Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much content does this game have?

I'm thinking about trying this game just to fill that void before EQ turns F2P and Guild Wars 2 comes out, but I'm holding out a bit, due to the dauntingly huge download that this game requires, heck, Age of Conan wasn't that big (if you downloaded low res textures and stereo music, wich was roughly 14gb).

The only super hero MMO that I've played before was Champions Online and I wasn't really impressed with that game, mainly because I just couldn't seem to make the game run decently enough without looking like cow's manure, also, for me, the gameplay was pretty meh. I hear that DCUO runs with the Unreal Engine 3, wich is a good thing, because I can run any UE3 game that I've tried, I don't think this game will be any different, although being an MMO, maybe it could chug up in crowded places, but I don't care.

So, my question is, how much content does this game has compared to the anemic content that Champions Online has (or lacks)?, I don't care about the gameplay, wich I hear it plays good with a controller, wich I already have (heck, I play Skyrim with my 360 controller).

Or, to put it bluntly, how long does the game lasts before I need to repeat some of the content over and over again?

Comments

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

So, my question is, how much content does this game has compared to the anemic content that Champions Online has (or lacks)?, I don't care about the gameplay, wich I hear it plays good with a controller, wich I already have (heck, I play Skyrim with my 360 controller).

Or, to put it bluntly, how long does the game lasts before I need to repeat some of the content over and over again?

I only played Champions for a short while. I found the same thing as far as content goes I actually enjoy the content in DC. But, as to your question about how long the game lasts before repeating: It would depend on how much you play. I'll admit that I'm a casual player in this game. I only play it about 2 or 3 times a week. Each session only lasts for about 2 hours max for me. The only way I have repeated any content is by making an alt. Many of quests are open to anyone and you'll see those quests even if you choose a different  Mentor. Even if you choose to play an alt on the opposing side. Many of the quests are similar, just from the opposing side. So, you'd do the same quest, but now you'll be opposing what you were trying to accomplish on the other side. (Instead of helping police on the Hero side, you'll be fighting them on the Villain side.)

Make sense? Hope this helps.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

• samuraislyr4samuraislyr4 Member UncommonPosts: 73

If you're hardcore, you'll get through most of it pretty quick and then be stucking doing alts or doing the same duos, instances and raids over and over. It has a pretty good amount of content but by no means is it fantastic. With each updat though, the content gets expanded.

Endgame has about 6 or so Duos, 4-6 instances and about 5-6 raids. Not sure on exact numbers but that sounds about right.

• PGHammer21PGHammer21 Member CommonPosts: 18

You aren't really limited (except that if you don't buy any DLC packs, you can't go to DLC-specific areas).  I have two hero characters (both mentored by Superman), but only one is based on him (the other is a flamethrowing speedster based on the Flash).  Still, neither Metropolis or Gotham in ANY way qualify as *small* by any stretch - and I've been bouncing both between the two cities like a tennis ball between the Williams Sisters during practice.  Even my L30 flamethrower still has a LOT of Gotham *and* Metropolis to cover - despite his having the most exploration feats, he hasn't even covered all of Metropolis' Chinatown, for example.

• SupahGamuhSupahGamuh Member Posts: 10

Interesting, I'll be cheking it out, although the download size is, in my opinion, way too heavy, I think it'll be worth my while, especially for a free game, thanks for the replies!

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by SupahGamuh

Interesting, I'll be cheking it out, although the download size is, in my opinion, way too heavy, I think it'll be worth my while, especially for a free game, thanks for the replies!

never mind, i was confused...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• PyrateLVPyrateLV Member CommonPosts: 1,096

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its not a free game, you pay 50$ for the boxed version as you would for any AAA+ title.

You can DL it free from SOE site or through Steam

Tried: EQ2 - AC - EU - HZ - TR - MxO - TTO - WURM - SL - VG:SoH - PotBS - PS - AoC - WAR - DDO - SWTOR
    Played: UO - EQ1 - AO - DAoC - NC - CoH/CoV - SWG - WoW - EVE - AA - LotRO - DFO - STO - FE - MO - RIFT
    Playing: Skyrim
    Following: The Repopulation
    I want a Virtual World, not just a Game.
    ITS TOO HARD! - Matt Firor (ZeniMax)

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Its not a free game, you pay 50$ for the boxed version as you would for any AAA+ title.

You can DL it free from SOE site or through Steam

NEver mind... somehow i tought i was posting about GW2... mixed up forums, while the boss left the office...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)