Likely druid or shaman. ( i think its shaman )

I HATE games that give you the bread & butter of a class in the form of a buff that only lasts 10minutes, and then needs recasting. -...-

NET-NEt of my post is this: figure out the combination you want ( healer / dps / dps tank ) or other and pick the classes you like.

The multi necro idea is cool but u will fight each other for drops, i would spread amongst the armor types

( light / med / heavy ) 

• DarwaDarwa Member UncommonPosts: 2,181

Hello?

Please write like this more often. That orange colour is ugly and there are many that won't read anything written on that fact alone.

Anyway, good luck with whatever it is that you're asking.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Cleric = Biggest mana pool. A healer in plate with some good buffs. Can easily function as a groups main healer.

Shaman = In my opinion the best healer in the game. You get superior mana regen and life to mana leech not to mention 3 instant heals. You have a pet that can offtank pretty well too not to mention one of the best melee buffs in the game.

Disciple = A monk that heals the group using fighting combinations. Since you are not casting heals and not dependent on mana you can heal forever even when silenced. You also have feign death so you can survive if your group wipes then rez them later. Also a good at dragging everybodys tombstone. The disciple is the best solo character in the game right now. It requires you are a bit more active in a group to keep everybody up

Bloodmage = Excellent healer as well. Suffers quite a bit if other than the tank takes damage or gets agro but as a focused healer it's pretty awesome

So far, it looks like: Necro, Necro, Necro, Shaman.

Chose Shaman because of the (+)Energy & (+)20% Spell haste, and not to mention a Shaman does actually get group heals. However, I was wondering if pets are affected by group buffs &/or heals?

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Here is what I used, It will give a walkthrough for each class and their abilities and an explain what each do.  The site is somewhat out dated as small things have changed, however the changes as far as i could see are only for the Ranger class. Other than that this is a good site.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/vanguard/guides 

However.....I would recommend the free trial, and spend a few days trying to figure it out for your self. You can learn a lot in 10 levels, and it's FREE !

I found that all healer classes are good and needed healers, But it depends on your style some are caster healers some are meele healers, and the Shaman healer class even has a pet.

Now some may disagree, as this is only my opinion. I made a Shaman healer with a Bear for a pet. The Bear is like a tanking pet, and works well as I play solo.  But playing with my friend as a Monk he would take the agro from my pet every time, You will even get some tanking abilities for the Bear, but they don't work too well.  If I were to play with others I would go with either the Phoenix or the Wolf, at least they will do more dps. Like I say this is only my opinion. 

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

Chose Shaman because of the (+)Energy & (+)20% Spell haste, and not to mention a Shaman does actually get group heals. However, I was wondering if pets are affected by group buffs &/or heals?

You're going to need a real tank if you wanna tackle on the group stuff.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Originally posted by csthao

You're going to need a real tank if you wanna tackle on the group stuff.

Yah, Csthao is right,

You need a tank.  If all tank classes are out of the question at least a Monk can somewhat tank. My friend played one and often played an ok tank.

Vanguard is an un forgiving mmo.  Dungeon mobs will be on you guys like butter on bread.

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

why would u want to roll 3 necros? :) a regular group will be WAY more effective. plus, u hardly need more than 1-2 necros in a raid. some tipps for a grp of 4:

1) most important: include a bard in ur setup. they will improve your group efficiency drastically and speed up things by alot!! a bard song has a huge impact on the group, they also come in handy for some crowd control. especially at end game bard is key for most things due to highly increased grpdps. plus bard ends up being a high dps class himself. the advantage of a bard grows the higher u get...

2) tank either go for paladin or DK... warrior is nice to have in a group for their shouts/grpboost but at end game do not quite offer the survivability/aggro control as the other two tanks and rely most on buffs/gear...

3) shaman is an excellent choice as solo healer. if you do not have a psi in your grp, go for bird shaman for energy regen. otherwise, bear shaman deliver the far strongest melee dps buffs of the three forms.

4) psi is rly nice to have for their buffs alone. add CC to the grp and do good with dps. some encounters at later game are not even doable (or much, much harder) without psi.

hrm nah VG druids don't offer shapeshifting at all, at least not in the way you would expect it... VG druids are known for having the strongest burst dps, by pumping all their phenomena points at once into one dps burn (which comes in handy for many situation)... but for parses on longer/regular timeperiods, they are on par with Psis, but both behind Sorc.