Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

STO end game

cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Hello fellow STO players, I have max lvl Klingon and Fed officers. I am just curious what to do at max level.

-I do the few dailies to get some dilithium

-I do the borg mission

I get bored I log off...

Is there anything to do at max level?

I am not subbing anymore so it doesnt let me play player created missions. I went to Fed zone with my klingon and still noone can attack me and i cant attack them. ( I dont like the instanced 5v5 PvP mission they have)

So any suggestions what to do at max level? or is this the reason why this game is free to play now?

Comments

• lightningjaclightningjac Member Posts: 92

Originally posted by cagan

Hello fellow STO players, I have max lvl Klingon and Fed officers. I am just curious what to do at max level.

-I do the borg mission

I get bored I log off...

I am not subbing anymore so it doesnt let me play player created missions. I went to Fed zone with my klingon and still noone can attack me and i cant attack them. ( I dont like the instanced 5v5 PvP mission they have)

So any suggestions what to do at max level? or is this the reason why this game is free to play now?

im not a sub and i play the player created missions everyday...

• decoy26517decoy26517 Member Posts: 313

-I do the borg mission
    I get bored I log off...

Welcome to end game content for STO.

"World of Warcraft is the perfect implementation of this genre." - Hilmar Petursson. CEO of CCP.

• ShardWarriorShardWarrior Member Posts: 290

-I do the borg mission

I get bored I log off...

It depends on what you enjoy doing.  You can give the Foundry a try if you enjoy sifting through thousands of bad player written missions to find one gem, or you can do the dailies as you have been.  There is also STFs to collect EDCs to turn in for MK X or MK XI gear.  Be forewarned though, the STF grind is a very long one.  It takes 120 STF runs to collect enough EDCs for a complete set of MK XI gear (40 per each piece), a few less if you are lucky enough to get an additional EDC drop.  So if you want the MK XI space set and MK XI ground set, you will need 240 STF runs.  480 if you want both the MACO and Omega Force sets Federation side.

If you want the MKXII gear, you can only run elite STFs which do not guarantee a salvage drop for you, so you can run several hundred elite STFs and never get the drop you need.

There are daily events that run too, such as Touring the Universe, running around to scan stuff at the Academy, etc.

To be honest, endgame in STO is pretty boring in my experience compared to other MMOs I have played.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Thank you all, Tried a few player created missions, found a few good ones but got old too..

So here is my typical day for STO end game here:

-assign new duty officer missions

-If i am super bored run a STF (thanx for letting me know I need to run around 120 stf's for a set btw)

-log off

This is the worst end game I have ever seen. The only thing I enjoy is the borg invasion (ground) event but I come across it like once a week. I really dont see a reason to log in anymore. All the friends I started with dont even bother to log in.There is nothing in there other than the STF grind a better gear.  You are stuck with your ship unless you pay $$$ to get a better one from the store...

now I know its F2P, watch the new wave of players leave when they all reach max lvl...

So I  finished the newly added storyline content, kept me busy for a few days. A good 5-6 hours of missions in there.

nothing to do again till they add new content...

Also they just added "buy keys with cash to open really good loot boxes that might drop rare ships" content...LOL

I repeat its a decent free game to spend a few weeks, I did spend my few weeks and I am done with this game. No end content, just grind the same instances/dailies over and over. I would have played more if I had the option to kill Feds in open world PvP with my KDF.

Overall rating: 6.5

Fun factor till you get to max level: 7.5

Fun factor after max level: 3

not a single thing to do other than grind a few boring instances, and this game just celebrated 2 year anniversary...

Final comment: Hey its free, give it a try but not worth spending money...

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

I go back just to blow up a couple of Borg cubes then logoff again, this game has nothing to offer anyone looking for end game, hell it doesnt offer much to the horde of role players in the game either.

• FeydawayFeydaway Member Posts: 122

I think they MAY have had plans to expand end game content at one point, but the Perfect Worlds takeover nixed that.

The problem with the STF grind and going for MACO or Honor Guard gear or whatever sets is that there is nothing to do with them!  What's the point?  You have a full MACO and Borg set...so, what?  The STF's are now a little easier for you?  Surely  you are DONE with STF's at that point.

It makes you tougher in PvP, but there are no endgame PvP rewards.

Maybe if they EVER do "Into the Hive" that could be fun.

I log on, send my duty officers out, do a few dailies, and that's about all she wrote.  I'm doing the feature now...but only 2 a year?  That blows.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

Originally posted by Feydaway

I think they MAY have had plans to expand end game content at one point, but the Perfect Worlds takeover nixed that.

The problem with the STF grind and going for MACO or Honor Guard gear or whatever sets is that there is nothing to do with them!  What's the point?  You have a full MACO and Borg set...so, what?  The STF's are now a little easier for you?  Surely  you are DONE with STF's at that point.

It makes you tougher in PvP, but there are no endgame PvP rewards.

Maybe if they EVER do "Into the Hive" that could be fun.

I log on, send my duty officers out, do a few dailies, and that's about all she wrote.  I'm doing the feature now...but only 2 a year?  That blows.

That's a pile of rubbish . They knew they were up for sale before the first year was done. They blew smoke  to prevent a mass exodus , don't make excuses for a bad company. People need to understand Cryptic , the truth is irrelevant and uneccesary as far as they are concerned. They always talk a good game , but never show up on the field .

I didnt log in for a like a week now...

I am not planning to log in anytime in the future either, I am playing X-COM (yes the 15 year old game), which has much more replayability. Even the 1993 Wing Commander is more fun than STO end game...

the only reason i am not uninstalling is to see what they will come up in 6 months (I have lots of free space on my HDD)

This will be my last post with this game, its good to kill a few days/weeks while leveling up. Not worth spending any more time/money after reaching level cap. Cryptic is milking the Star Trek name as much as they can...sad.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

I didnt log in for a like a week now...

I am not planning to log in anytime in the future either, I am playing X-COM (yes the 15 year old game), which has much more replayability. Even the 1993 Wing Commander is more fun than STO end game...

the only reason i am not uninstalling is to see what they will come up in 6 months (I have lots of free space on my HDD)

This will be my last post with this game, its good to kill a few days/weeks while leveling up. Not worth spending any more time/money after reaching level cap. Cryptic is milking the Star Trek name as much as they can...sad.

I hear someone is making a new xcom style game called xenonauts (i think) in response to the let down of an fps that is using the name.  Could be released sometime this year

link : http://www.xenonauts.com/