Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eligium: Open Beta Coming Next Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Frogster has announced that its latest game, Eligium, will kick off the open beta beginning February 15th. Once the open beta begins, characters created will not be wiped when the game goes into retail release. Players will also be able to start the game as a member of the Panda race.

Get signed up on the Eligium site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999

OMG, they stole WoW's pandas! lol.  You sure this is OB on the 15th? all I see is "play for free" on sign up and download is available O_o  Either way, thanks for the heads up, looks intrigueing, I'm gonna play a panda! lol

imageimage

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Hello? Yes? am i speaking to 99% of the worlds mmos?

I'd like to order some innovation please.

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

lol. It's so obvious the writer of this wanted to smack the beehive (PANDA PIC).

I'll read about it, though.

• Snakester95Snakester95 Member UncommonPosts: 47

@Urvan Open beta basically is releasing a game when it comes to MMOs.

Where there's a game, there's a player, I'm that player.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Originally posted by precious328

lol. It's so obvious the writer of this wanted to smack the beehive (PANDA PIC).

Made me chuckle :)

Pandas have become the new way to annoy the uptight.

• solarinesolarine Member Posts: 1,203

Seeing people's reaction to the panda stuff going around, do you think we'll have an MMO version of "jumping the shark" with "launching the panda".  As in:

"Oh, yeah, that game was great in its first couple of years, but then they launched the panda."

Nowadays gamers immediately think of Kung Fu Panda when they see one... Me, I can't help but think of Xiaoyu and her panda friend from Tekken. I won a lot of fights with that panda. :P

• face30face30 Member UncommonPosts: 193

I just watched a video on youtube of this since I hadn't heard of it. It has a few nice timesinks I guess. Skills need to be used to raise their effectiveness, raising mounts to full grown, guild housing......Nothing innovative ,but does include some nice features. Might be something to check out. Going to give it a look one day after work.

Originally posted by Snakester95

Well to me when a game is already available to download on a website and the link for registering simply says Free to Play instead of Sign up for Beta, or Open Beta, that says to me its available to play.

LMAO its a chocobo with arms as a mount!

Eh, just found out pandas can't be played til you get a character to level 60.  Oh and btw, you should check out Druid, they can transform into a werewolf/worgen like creature, hmm, I can see where this is going.. lol.

imageimage

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Urvan

Well to me when a game is already available to download on a website and the link for registering simply says Free to Play instead of Sign up for Beta, or Open Beta, that says to me its available to play.

Did you sign up? Thats all it is. I just now inputed my email and password and hit "Play Free Now". It then tells you that beta access will be sent out in a couple weeks and to verify your email so that they can send a invite. So, the answer is its not available now.

• EVILBOB21EVILBOB21 Member UncommonPosts: 8

Even though it says the 15th i'll be surprised being Frogster if it actually works on that date :P

Originally posted by Falcomith

Originally posted by Urvan

Did you sign up? Thats all it is. I just now inputed my email and password and hit "Play Free Now". It then tells you that beta access will be sent out in a couple weeks and to verify your email so that they can send a invite. So, the answer is its not available now.

Yeah, I found that a few moments ago myself.  Meh, oh well, can't wait til 15th, heheh.

imageimage

• VolarinVolarin Member Posts: 38

Originally posted by SBFord

Frogster has announced that its latest game, Eligium, will kick off the open beta beginning February 15th. Once the open beta begins, characters created will not be wiped when the game goes into retail release. Players will also be able to start the game as a member of the Panda race.

Get signed up on the Eligium site.

Oh look another clone of a clone! Oh look how original this game is. You will find it soooooo fresh and original when you play - it is not like all the other "MMOs" that have been released since Everquest.

Man why even bother reporting this ?

• PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239

Oh wait, Frogster working on this game because it free..Know wonder Tera was a complete mess for a sneak peek..They make more money off the free to play games...haha

I retired retroactively..Haha

• JorlJorl Member UncommonPosts: 257

Doesn't matter, long as people enjoy the game that is the main thing right? I've signed up for the Beta.