Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When world of pandacraft comes out....

Comments

• StanlyStankoStanlyStanko Member UncommonPosts: 270

lolpandas

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

So TERA can have nice chubby Popori race that can carry massive weapons but WoW cant have pandas that know martial arts? .... this is madness

Haters gonna hate. They stop playing and the community gets better, thats for sure.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Well, blizzard only ever planned to take wow up to level 100.

The problem for them is a huge chunk of the game has quit before they got there and they are still bleeding subscribers a year later.  Even more quit when they saw the kung-fu panda addon which is clearly aimed at the Asian market who make up something like 80% of the subscription numbers.

• Rusty715Rusty715 Member Posts: 482

Originally posted by NasherUK

Well, blizzard only ever planned to take wow up to level 100.

The problem for them is a huge chunk of the game has quit before they got there and they are still bleeding subscribers a year later.  Even more quit when they saw the kung-fu panda addon which is clearly aimed at the Asian market who make up something like 80% of the subscription numbers.

Well if thats true then all they will lose is 20% of the player base at most. As long as the Asians are happy WOW will survive up to level 100 with lots of players. After all 80% of whatever numbers WOW has today will still be huge. Nope dont see any doom and gloom for WOW even in your worst case scenario. But then I dont really believe all EU and NM players are going to leave, do you? Really?

Really? This game sucks and Im not having fun? Im going to unsub right now. Thanks for the tip.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Rusty715
    But then I dont really believe all EU and NM players are going to leave, do you? Really?
    Given that many of them have been begging for Pandaren to be added to the game for many years now, it is indeed certain that they're not all going to leave over it.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by Banquetto

Originally posted by Rusty715

But then I dont really believe all EU and NM players are going to leave, do you? Really?

Given that many of them have been begging for Pandaren to be added to the game for many years now, it is indeed certain that they're not all going to leave over it.

That is not true at all. 

Murlocs, Ogres, Vrykul, Taunka, Arakkoa, Centaur, Furbolg, Ethereal, and Naga.

How can people be so naive to be believe Pandas was the most requested race to be playable when they were not even part of WoW?  

• Lille7Lille7 Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by Hoplites

That is not true at all. 

How can people be so naive to be believe Pandas was the most requested race to be playable when they were not even part of WoW?  

Pandaren have been there since Warcraft 3. Way before Arakkoas, Vrykul and Taunkas. From what I heard we got space aliens instead of Pandas for Burning Crusade :/

@ OP

People have been calling for classic servers since burning crusade :)

• Wookiee6648Wookiee6648 Member Posts: 131

I left cause of the way WoW is heading.   Things like the Panda are why I am leave, but not just them.   The Space goats and the to much stupid ease of playing and leveling and all that poo poo.

The game has gotten to big and so much has been left behind and turned into just empty space and hello kitty type crap.

WoW does not know where they are going or have a plan for the future that is for sure. (you are thinking how do I know, but look at what they have been doing)  They just toss out new things and see the reaction and go from there.   

Since TBC it's been nothing but a down fall, tho I liked parts of WotLK since then they turned their world into a boring, lazy, repetitive game that is so dull now. The only thing keeping people playing is their addiction to the game so they just keep rolling new toons over and over and over again, hoping what once was will come back and the sad thing is that it wont cause Blizz got real lucky at the start and what was there at the start is gone and what is left is bunch poser thinking child like gaming (wizard 101 type games) is the way to go.  So they toss together xpack after xpack with lame features in the hope they hit it big.

Anyway my rant is over.  

May Blizzard get dumped into the sea and buried over with trash so that gaming companies can get past trying to be like wow and really work on making good games for once.  also let blizz take EA with them, I know they are different but lets face it EA is bad for games as well.

• 69Cuda69Cuda Member Posts: 251

Why anyone is still playing wow at all is beyond me utterly anyway even without the lame panda horseshit.

Easy mode raid. Check

Easy mode dungeon finder. Check

Retard pos GC still employed there. Check

Classes homogenized beyond recognition. Check

No horde or alliance pride of faction left AT ALL. Check

Devs and company treating allaince players like trash at conventions. Check (not to mention the band episode)

Nothing to do AT ALL othr than (easy mode) raid at cap. Check

Archeology (for those that want to run off about nothing to do) a complete pita and pos system. Check

Failure to merge any servers (cant have that oh no $$$$$$$$$ pay me). Check

PvP an utter joke for 7 years so far. Check

Worlds worse community. Check (right up there next to COD's)

Pokemon battles being added and being called CONTENT. check

More rehashed instance's incoming. Check

I could go on and on but ill finish with...

Talent trees being raped AGAIN into a talent twig system for stupidaria. Check

If you are a lonely housewife that likes facebook type games and have 0 standards then yes >WoW Pandaria is for you.

I'll Pass.

Personally I cant wait for the uproar over no auto attack. Wondering how many players in WoWs current form will be able to figure that out.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Originally posted by 69Cuda

Why anyone is still playing wow at all is beyond me utterly anyway even without the lame panda horseshit.

Easy mode raid. Check

Easy mode dungeon finder. Check

Retard pos GC still employed there. Check

Classes homogenized beyond recognition. Check

Devs and company treating allaince players like trash at conventions. Check (not to mention the band episode)

Nothing to do AT ALL othr than (easy mode) raid at cap. Check

Archeology (for those that want to run off about nothing to do) a complete pita and pos system. Check

Failure to merge any servers (cant have that oh no $$$$$$$$$ pay me). Check

PvP an utter joke for 7 years so far. Check

Worlds worse community. Check (right up there next to COD's)

Pokemon battles being added and being called CONTENT. check

More rehashed instance's incoming. Check

I could go on and on but ill finish with...

Talent trees being raped AGAIN into a talent twig system for stupidaria. Check

If you are a lonely housewife that likes facebook type games and have 0 standards then yes >WoW Pandaria is for you.

I'll Pass.

Personally I cant wait for the uproar over no auto attack. Wondering how many players in WoWs current form will be able to figure that out.

Nope, you are wrong.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by 69Cuda

You probably shouldn't have put those two next to each other, since they are contradictory.
  • SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , when I look at the whole picture and outside of the picture frame , are pandas that bad?  Seriously I'd rather play with a panda then a elf.   All this trolling about pandas and for what? At the end of the day , WoW still dominates the MMO market. and by FAR.  

Almost every MMO out there in existence people go with the best possible class , it's so pathetic that forums are filled with idiotic players asking which is the best path to go?  In a sense why even bother releasing a MMO with 30 possible classes and over 400 skill sets when people will just go for the 10 most effective skills? And it's funny how broken down PvP is in all new releases because of all the choices , we didn't had that problem pre WoW.   These Devs go way out of their league by creating a MMO with stunning graphics and a crap load of classes and skills that they forget the fundamental basics of a MMO , which is ; Keeping it simple , yet challenging , like in the 90's / pre WoW.

You people bitch and moan on little things like freaking pandas but don't actually talk on the most depressing stuff that kills most released MMO's in the past 4-5 years.

Originally posted by Lille7

That is not true at all. 

Pandaren have been there since Warcraft 3. Way before Arakkoas, Vrykul and Taunkas. From what I heard we got space aliens instead of Pandas for Burning Crusade :/

@ OP

I was playing W3 when I was a freshmen in college, and I can safely say Pandaren were not an integral part of W3 as a race.

That is not true at all. 

@ OP

I was playing W3 when I was a freshmen in college, and I can safely say Pandaren were not an integral part of W3 as a race.

No one said they were an integral part of WC3 but they were there. They were one of the minor secondary not so significant races just as Murlocs, Ogres, Vrykul, Taunka, Arakkoa, Centaur, Furbolg, Ethereal, and Naga.

I hear people whine about how childish WoW's community it is and how pandas are for kids etc. Yet it is those people that come across as childish.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• ipekaipeka Member Posts: 222

Originally posted by wildtalent

I for one don't have any problem with the idea of a panda race, but I think it's funny that it is clearly taken from Kung Fu Panda by the eastern feel of the thing and the fact they are adding a monk class. 

lets get this argument over ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNSdwTazEo&feature=related

this is a link of warcraft 3 campaign gameplay and around the 4th minute you can see an NPC quest giver , YES , IT IS A PANDA .

If u decided to go further , you can play a panda as playable heros in human campaign .  Therefore your opinion is invalid .

Originally posted by fivoroth

That is not true at all. 

@ OP

No one said they were an integral part of WC3 but they were there. They were one of the minor secondary not so significant races just as Murlocs, Ogres, Vrykul, Taunka, Arakkoa, Centaur, Furbolg, Ethereal, and Naga.

I hear people whine about how childish WoW's community it is and how pandas are for kids etc. Yet it is those people that come across as childish.

That argument that doesn't pass the mustard test.  Yes Michae Clayton will receive a Super Bowl ring but he did nothing to help with the Giants win the Super Bowl.

Originally posted by ipeka

Originally posted by wildtalent

I for one don't have any problem with the idea of a panda race, but I think it's funny that it is clearly taken from Kung Fu Panda by the eastern feel of the thing and the fact they are adding a monk class. 

lets get this argument over ,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbNSdwTazEo&feature=related

this is a link of warcraft 3 campaign gameplay and around the 4th minute you can see an NPC quest giver , YES , IT IS A PANDA .

If u decided to go further , you can play a panda as playable heros in human campaign .  Therefore your opinion is invalid .

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kung_Fu_Panda

"Although the concept of a "kung fu panda" has been around since at least 1993, work on the film did not begin until 2004"

Let me add that the idea of a Kung Fun Panda has existed before 1993. 

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by fivoroth

The question is if any of those races would make a good player race or not, not if they are in the lore.

The panda thing is kinda if they made a murloc expansion and added them as a playable race, maybe not everyones favorites.

While several of the other races are a bit weird as well pandas do look a bit too cudly for most peoples taste.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Originally posted by Teala

Rolled on the floor, quite literally! :DD

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Originally posted by headphones

i personally think pandas are idiotic as a player race and think blizz only put them in to please the chinese gold miners, but also i remember the fun over belfs. the pure hate over them was amazing.

here's a quick challenge: has blizz released a race in an expansion that anyone liked?

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks aren't getting the Panda concept.  WoW sales are im the decline (just a dated game now), to pick up those losses, adding Pandas will cater to the Asian community.  F2P 4 class anime' girls in asian grinders are the meat and potatoes (or won tons and tofu) of Asian culture.  Add in some Panda action and Asians can be easily catered to.

Secondly, it is sad that with the money that Blizz had made off of WoW, that the last few races and what we have coming is the best they can do.  But when you get too fat for the couch, chances are you are too lazy to get up and do something constructive.

Blizzard is a bloated cow - or perhaps in this case, a bear.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Originally posted by Comaf

I can't for the life of me figure out why folks aren't getting the Panda concept.  WoW sales are im the decline (just a dated game now), to pick up those losses, adding Pandas will cater to the Asian community.  F2P 4 class anime' girls in asian grinders are the meat and potatoes (or won tons and tofu) of Asian culture.  Add in some Panda action and Asians can be easily catered to.

Secondly, it is sad that with the money that Blizz had made off of WoW, that the last few races and what we have coming is the best they can do.  But when you get too fat for the couch, chances are you are too lazy to get up and do something constructive.

But do asian players really want to play pandas? I thought at least all Koreans played female blood elves in lingerie armor, are Chinese players that different?

Edit: I might need to add that I am just slightly sarcastic here...

Originally posted by Loke666

Originally posted by Comaf

But do asian players really want to play pandas? I thought at least all Koreans played female blood elves in lingerie armor, are Chinese players that different?

Edit: I might need to add that I am just slightly sarcastic here...

To be honest, I find Asian art in MMOs to be much more "realistic" (if you can even use that word for a fantasy game). Most of their characters are humanoid and have some really wierd looking "babes" and they are "lovin it". I am not sure how a panda really caters to the Asian market. They like to play hot badass chicks who carry huge weapons three times the size of their body. That's why bloodelves were very popular with the Koreans. Bloodelves = barbie girl.

I have seen more wierd races in Western MMOs. Look at EQ2! That game is full of ridiculous races. They even have frogs and fae. Pandas don't even come close to how disturbing some of EQ2's races are.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

My brother has been playing the game for several years.  As he said, up to this point, every expansion had something he was really looking forward to playing.  The upcoming expansion - with Pandas, monks, and Pokemon battles - has nothing that he's interested in, so he believes he's likely coming to the end of playing when it comes out.

That's not to mention that he's become increasingly disastified with the incremental changes that have occurred in the game over the years.  It's not the game it once was.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• SonofSethSonofSeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,884

Hmm, Pandas aren't even the most interesting announcement about the new expansion, it's just a choice. Some people will like them, some people will hate them and some people will live to kill them if found on a PVP server, as for all this emo bullshit, meh.

• centkincentkin Member RarePosts: 1,527

Actually the panda expansion is something that has me considering giving WoW that one last chance.  I played it during vanilla for all of a month.  I played it for maybe 2 months in the expansion prior to lich king just before warhammer came out.  I plan to give it a try for the panda expansion if I am not playing something else that I am happy with at the time.

The big thing will be if the monk class is any good.

In essence I see the panda thing as having a new area to play in as opposed to what I remember and the monk class as maybe being a decent class.  I really did not like any of the classes in WoW from the beginning to the end.  I mean I played hunter in vanilla and rogue the second time.  I usually play priests and tanks but I like my priests to at least have moderate armor/survivablity not be an arcane caster that can heal.  I didnt like the mechanisms of the straight up warrior in WoW.

My eventual main in EQ1 was an iksar shaman.  My eventual main in EQ2 a shadowknight.   Warhammer a swordmaster.  Just to give a few examples essentially.  Really the only game where I found a true finger waggler to be my choice was Aion.

---

I just hope they finally come to their senses and let you just buy the last expansion and be done with it -- if I have to buy lich and cataclysm and panda just to play panda then it makes this far less likely.