Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gave it a second try

Knightsaber2Knightsaber2 Member Posts: 31

This time around (see my thread below about my first Wurm experience), I had the invaluable help and advice of Brash.  (Who is a lovely and beautiful and wonderful person to know, by the way.)

On her advice I flew through the tutorial and chose Independence as a server as I still don't like the PvP in games, really.  (Depends on the game, but something like this, no.)  Independence has a huge-gi-normous landmass and Brash already knew of a few good places to live.

As soon as I arrived she picked me up in a boat and took me to a couple of places to look around.  I chose to settle very close to her, as being friends with your neighbor can be nothing but good.  She's helped me with tools, materials, and even built the frame for a house that was larger than I would have been able to build to start out. 

As such, I have enjoyed the creating, beasties, skills, and complexity enough to drop money on a premium account and silver to buy a settlement deed and am now a permanent resident of Independence (Crow's Nest Forest is my settlement yay!). 

I have just finished putting the walls on the house (it has a roof! and locked doors...and a fence! with a gate!), I built myself a cart, I made some tools, I'm currently building a forge, and am on the hunt for a close iron vein that I can share with Brash. 

Therefore, my 2nd day...with a very helpful player next to me..was highly enjoyable...in fact, it was a blast.  I can reccommend the game if you have someone to help with the beginning steps and endless questions you'll have.

Great stuff.

Playing:SW:TOR
Played: A lot.
Beta tested: Freaking everything.
Looking forward to: Nothing.

Comments

• BLueBEarBLueBEar Member Posts: 242

Glad to know you are doing well. As I said the wurm community is very helpful and friendly just have to know the right people and don't be a stranger.

Oh my got!!!
    i neber see a graphic of this before,
    i neber p2p any game before, but this game i must!

• ProfGetzProfGetz Member UncommonPosts: 182

Glad things are looking up for you in WURM. I just started a few days ago, got through tutorial, and thats about it. RL and SWTOR have been keeping me too busy to get back. I do intend to spend more time in WURM though.

Best of luck to you.

Every MMORPG is AWESOME, until it's released!
    I don't want a game so much as I want a WORLD!
    --
    o·pin·ion –noun
    1. a belief or judgment that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
    2. a personal view, attitude, or appraisal.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I really like this game and I do recommend it.  I would play again if I wasn't playing MO currently and blowing up tanks on the side.  I will play this game for sure again :)  I remember doing little things like mining and digging a tunnel to building some tools so I can carry water or anything really, and that little stuff was all rewarding.

• JimmacJimmac Member UncommonPosts: 1,660

Two good threads. Glad to hear it worked out well on the 2nd try. I will be giving the game a serious chance this weekend.