Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

getting me down...

KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

The more I use mmorpg and read the angry threads of members opinions of games the more I get down about games.

But I cant help it, this website is like my hub. It has good information and updates on games but the negative threads about games are very depresing.

Il try not to read the replys even if I get any at all,( but I'm sure I will ) as they will probably be full of hatred. Owe well.

Comments

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I know its kind of a bummer. (yes, bummer, so what?) but in a way, think of it as a good thing.  I learned a long time ago, that you can't please everyone....  and in the case of an MMO developer,  you can't please ANYONE,  but I digress.

My philosophy, is play everything,  or at least try it.  Don't listen to what the other guys say.  Think about any game you enjoy.  Then realize that theres a group of jerks out there that hate that game and complain about it all day.  Does that decrease your enjoyment of it?     If it does,  it shouldn't.  

Try and be positive as often as you can.. MMORPG can't block negativity.... in fact, I'd bet thats most of their revenue.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011

It just gets me down on the site. Too much negativity, too much poison.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I see hope instead. The more people raise their "voices" about what's wrong with MMOs today, the better chance we'll have in seeing progression instead of digression.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

Originally posted by Zekiah

I see hope instead. The more people raise their "voices" about what's wrong with MMOs today, the better chance we'll have in seeing progression instead of digression.

The problem is, this site doesn't speak for the majority, which has been proven time and again.  Developers listen to the money.  On top of that, what you view as digression,  I view as "gameplay differences".  

Its like the difference between Street Fighter and Tekken.   A 2D fighting game may be "old school" but its a different style of fighting game, and can still be fun.  So can traditional MMOs.   So can isometric gameplay.  Game styles will move and progress,  but the classic styles never die.  Sometimes all they need is a little rest.

• KroxMalonKroxMalon Member UncommonPosts: 608

I belive that most game devs dont even read here. We are all just ganking each other .

Originally posted by coxyroxy

I belive that most game devs dont even read here. We are all just ganking each other .

Some do.  Some even post here... for the most part they are small developers though.  Do I think BioWare reads this site?  Its doubtful.  I think SOE stopped reading around the NGE.   

For the most part, people are just trying to bring eachothers enjoyment down. If you don't like a feature, or you don't like the games style.. you can state that and move on.  But people here continuously post everything they can to bring the game down.. from sub numbers, to bugs they've never experienced,  to gameplay mechanics they don't truly understand,  and they post these same thoughts in thread after thread... after thread....

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

The more I use mmorpg and read the angry threads of members opinions of games the more I get down about games.

But I cant help it, this website is like my hub. It has good information and updates on games but the negative threads about games are very depresing.

Il try not to read the replys even if I get any at all,( but I'm sure I will ) as they will probably be full of hatred. Owe well.

I question the op's motive here...WHY??First of all ,i wonder if the OP actually wants to discuss this topic and will take into consideration BOTH viewpoints as i will TRY to point out the flaw to this accusation of HATRED.

WHY do you look at other peoples discussion of games as  HATRED?That tells me that you probably can't accept other peoples opinions?If for example somneone says they don't like a purple car or a pink car or they don't like the noise inside the car or they don't like the way it handles on highway or in turns ect ect,would you complain there is too much hatred on cars?Would you get all down and not want to talk about cars again?Would you write a post to Chrysler or GM and tell them you are down because there is too many negative comments about cars?See the point?One is actually a REAL life IMPORTANT facet of life,a LOT more important than gaming ever will be.

You do realize that a game has no feelings what so ever,it is just an inanimate object of  0's and 1's,what people say about games SHOULD be like the furthest thing down on your REAL LIFE agenda.If game discussion gets you down how do you cope with the millions of real life issues we have going,they don't take precedence?

I also question the validity of the HATRED statement because there has been as expected just as many MISLEADING articles including MANY by this site and it's editors and it's PAID outside articles that paint a ONE WAY view point or are trying to mislead potential customers into one way view points to support advertising.

Here  is the VERY big difference>.......

If user A be it an employee of mmorp[g.com  or anyone misleads potential buyers into buy ing a paid advertisers product by painting a false picture of that game,it can cost people money.

If user B say a negativer comment about a game,it might steer away a potential customer but at least won't have people WASTING their hard earned money on a product they would have never bought if not lied to or mislead by said user A.

The truth is ,LESS people will be steered away from one users negative comments,but marketing or misleading adverts DO mislead people,that is why marketing is a multi billion dollar induistry.

Soooooooooo my point is WHY are you ONLY concerned with a one way view point and NOT taking into consideration BOTH viewpoints?

To the OP again,you think it doesn't get MANY of us down when we see a constant barrage of misleading information on extremely bad games because it supports advertising here?Not only does misleading or outright FALSE information get us down but it actually breaks the rules set forth here by trying to BAIT users into a one way view point .I am talking about the original articles NOT a persons viewpoint on one particular aspect of that article.What i am trying to say is that you give a negative comment or two or three ,it is still far less than a FULL article of misleading or opinions painting a one way viewpoint.

Soooo you can discuss games with YOUR viewpoint,but wait no you can't if it doesn't meet OUR viewpoint?Since when does that make any sense in ANY sense of the definition of discussion?That is complete censorship and NOT allowing people to discuss gaming.This is actually the trend here that has been ruining this site and creating so much drama.

All you have to do is act like a mature adult ,make your viewpoint and NOT cry about other peoples viewpointsDISCUSS yes but not WHINING,however i have not seen this mature stand point by MANY users nor the staff here at MMORPG.com.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• DannyGloverDannyGlover Member Posts: 1,277

Yeah it sucks sometimes. I had to "reroll" this account just because I wanted to start fresh. My old account got into too many heated debates over bigotry and intolerance. I try to keep it positive for the most part. Being respectful and polite can rub off on people. People are quick to tell you "welcome to the internet" or "if you dont like it, go away". But that's just nonsense hehe.

I sit on a man's back, choking him and making him carry me, and yet assure myself and others that I am very sorry for him and wish to ease his lot by all possible means - except by getting off his back.

• PuremallacePuremallace Member Posts: 1,856

The mods allow people to inter mingle between mmo's, so Rift players post on TOR boards and vice versa, then you got Sandboxers who hate the concept of Themeparks being so popular.

[mod edit]