Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A little problem I am having

SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

Crashing. Everytime I run into a Starport my computer reboots. I have to play it on craptacularly low settings for it not to.

I have:
AMD Athlon 3000+
1GB pc2700
ATI Radeon 9700 pro

It really ought to run great. I recently reformatted, installed new drivers etc., and reinstalled the game and it still does it.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Strange ... your specs are more than enough to run the game, even in Coronet starport.

Did you send the SWg tech guys the data dump as requested on their forum so they can take a look ?

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/content.jsp?page=Tech%20Support%20Index

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board?board.id=Techsupport

Here are quite a few answers to common SWG tech problems. Did you check them out yet ? I know that SWG has some problems with a few select grafic cards and driver combos.

Have fun

Erillion

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Hmm have you disabled world pre-loading and caching in the "Options" button on the launchpad? That drastically reduces load time and helps a LOT with performance issues of that type.

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

• SaranthSaranth Member UncommonPosts: 269

I have not done that. I will as soon as I get home tonight. Provided the warden gives me computer privileges tonight.::::18::

I'll have to bribe her with chocolate or something.::::33::

• ElnatorElnator Member Posts: 6,077

Originally posted by Saranth
    I have not done that. I will as soon as I get home tonight. Provided the warden gives me computer privileges tonight.::::18::I'll have to bribe her with chocolate or something.::::33::

My wife works at night :) I simply play after I put the kids to bed. :) When she gets home I log out to spend time with her till we go to bed.

Works great. Honeydo list and kid torture till about 8pm... whatever *I* want to do till 11pm or so then play with wifie and go to sleep at 12:30 or so :)

Currently Playing: Dungeons and Dragons Online.
    Sig image Pending
    Still in: A couple Betas

Originally posted by Elnator
    Hmm have you disabled world pre-loading and caching in the "Options" button on the launchpad? That drastically reduces load time and helps a LOT with performance issues of that type.

I disabled both and am running at default settings. No shadows or anything of that sort. I ran a benchmark with 3dmark2001SE and got 14,500. I ran prime35(not sure on the name) for a day with no failure. EQ2 plays great, so what's with SWG.

Last night i turned the settings all the way down and it still crashed in the bestine, mos eisley and theed. Mainly around the starport or running into the cloning center.

So, to those of you with ATI Radeon cards, which drivers are you using?

Also, I have a soundblaster live. I wonder if that could cause these problems?

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,295

Originally posted by Saranth

So, to those of you with ATI Radeon cards, which drivers are you using?

Radeon 9600 XT

Have fun

Erillion