Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Returning to EQ2... Chars locked?

LyrinaLyrina Member UncommonPosts: 51

Good morning :)

Well, its Saturday Morning and i was up to join EQ2 again. I was fully prepared. Bought a Authenticator, bought DoV-All-in-One-Expansion, some Stack of Dr. Pepper and my Phone on my Side, to call 0800/Pizza for Emergency ;-)

So, what happen this Morning?

1) I logged into my old Account (registered early 2005!) and added my new Authenticator. Worked smooth and fine!

2) I bought a regular Subscription (afaik its called "Goldmembership" or something, these Days...). Worked!

3) I added my DoV-CDKey. Worked!

Now my Account is ready to Rock... NOPE!

I started the EQ2 Launcher (did Downloading allready yesterday...) and logged myself in. After loading the Characterselectscreen.

1) Choosed my old Character

2) Clicked on 'Play'

Instead of "Logging in" to Norrath, i got warped to the Charactercreactionscreen. My first thought was "WTF? Maybe i clicked the wrong Button...". Well, no! I clicked the right one.

Short after that i found out, there is a "BUY!"-Button in the bottom center of the Screen. So i rechecked my Accountinformations, maybe i did something wrong there.... nope, all looks perfect.

Looks like, my Account is now flagged as "Silver" (or whatever this F2P Bullshit called) and i cant log in to the Game. Its not a big Deal, but i feel abit cheated and frustrated. I checked the EQ2 Forums and it looks like, other Re-Returners have the same Problems like me. Finnaly, i wrote a Ticket to the CSR and i hope, theyll response and act fast.

Anyone else have same Typ of Problems?

Note: Please DONT Troll! I want to collect Informations, not bashing SOE, EQ2 or their CSR's!

Comments

• kevjardskevjards Member UncommonPosts: 1,452

i did hear of a similar problem but i didnt have any probs on my account..i think those guys got sorted though,good luck sorting it though m8

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

you should be gold not silver

recommend using Live Chat but its closed on weekends -- other info if it helps

EQ2 Customer Support

https://help.station.sony...nswers/detail/a_id/28939

Customer Support

Our Support staff is available Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays). There are three ways to contact our Support staff:

1. Live Chat - If you cannot find the answer through the Knowledge Base you can chat directly with a technical support agent using Live Chat. Chat Support is available Monday through Friday from 10:00am - 7:00pm PST (excluding holidays).

2. Open a Support Ticket - Click here to email a Support Representative directly.

3. Phone Support - Account, billing, and technical help for is available at 858 537-0898, Monday through Friday from 6:00am - 7:00pm PT (excluding holidays).

* NOTE: If you are having trouble contacting us through an already existing account, or cannot contact us by phone, please create a temporary Station Account and Click here to submit a ticket through the help site using the new account. Make sure to include the name of the account that you wish to address in your ticket. We will then help you recover your regular account.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Why would you like to come back to an MMO that went F2P ?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by page

Because no other MMO on the market has as much content as EQ2 (maybe the orriginal EQ).  On top of that, F2P does not excist, nowhere. for $15 a month you can be just as competitive as on a P2P server.

F2P is the future, and does not make the game any worse. And with the servers packed, its actually fun leveling again and easy to find groups.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Because no other MMO on the market has as much content as EQ2 (maybe the orriginal EQ).  On top of that, F2P does not excist, nowhere. for $15 a month you can be just as competitive as on a P2P server.

F2P is the future, and does not make the game any worse. And with the servers packed, its actually fun leveling again and easy to find groups.

This +1, I returned as well and my wife to be, She loves the huge amount of events, every month there is something.

• dagon3dagon3 Member Posts: 117

• kitaradkitarad Member LegendaryPosts: 7,919

dagon3 said

"First of all i dont know why everyone always says free to play .

Its free to log in <<<

To play a game that does not involve buying things as in  a race, class or content. would be considered free to play.

There much better.. FREE TO PLAY needs to be renamed FREE TO LOG IN.

But they use that term to attract people.

This is for all Free to log in games. Not just eq2..

If its free to play then why do you need a sub?

its free right? (wrong) Now your PAYING to  PLAY a beastlord, use an auction, bags, etc etc etc . All of these things are part of playing and are not free well they are to the point of you  migth as well not even play.  Free to play is a extended trial ."

Does it say anywhere that everything in the game is free to play. What is offered to you the races and classes limited to free if you play them is free to play. Unfortunately people are greedy they want everything for free. Sorry that is never going to happen they are there to make money so if you play the classes and races that are free to play the game is free to play.  So they are evil because they never offered everything to every person. Don't use the auction or get the bigger bags and you can play for absolutely free. So it is free to play.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

TANSTAAFL

I've always been partial to Heinlein's explanation of the concept in The Moon is A Harsh Mistress:

[paraphrasing] "Of course there's no free lunch! If that 'free lunch' sign wasn't there on the bar, these drinks would cost half as much. Anything you get you pay for somehow, or it wasn't worth anything to start with."

• tixylixtixylix Member UncommonPosts: 1,288

Quality not quantity.

• ArkainArkain Member UncommonPosts: 491

Originally posted by tixylix

Quality not quantity.

It has both.

• ashe59ashe59 Member UncommonPosts: 39

I decided i'd give it a go again , so i booted up my account from a few years back.

Patched up , logged in ......and was inundated with messages asking me if i wanted to buy unlockers for items ?

Sure you can come play for free , just make sure you start a new account since your old one wont be worth anything to you ,as none of your fabled/mythic gear is useable anymore unless you spend money on the sony store to buy item unlockers to use gear you've already got (and had for 3-4 years before they went f2p) .

Must be some kind of joke.

Originally posted by ashe59

Sure you can come play for free , just make sure you start a new account since your old one wont be worth anything to you ,as none of your fabled/mythic gear is useable anymore unless you spend money on the sony store to buy item unlockers to use gear you've already got (and had for 3-4 years before they went f2p) .

older accts have 2 advantages

- they are silver accounts

- all older characters are exempt from having to buy race/class unlocks

your existing legendary+ gear is an issue and an admitted turnoff

for 1.50 you get 5 unlockers --- for 4.50 you can wear all your fabled gear  (15 items)

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541

Originally posted by Nadia

Originally posted by ashe59

older accts have 2 advantages

- they are silver accounts

- all older characters are exempt from having to buy race/class unlocks

your existing legendary+ gear is an issue and an admitted turnoff

for 1.50 you get 5 unlockers --- for 4.50 you can wear all your fabled gear  (15 items)

Question: How does the unlocks work? Is it by item or by slot? Meaning if I unlock the ability to wear a Fabled/Legendary item in my chest slot is it permanent or is it only for one item?

EDIT: Nevermind it seems to be per item and not slot.

the unlockers are nickel and diming players per item not slot

should be noted - dont need to be buying any gear unlockers under 90

treasured gear / mastercrafted is more than adequate

if you want to play the level 90 "gear grind" game, you are better off subbing

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

You still need to sub if you plan on playing EQ2 in any sort of serious way, it is that simple.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by BarelyEin

You still need to sub if you plan on playing EQ2 in any sort of serious way, it is that simple.

Of course. The same goes for any game: if you want to get serious, get a subscription (you'll save yourself endless headaches). I drop into AoC and WoW free on ocassion, because I don't really care about them. And I went Station Access at SOE because it gave full access to multiple games cheaply, even if I wasn't really committed to most of them.