Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I played SWTOR...

Comments

• FadedbombFadedbomb Member Posts: 2,081

Like a fair few whom have been through this whole rodeo in the past I held to my gutt as well and weathered the storm. Didn't even give in once to buy the game retail after seeing Beta + Open Beta :3.

Waiting on MANY other hopefully good MMOs coming out this year.

The Theory of Conservative Conservation of Ignorant Stupidity:
    Having a different opinion must mean you're a troll.

• KalmarthKalmarth Member Posts: 443

Enjoying playing the game with friends, not rushing to be 50 just having fun.

Love the Hate post its just another hate post in a sea of hate, keep them up sure it make you feel better inside.

Oh cant wait to see you next hate post for the next game that doesn't do exaclty what you want when you want it in the way you want it to :)

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010

Originally posted by Saxx0n

My gut never fails me and it held true once again. I did not give in to the possibility.

My gut fails me all the time, but a couple of Immodium usually takes care of the problem.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Originally posted by Terronte

I went to the movies the other day and someone half an aisle over smelled like urine. A few seats back someone had a huge bucket of popcorn, but didnt know it was possible to chew with their mouth closed.

My friend left the movie theater talking about these annoying things, while I was happy to have seen a good movie.

Focus on the bad and you'll miss the good.

uhh,but in this case its THE MOVIE thats bad..

and a lot of people are complaining and want their money back.

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406

Originally posted by precious328

I've been ranting on about this game ever since my extensive beta experience. In general, what one experiences in beta is what they experience on the live servers. However, I broke down and decided to give it another try (because of guildmate pressure).
    So I installed the game and started playing. Again, the story was pretty entertaining at first. However, after a few days, I couldn't deal with all the useless "run here, run there, come back, run here, deliver this, come back" bullcrap. Most of my playtime seemed to be just running along these boring paths.
    My guildies agreed that the questing becomes boring as heck. So they had pretty much leveled up via PvP. Okay. "I'll try that."
    So we queue our group for PvP. It's a beatdown. We pillaged just about every Void Star, Huttball, and Alderaan match. However, after about the 20th time, I couldn't take it anymore. Dailes / PvP / Rinse & Repeat - ugh.
    I left the group and headed over to the nearest Auction House. It was flooded with players - all wearing the same Battlemaster-whatever gear. They all looked the same. They all had the same few speeders. They all had the same little pets. They all had the same titles.
    My goodness. This game is honestly the worst MMO I've ever played. It's not a clone of WoW, though. Even a linear game like WoW has MUCH MORE depth than SWTOR. This game is terrible and should not be considered a MMORPG.
    Even my guildies agreed that they would be long gone had it not been mildly entertaining playing with friends.

I like it.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] CommonPosts: 0
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

servers are still very heavy/heavy/ full  with *some* light - :shrug: move on

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Siiion

sounds like every other big AAA mmo a month after release.. worked out so well for all of them hasn't it? people jump to conclusion way to fast good or bad.. just going from recent MMO history every large AAA game that wasn't a launch disaster did well for it's first few months. A game with this much hype and big IP you better believe that alone will sell it for a few months.. after that I think some tough times are ahead....

• Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Like a fair few whom have been through this whole rodeo in the past I held to my gutt as well and weathered the storm. Didn't even give in once to buy the game retail after seeing Beta + Open Beta :3.

Waiting on MANY other hopefully good MMOs coming out this year.

Yeah, I'm another one. I feel like I dodged a bullet.

I'm getting ultra careful with MMOs. There might be some decent games coming up - TSW, GW2. But I will see what some of the long time posters here say about them, and wait a month, before I jump in.

I hope this is happening at a wider scale and maybe developers/investors will think outside the box a bit.

• SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

Originally posted by sanosukex

sounds like every other big AAA mmo a month after release.. worked out so well for all of them hasn't it? people jump to conclusion way to fast good or bad.. just going from recent MMO history every large AAA game that wasn't a launch disaster did well for it's first few months. A game with this much hype and big IP you better believe that alone will sell it for a few months.. after that I think some tough times are ahead....

That's tough to say. If bioware delivers things that they are planning on implimenting it can be successful in the long run, time will tell

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Then they need to state their peace, and move on I would say:

Dude....you may think it is OK to complain, but those of us being forced to endure would like to gouge a few eyes out with a spork. Talk about chinese water torture.

They say turn about is fair play, so I hope you can be on the receiving end of it sometime. It is pretty annoying, much in the same way of hearing "they took the PRECioUS" was for 5+ yrs before it finally subsided, to a minimal level, on these forums.

[mod edit]

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

The problem with releasing a game that is so closely modeled after another game is that direct comparisons will obviously be drawn.  As a result, game developers better darn well be sure they surpass the title they're being compared to.  The problem with most MMORPGs is that their developers don't seem to understand this concept.  They feel as if it's perfectly alright to release the same type of game with far less content and far less features, and as a result, they end up playing some reactionary game of catch up for the entirity of the game's lifespan.  When you look at it, MMO companies such as Turbine, Trion, Mythic, and now BioWare haven't really added a whole heck of a lot to WoW's formula and many of their games' changes come from changes seen in WoW such as the addition of a dungeon finder, streamlined questing, and badge gear.

When World of Warcraft was released, it had far less content than EverQuest and really had little to no endgame; however, people still played it in droves because there was nothing else to comprae it to.  Though WoW drew a great deal of inspiration from EverQuest, relatively little was directly coppied and old ideas (quests, raiding, loot progression) were made fresh.

• Welll, sort of. Part of the problem is devs do keep selling the impression of innovation. With Rift it was rifts (dynamics events) that would revolutionise our MMO experience. With TOR it was the promise that story (1000s of hours of VO) would.

Now GW2 is promising that an interacting world of dynamic events will do the trick.

I dunno. Perhaps it is time to as you say "move the fuck on" but I'm curious about the new releases and can't help but comment on them. Rift, I thought, was a move in the right direction so I can see myself trying GW2 unless warned off.

And nobody is forcing you to endure whining. Block excessively negative posters. Skip posts that you can tell from the first sentences are going to whine. I just don't read the PRECioUS posts whenever I detect that is where they are coming from.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

who's forcing you? my guess is you..

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Using a game's server status as a measuring stick is a bit of a double-edged sword.  Sure labels like heavy and full look great, but it is the developers which set the population caps to display those tags.  They could easily set a cap of 150 concurrent players to display the 'very heavy' population tag knowing that very few people would be any the wiser.  Very few, if any, developers release hard figures as to the actual numbers behind the server status tag limits.  They may all boast about how many people a server can support at any one time, but very few show actual numbers any more.  Just vague words that imply levels of activity.

• GreenHellGreenHell Member UncommonPosts: 1,323

If all the people that complain did move on what would you have here? This place would be dead. There is no mmorpg forum utopia out there. If there was you would be there. Is it annoying? Sure can be... but what do you expect when you come here?

• Cpt_PicardCpt_Picard Member Posts: 300

I'm not going to read the thread... But if someone can tell me of a game with a deeper questing experience than swotor I will poop my pants. 

Make it so...

• dimmit77dimmit77 Member Posts: 294

Originally posted by Pintaphilly

Im enjoying the game so..... yeah..... a lot of the problems you guys list, i haven't experienced at all. And most of them are shared with other MMOs. You guys expect WAAAAY TOO MUCH from MMOs, get a sense of god damn reality for once. SWTOR is a great game (I played both WoW and Rift, raided hardcore in both). IF you did your research, your expectations wouldn't be as exaggerated as it was. DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH! I knew what to expect from the game, and enjoy it greatly. 

Not to mention, these type of threads pop up FOR EVERY SINGLE MMO when they get released. Can you see the pattern? Nothing new here, just the same old whining from idiots who expect too much from MMOs.

I keep seeing random dudes posting how bad this game is and really wait to see them post what game they are actually PLAYING so we have a point of reference . But no one does. 

It would increase my laugh factor by a 100 when someone posted " Game is bland , boring compared to WoW or Darkfall  or Guid Wars that I currently play . " 

Or at least tell us that they don't really play ANY MMO , and they just wait for the next big one that will blow us away . 

I read these posts and seriously wonder if these people have ever understood how an MMO works . 

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by BarCrow

Originally posted by AdamTM

Originally posted by Terronte

I went to the movies the other day and someone half an aisle over smelled like urine. A few seats back someone had a huge bucket of popcorn, but didnt know it was possible to chew with their mouth closed.

My friend left the movie theater talking about these annoying things, while I was happy to have seen a good movie.

Focus on the bad and you'll miss the good.

What a load of shit.

You must be that friend he was talking about.

I still enjoy the game for what it is. I jump around from Empire to Republic alternating classes and specialties. I choose Marauder on Empire side and Guardian on Republic side for example to avoid playing essentially the same specialty. I enjoy the PvP even though admittedly have yet to do Ilum. Highest level is 43 on main character and just taking my time. Don't play every day so that helps. Like most games I'll likely stop at some point but don't see it happening any time soon.

Next time i will deliver faulty work to my boss I'll tell him that too.

"You see man, you focus too much on the bad, you are missing the good. For what it is, a design scribbled on the back the pizza box, its really good, you need to chill out and enjoy my work more."

Actually, you opened my eyes.

I will stop giving a shit, about everything, ever.

So what MMO design is actually so GOOD that makes SWTOR look so bad? 

Originally posted by PyrateLV

Originally posted by Trikke

Who are the players that QQ about the newest MMO.

1) Burnt out / need to take a break players.

2) Employees of other mmos

3) The sheep that follow the hater herd.

4) Retards that expect a new game to be the same as a polished 7 year MMO.

5) Players that think so highly of themselves that they have to nerd rage quite in local or these forums to make themselves feel better as they retreat back to their 7 year old panda bears and pokemon. As if we care about what you think of the game.

6) Players that are completely fed up with the crap state of MMOs that have been released in the last 5+ years

Did it ever cross your mind that if you have failed in so many MMO's it may not be the games it may be you? 

• dwalker2009dwalker2009 Member Posts: 3

Originally posted by dimmit77

Originally posted by Pintaphilly

Im enjoying the game so..... yeah..... a lot of the problems you guys list, i haven't experienced at all. And most of them are shared with other MMOs. You guys expect WAAAAY TOO MUCH from MMOs, get a sense of god damn reality for once. SWTOR is a great game (I played both WoW and Rift, raided hardcore in both). IF you did your research, your expectations wouldn't be as exaggerated as it was. DO YOUR FUCKING RESEARCH! I knew what to expect from the game, and enjoy it greatly. 

Not to mention, these type of threads pop up FOR EVERY SINGLE MMO when they get released. Can you see the pattern? Nothing new here, just the same old whining from idiots who expect too much from MMOs.

I keep seeing random dudes posting how bad this game is and really wait to see them post what game they are actually PLAYING so we have a point of reference . But no one does. 

It would increase my laugh factor by a 100 when someone posted " Game is bland , boring compared to WoW or Darkfall  or Guid Wars that I currently play . " 

Or at least tell us that they don't really play ANY MMO , and they just wait for the next big one that will blow us away . 

I read these posts and seriously wonder if these people have ever understood how an MMO works . 

So by both of your understandings, other people arnt allowed to dislike it, because you dont find it mundane?

Other people can have opinions, thats the beauty of free speach, just because your happy with it doesnt mean everyone else will share your views.

As for previous MMO's ive played EQ2, Neocron, AoC, Aion, Wow and Raided in all, so id imagine I have an understanding on how they work. 

ALL of them have held my attention alot longer than SWTOR.

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

I've been ranting on about this game ever since my extensive beta experience. In general, what one experiences in beta is what they experience on the live servers. However, I broke down and decided to give it another try (because of guildmate pressure).

So I installed the game and started playing. Again, the story was pretty entertaining at first. However, after a few days, I couldn't deal with all the useless "run here, run there, come back, run here, deliver this, come back" bullcrap. Most of my playtime seemed to be just running along these boring paths.

My guildies agreed that the questing becomes boring as heck. So they had pretty much leveled up via PvP. Okay. "I'll try that."

So we queue our group for PvP. It's a beatdown. We pillaged just about every Void Star, Huttball, and Alderaan match. However, after about the 20th time, I couldn't take it anymore. Dailes / PvP / Rinse & Repeat - ugh.

I left the group and headed over to the nearest Auction House. It was flooded with players - all wearing the same Battlemaster-whatever gear. They all looked the same. They all had the same few speeders. They all had the same little pets. They all had the same titles.

My goodness. This game is honestly the worst MMO I've ever played. It's not a clone of WoW, though. Even a linear game like WoW has MUCH MORE depth than SWTOR. This game is terrible and should not be considered a MMORPG.

Even my guildies agreed that they would be long gone had it not been mildly entertaining playing with friends.

You've been posting about the game almost daily for months.  What do you mean you just now tried it?  Why did you post about a game you never tried so much?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.

• illorionillorion Member Posts: 467

Originally posted by Souldrainer

You've been posting about the game almost daily for months.  What do you mean you just now tried it?  Why did you post about a game you never tried so much?

There you go friend I underlined the part you didn't read for you

"Don't mistake a fun game for a good game... Checkers is fun to play but its not exactly the highest point of gaming design... and definatly not worth $60 plus $15 a month"

• ShojuShoju Member UncommonPosts: 776

Originally posted by Trikke

4) Retards that expect a new game to be the same as a polished 7 year MMO.

I don't consider myself to be a 'retard', but as a consumer, I do have expectations when it comes to the products and services that I purchase. 

So WOW has had seven years of content and polish to get the game where it is now.  Big frickin deal.  If you consider yourself to be a AAA developer and you can't deliver the same level of product quality as your competitors (and the expectations of your customers) then you have no business trying to make belive that you are in the same league as them.   Why are Bioware charging $14.99/month ("the same as a polished 7 year MMO") if they aren't able to deliver a similar level of service quality?

• SouldrainerSouldrainer Member Posts: 1,857

Originally posted by illorion

Originally posted by Souldrainer

There you go friend I underlined the part you didn't read for you

Read it.  Made my post for emphasis.  Why would you assume otherwise?

Error: 37. Signature not found. Please connect to my server for signature access.