Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

New player - what shard? (Euro)

FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

Hi all,

I'm a new (euro) player, I think I'm going to play Rift until GW2 gets released.

I was thinking about playing on a PvP server as guardian, I think Bloodiron and Whitefall are the most active servers?

Any class that's recommended? Usually I end up playing a caster and/or healer like a mesmer, priest, monk, warlock.

Does the game have room and options for a casual player that doesn't have a lot of time to raid for hours?

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

I played Rift for 5 months. Good game, PvP sucks however patch 1.7 will likely make it bareable.

As for servers, go Bloodiron because I used to play on Whitefall, back in the day when it had server queues :P. Then there was a mass exodus of Guardian players from the top guilds, turning the once High pop server into a Low pop server. Then Trion shutd- *ahem* turned it into a Trial server and I went to Bloodiron, before I quit.

If you wanna play a Healer then play a Cleric, because they have the most healing options and you'll likely find something to enjoy amongst the many combinations. I enjoyed my Warden/Sentinel build the most when it came to healing.

As for content for Casual, there is a fair amount to do now and you can quite easily join a 10-man raiding PUG some days, which take about 1hr and a half (usually Weds or Thurs). However it's not that much different from the WoW gear grinding experience.

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by Master10K

As for servers, go Bloodiron because I used to play on Whitefall, back in the day when it had server queues :P. Then there was a mass exodus of Guardian players from the top guilds, turning the once High pop server into a Low pop server. Then Trion shutd- *ahem* turned it into a Trial server and I went to Bloodiron, before I quit.

If you wanna play a Healer then play a Cleric, because they have the most healing options and you'll likely find something to enjoy amongst the many combinations. I enjoyed my Warden/Sentinel build the most when it came to healing.

Thank you,. I've made a sentinel now, even found some good builds tow work towards!

.... Rift, it's quite a shamelss WoW clone with better graphics isn't it? :)

Well when leveling, you cannot fail with the Duracell build. Sentinel is a good basic healing tree but it's only good, as part of a hybrid. Either Senticar (Raid healer), PuriSent (Tank Healer) or WardenSent (Good all-rounder).

• FindarielFindariel Member UncommonPosts: 222

Thanks, you´ve been very helpful!

I think that I won´t continue playing Rift. Thus far it´s been far too much a WoW clone with ugly characters. I´m not really looking forward to the same level and gear grind again, I´ve been through that far too often.

I'm surprised you actually expected an exeprience entirely different from WoW's. I myself have never played WoW, but I knew what to expect from the game's leveling experience.

I think you're better off waiting for Guild Wars 2, like I've been doing for the past 2 years. image

• CericXCericX Member Posts: 69

So out of curiosity, what level did you make it to before quitting?

• NopexNopex Member Posts: 86

removed

• PsyMike3dPsyMike3d Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by Findariel

Hi all,

I'm a new (euro) player, I think I'm going to play Rift until GW2 gets released.

I was thinking about playing on a PvP server as guardian, I think Bloodiron and Whitefall are the most active servers?

Any class that's recommended? Usually I end up playing a caster and/or healer like a mesmer, priest, monk, warlock.

Does the game have room and options for a casual player that doesn't have a lot of time to raid for hours?

Thanks! :)

Hello, Whitefall server is trial server so i suggest you Bloodiron server, it has the highest population and sometimes queue to enter ;)

Welcome to Rift, you wont regret it.