Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A "True" typical day in SWTOR

2»

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

* screams then procedes to beat her head on desk  *

For the love of God make us a decent immersive, intelligent, guild based mmo again!!!

Enough making casual games for non-gamers you can not win you can not win you can not win....

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

PvP and Illum are garbage. I don't do either anymore. Won't deny that.

I'm 50 and finishing the world and class quests on Corellia. After that is done, do whatever I have to do to completely finish class story.

Then go back and hit up some heroics I haven't done yet on Voss/Corellia/Balsavis, finish up some bonus quest series I haven't done on Voss/Hoth etc.

Then go back and hunt for Holocrons, get my Matrix shards, get that created.

Probably will go back and fully explore every planet, hopefully finding all the Holocrons and lore object unlocks.

In the mean time, I'm running Flashpoints with guildies, and once geared enough will start running heroic flashpoints.

Once we get enough people at 50 (still some slow levelers + late additions) we'll start doing Operations.

Point is, there is PLENTY to do in this game besides PvP. PvP in TOR is awful. I'll admit it. If that is the only reason you play MMOs, well, there are lots of other MMOs with much better PvP.

But the PvE side of things is really quite good. I'm far enough behind (didn't rush to 50) so by the time I'm getting to these flashpoints and heroics and operations, they've been patched and fixed.

Space? I don't really do much... need like 1 more daily and I'll buy the last part for my ship and probably be done with it until it's expanded.

Crafting, well I maxed out everything but Diplomacy so I'll continue working on that and also trying to unlock more Epic recipes to sell on the AH.

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Originally posted by Chrisbox

I've been in 100+ man fights on Ilum and my fps hasnt dropped past 30-40, ( im on an 1700 dollar rig).  In every other area my fps is 100+ so your fps dispute is pointless. Second, you make taking your ship to another planet sound like it takes an hour, when it really takes 2-3 minutes, and just because you want to fly to Ilum everyday doesnt mean everyone else will, the majority of the endgame is in imperial fleet.  Overall this was a poorly constructed post that was ment to convey 1. Your unsatisfaction with the game or 2. You want more people to trash this game on forums.

That long, so 10 journeys and a hour of your life is gone....

I can't stand waiting the 22sec onds it takes my PC to boot up, I definatly dont expect any longer that that in ANY game!!

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Just about every game can be summed up this way.

1) start BF3

2) choose server

3) choose team

4) kill stuff/watch scenery

5) log off

Doesn't sound like much fun now does it?

/facepalm

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• VercinVercin Member UncommonPosts: 353

I log in....send 5 of my companions to go crafft something and then log out.....really wish I had not spent the money on SWTOR.

I had hopes it would be a great new mmo.

I really need to stop buying these new mmos that looks so good and are just mediocre at best....

a fool and his money are soon parted :(

The Stranger: It's what people know about themselves inside that makes 'em afraid.

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

Originally posted by RizelStar

Originally posted by Blackbrrd

Just about every game can be summed up this way.

1) start BF3

2) choose server

3) choose team

4) kill stuff/watch scenery

5) log off

Doesn't sound like much fun now does it?

/facepalm

This is why instanced PvP has no place in MMOs.

There is nothing MMO about instanced PvP.

So please for the love of God, please MMO devs give us a game with 100% open world PvP that is NOT FFA garbage but 3 way factions with proper population balance restrictions.

Yes, restrictions like "No you can't join that faction right now until the other 2 get more people."

And for the love of Pete stop making games where certain classes/races are restricted to certain factions - allow us to choose which of three factions we want to fight for independant of class/race choice!

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Well, I add some diversion to that day... So it goes something like this

1. Log in - wait an entire century

2. Run to the terminal, pickup daily dungeon quests

3. Spend 1 hour finding a group for them

4. Spend 2 hours doing them

5. Logout

6. Take my jaggernaut (lvl 33)

7. Do quests till you're bored again

8. Logout

9. Login to my jedi shadow

10. After an hour of login time go to my ship

11. Find illum

12. Exit and load, and loose an hour on loading

13. Do some pvp with ultralag

14. Get pissed of because of the lag and alt+f4 out of the game (or sometimes I even go back to the fleet with emergancy pass)

Pretty much everything you can do in that game, but I unsubbed since I don't have a guild anymore (no1 is logging in anymore over a week) so I 2 days ago I decided I won't even log in from now on untill my sub is out. xD

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

Originally posted by Professor78

Originally posted by Chrisbox

I've been in 100+ man fights on Ilum and my fps hasnt dropped past 30-40, ( im on an 1700 dollar rig).  In every other area my fps is 100+ so your fps dispute is pointless. Second, you make taking your ship to another planet sound like it takes an hour, when it really takes 2-3 minutes, and just because you want to fly to Ilum everyday doesnt mean everyone else will, the majority of the endgame is in imperial fleet.  Overall this was a poorly constructed post that was ment to convey 1. Your unsatisfaction with the game or 2. You want more people to trash this game on forums.

That long, so 10 journeys and a hour of your life is gone....

I can't stand waiting the 22sec onds it takes my PC to boot up, I definatly dont expect any longer that that in ANY game!!

I have a SSD drive and things load extremely quick for me. Traveling between planets takes a few seconds. Its BS if your PC takes 22 seconds to boot up and you are claiming it takes longer between planets. Please be honest about your posts.

There Is Always Hope!

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by keithian

I have a SSD drive and things load extremely quick for me. Traveling between planets takes a few seconds. Its BS if your PC takes 22 seconds to boot up and you are claiming it takes longer between planets. Please be honest about your posts.

^ same if you got a 4G rig you better have a SSD unless its a few years old.. either way this games loves SSD I never waited more than 10 seconds to load anything Id say most are 5 or less and between hanger and stuff its pretty much a second... 

either way doesn't help this game from being a pile of .....

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520

Originally posted by Sorrow

* screams then procedes to beat her head on desk  *

For the love of God make us a decent immersive, intelligent, guild based mmo again!!!

Enough making casual games for non-gamers you can not win you can not win you can not win....

Casuals is where the money is at. Hardcore MMO gamers are too picky to satisfy. They're also the ones who burn through all the content in 2 weeks then don't like the same repetetive end-game that's in every themepark MMO. Casuals can take months to reach end game.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Please do not create multiple threads on the same topic.You may reply to the other one that is already present on the forums. Thanks!

Locked.

This discussion has been closed.