Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I might get this game so tell me if its good.

viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!

Comments

• zballzball Member Posts: 51
    this game is very bad the only people that like this game are mac users go with daoc much better

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236

well. I for one LOVE Shadowbane. BUT its not for everyone

Shadowbane is a pvp game, If you aren't hardcore pvp. don't play this game.

But if You love pvp (like me) youll find having 100's of players join up to destroy another nation to be unmatched fun. Shadowbane (endgame) is about Sieges.  You join a guild,  and fight to protect your hunting grounds, ect.  The way most wars start is one evil guild starts killing everyone because they won't join them. 

Another great thing about Shadowbane is the Fear factor. When you know there is a theif standing behind you, yet you cannot see him. Youll be freaked out! The theif can Steal your items/gold, Stab you in the back, or simply run away (unless your scout can uncover him).

Lastly like I said Shadowbane is for the Hardcore pvp fan. If your not one go back to eq/daoc. But if your a pvp nut, buy this game!

-Selek

-Selek

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

selek......i don't know what planet your from

I RATED IT A 1 BECAUSE THERE IS NO -10!

but if all you've got is a mac, then get it, because it is for mac users....those idiots, lol

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• Sir-SvenSir-Sven Member Posts: 773
    What the heck? 1 being the worst or the best!? huh!? oh well, I thought it was a bad game because you can't pvp on it unless you sit and leech on people for hours upon hours. unfortunatly, i never get to participate in a siege. but i heard they were lag monsters and sb.exe errorers anyways.image

• SelekSelek Member Posts: 236
    MurtBijani   i've seen post after post from you.. about how much you hate this game. I can't figure out why you keep coming back here to read about it!!! and besides that. giving it a 1 is just stupid. no game deserves a 1. not even tibia (well, it gets a 2) =) 

You don't like to spend hours leveling up? hmm ok take any other mmorpg. most games all you can do is level level level. look at EQ, or daoc. 

Shadowbane isn't a bad game. but its not for everyone.

-Selek

-Selek

• MeficeMefice Member Posts: 10

this game is fun for the first 2 months

but after awhile it's boring

there is nothing else to do only pvp and sometime you just stand around for hours waiting for something to happend

• jwachutjwachut Member Posts: 3
    This game is great if you like pvp and can play against a real challenge.  But its not for little kids who only like to lvl all day and fight mobs, boooooring.  People who dont like shadowbane are the ones who cant take getting beat by better players :)
  • UifzUifz Member Posts: 252

But, is the game just all about PVP or is it also about Adventuring?

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Selek

MurtBijani   i've seen post after post from you.. about how much you hate this game. I can't figure out why you keep coming back here to read about it!!! and besides that. giving it a 1 is just stupid. no game deserves a 1. not even tibia (well, it gets a 2) =) 

You don't like to spend hours leveling up? hmm ok take any other mmorpg. most games all you can do is level level level. look at EQ, or daoc. 

Shadowbane isn't a bad game. but its not for everyone.

-Selek

its not the leveling part, it was the whole interface, IT'S POINT AND CLICK FOR PETE'S SAKE

and i keep coming back to save some people the trouble of buying itimage

Email me at [email protected]
    ~~The Journey of a Thousand Miles, Begins With One Step~~

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    I played the game hardcore for a few months... it was a nice change of pace from the leveling treadmill experience, and if you can actually get to the point where you make your own city <without it getting mowed down by other people> then you can experience more. I had an ok experience with it, minus the exception of all the damned downtime, patches and problems in the beginning of the game <which I've played a lot of mmorpg's from public release, this was was second to Anarchy Online's release in my opinion as far as probs> It's a little more political too.... In DAoC, I remember running out in the frontier with a few people to raise some hell. In Shadowbane there are some "carebear" servers where if you go a killing you get blacklisted pretty much, then some servers if you're not part of the "powerguild" you're destroyed... If anything go read the forums there... you'll get a better idea and feel of the game as it is now.

"There is only one thing of which I am certain, and that's nothing is certain."

• MeaningMeaning Member Posts: 2
    Please...oh Please do not buy this game...I was at my friends house watching him play. I almost luaghed my ass off as how bad the game sucks...image He as a geforce 4 and the works so it wasnt his comp. Seriously go away and never look back at this game.

• DerwoodDerwood Member Posts: 25

I have noticed a trend o SB reviews.  Experienced players tend to like it, while inexperienced players do not.  You have to READ the tutorial in order to have fun at the game.  Ths is a good thing in my opinion.  There are fewer imature brats playing the game. 
    Despite what some reviewers have said, Shadowbanes interface is very good.  It is very similiar to Diablo2. 

• MistiMisti Member Posts: 724

I personally would like to nominate this game for the "WORST MMORPG EVER!"  award.  Unlike other mmorpgs I have tried I honestly couldnt find one thing about this one that was fun and it is riddled with bugs, horrid lag, poor interface (point and click movment...ugh), zero roleplay content, and poor graphics considering when it came out.

I am searching hard for something nice to say cause usually even bad games have a few nice features but I am pretty much at a lose fot this one.  I guess the one thing that was pretty neat was the choices of race but they ruined that by having a ton of lore before the game was released that ended up not applying to the races at all once in game.  They turned out bland and pointless other then minor stat differences.

Playing this game is like having a toothache.

• squeeesqueee Member Posts: 722
    What it it about this game that is so bad.  I thought the dev team was the first dev team to listen to its audience.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    My software never has bugs. It just develops random features.
    Why doesn't DOS ever say "EXCELLENT command or filename!"

Customer: "How fast will my COM ports go?"
    Tech Support: "How hard can you throw your computer?"

• LansidLansid Member UncommonPosts: 1,097
    Mwahahahahahahaha.... listen to the people?!?! Trying to get a damned response out of them for why the servers were down for 2 days with no reply on forums is a good example of how much they listen to the people, read past AND present forums lol.

Misty wants to vote Shadowbane as the worst? What is the best?

What about Rubies of Eventide? or Darkfire, or Blademistress, or Astonia3???  Those games are bad by my standards.

Honestly I do not uderstand the hostility.  Did you go out and plunk down $120 bucks for a years worth of gameplay?  Have you played other MMORPGS? 

I have been slowly working my way through the list of fanatasy games on the MMORPG site.  I would rank Shadowbane as number three on my list.  EQ#1, DAoC#2, Shadowbane#3 

• DjinDjin Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,263
    I can remember when people thought Anarchy Online was garbage,  look it it now!  Also DAoC and their unfinished classes...  There's so many games that are crap...  Shadowbane is just different.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

You have a good point Derwood.  I shouldnt have said worst mmorpg ever because I definately havent played even half of them out there to compare.  I have played most of the major ones though and would say Shadowbane was by far the worst of those I have tried.

Whats the best mmorpg?  Well thats tough to say because there are a number of good ones out there and then it just comes down to individual taste imo.  The reason its easy for me to pick a worst (shadowbane), is that it is so riddled with bugs, poor graphics, horrible interface, painfully bad gameplay that it sticks out from the crowd.

My personal top picks are the same as yours Derwood, other then Shadowbane that is.  image

#1       EQ

#2       DAoC

#5000  Shadowbane (I know there arent that many mmorpgs but leaving some room to make sure it stays at the bottom image)

You also have to remember that all of these are from personal thoughts. . .

We all have different taste,  your #1 is no where close on my top 2000 list. :)

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?

Completly agree Djin!  Not only does everyone have their own opinion but we are all looking for something different in these games.  If someone really enjoys Shadowbane I think thats great and I am happy they have the option open to them to play it.  image

Its obvious from most reviews that its not a well liked game overall, but if there is a free demo the worst you can do by checking it out is waste some time.

Here is the sad thing.  I thought I would download the 580MB DEMO lastnight and check out how it's been since BETA and the first two patches...

No biggy,  only a hour to download 580MB (image)... so I double-click the little .ZIP file... and it doesn't work...  The same errors I've gotten before,  and the same errors everyone is getting.  That was minus points for UBI not fixing their DEMO after... what?  Two months...

*sigh*

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    E.T. is alive...
    MMORPG.com - Gramp Staff

What will he do next?
  • herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

Agreed,djin,it down to personal taste.

I personally dislike shadowbane ,anarchy online(yes even in its current form),neocron,sims online,eve online,earth and beyond.

Only sci fi game i have a bit of liking for is SWG and honestly i will dump it once horizons comes out.

There is too much debate over this shadowbane issue though so i suggest trying the free trial and see for yourself.

I agree somewhat with Hercules,

When Horizons, or Dark n Light, or WoW, or EQ2 comes out I will be willing to pay 12-15 bucks a month.

I rank Shadowbane very highly because it has true 3D graphics, a diverse combat system, and you can level fast.  The game list on this site is miles long but most are half harted attempts of making a MMORPG and they are runnning a server in a garage.

Shadowbane is on my short list of Fantasy MMORPGs.  Ranked in order they are: EQ, DAoC, Shadowbane and Rubies of Eventide.  I have not tried AC or AC2 so they are not on the list.  If you think those games are bad try some of these for compairison: Blademistress, Legend of Mir, or Darkfire.

Bumping the thread to push the posts by the 12 year olds down a notch. image

• viet_boy33viet_boy33 Member Posts: 395
    Well i like all the post but the point of the try the trial version is can't the %)$#ing thing to work. When done installing i log in and at the character selection screen in 2 sec the game freezes. I dont know whats wrong i have all the requirements and more and my video card is listed. It's a Radeon 9600 Pro and it has the latest update. Don't know what to do and i hope the real version will work.

My strongest move is called the Hiten Misturugi Ryu technique. No move is faster or stronger than it. (Hitokiri Battousai)

http://www.narutofan.com go there for Naruto episodes!!