Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Random, recurring emails from Jagex customer support - never played this game

twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal RuneScape account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by JAGEX Entertainment's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership. 

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:.

{mod edit}

Anyone else getting these?  About once a week, I get notifcations from an automated RuneScape emailer service ([email protected]) that accuses me of attempting to sell an account tied to one of my email addresses.  Funny thing is, I have never (nor would I ever) create an account for some free to play browser junk.

The unsubscribe link yields a page that is broken (invalid code submission), and the "If you have not created this account - click here" link just 404's.  Brilliantly sophisticated customer support system they seem to be operating here.

Comments

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Just ignore it, it's phishing spam much the same as the WoW ones. If you clicked the unsubscribe link i'd change my passwords on everything if i were you.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

That's what I thought after the initial one, but all the links redirect to the actual Runescape site.  Unless their security is so magnificently crappy that phishers are actually relaying keyloggers through Jagex's websites.

Or this is some sort of weird reverse advertising thing.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

The real Runescape website does not end in ... web.tt-login.com or whatever that is. It's a phishing scam. And the unsubscribe link probably ended with a code that told the phishers that your email account was active.

If you've never played the game then you have nothing to worry about them closing an account you never created. Don't unsubscribe to something you never subscribed to especially if you've never paid for it.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Dear Player,

This is an automated email from Jagex Ltd., RuneScape, FunOrb, War of Legends and Stellar Dawn.

We regret to inform you that your account has recieved an offence.

Please visit the appeal section under Account Management to view evidence of your offence(s)

and to appeal any offence(s) that you feel are unjustified.

To view the evidence please click here:

{mod edit - removed phishing links}

Please note: Due to a recent bug in our offence system some accounts may have received a

void offence. The majority of void offences have been removed but we cannot ensure that all

have been removed. We encourage you to visit the appeal section to appeal any unjust offences received due to system errors.

Many thanks,

Jagex Ltd. 

They are also sending this & this other one out. Heaps of scamming & philshing to trap the 1/10th left playing and below is what they sent me when I had stopped for almost a year. So much for nearly 10 years playing and helping all players only to be hacked to bits with a lack of support from Jagex;

Dear Player,

we have received multiple report actions towards your RuneScape account that has lead to it being placed in the "Danger Zone". This means your account is on the verge of being banned or muted depending on each report type. If you are unaware of the rules of RuneScape, please read the rules and conditions located on our home page.

Please click the following link and enter your username and password to view your account status or to submit an appeal:

{mod edit}

Please note: Due to a recent bug in our bot detection system, some accounts may have received void infractions. The majority of void infractions have been removed. We urge you to visit the appeal section to appeal any unjustified infractions received due to system errors.

Kind regards,

The RuneScape Team

This is a service email, there is no need to unsubscribe. To ensure you always receive your RuneScape account emails to your inbox, please add [email protected] to your email address book.

© 2011 Jagex Ltd. Jagex® and RuneScape® are registered trademarks of Jagex Ltd in the United Kingdom and trademarks used in other countries of the world.

View our Privacy Policy : {mod edit}

This inbox is not monitored and you will not receive a reply to your email

Jagex Ltd. St. John's Innovation Centre, Cowley Road, Cambridge CB4 0WS United Kingdom. 

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Phishing detected. close tread.

• Jalice888Jalice888 Member CommonPosts: 113

Confirming here that it's very definitely a philshing problem & it tries to stuff up your computer while also sending a heap of money scamming gambling etc emails.

If you go to Microsofts website you can find a free excellent 'Microsoft Security Essentials' that makes sure the problem philshing with "Worm:Win32/Ainslot.A" is always found & deleted. The final fix is to remove all contact & emails from Jagex and today starting my computer it asked if I wanted to report an error of my computer so I said yes & it shows the software for the DVD player has been interferred with. I was able to report it to Windows and requested they get the World Wide Web monitoring group to find the problem to save the web for gaming and everything else.

MOMs & DADs and all DONT PLAY RUNESCAPE ANY MORE as it's been taken over by disgusting people now!

• ThaneThane Member EpicPosts: 3,534
    wowsers dude, NEVER copy the links :)

"I'll never grow up, never grow up, never grow up! Not me!"

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Yes, these are phishing mails. Please do not copy suspicious emails straight from inbox to the forum, as you are posting the masked links as well. Remove links before posting these emails if you doubt their authenticity. 

Closing the thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.