Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why oh why?

so I wasn't hyped about this game at all and guess it was a good thing.. I enjoy vindictus and find the instanced destruction based/twitch combat a nice change of pace but this game feels like a cheap knock off of vindictus which i didn't even think possible.

Graphics are meh the main issue is pop-ins pretty much every single step.

The opening quest is a million times worse than the openening spider thing in vindictus. Then the combat it's all about the combat yet it plays feels and looks worse than vindictus. 

Sorry but if I want this type of game ill play vindictus as i see no reason at all to play this one. Sadly another horrible F2P game thank goodness I wasn't expecting anything going in.

Comments

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

Originally posted by sanosukex

so I wasn't hyped about this game at all and guess it was a good thing.. I enjoy vindictus and find the instanced destruction based/twitch combat a nice change of pace but this game feels like a cheap knock off of vindictus which i didn't even think possible.

The opening quest is a million times worse than the openening spider thing in vindictus. Then the combat it's all about the combat yet it plays feels and looks worse than vindictus. 

Sorry but if I want this type of game ill play vindictus as i see no reason at all to play this one. Sadly another horrible F2P game thank goodness I wasn't expecting anything going in.

I was thinking the same thing as I watched that live stream of the game today.  I kept thinking it looks like Vindictus.  Except, for me, I hate Vindictus.  So....both games suck to me.  NOT the mmorpg type I want to see being made.  But I can see your point, if you like Vindictus.  Stay with Vindictus.

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Ok so is it a map like Vindictus where you have the necessary NPCs and then you join dungeons from there? Did you play it long enough to answer that? I'm curious is all.

• ThegoodlolThegoodlol Member CommonPosts: 64

I think the problem is that they took too long to release this game, it looked awesome the first time i saw it about 2-3 years ago, now it's just another one in the pile.

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

Originally posted by Thegoodlol

I think the problem is that they took too long to release this game, it looked awesome the first time i saw it about 2-3 years ago, now it's just another one in the pile.

thing is vindictus is as old and looks a lot better and plays better.. to top it off you can force all kinds of anti-aliasing in vindictus making it look 100% better this game you cannot. 

Originally posted by revy66

Ok so is it a map like Vindictus where you have the necessary NPCs and then you join dungeons from there? Did you play it long enough to answer that? I'm curious is all.

In all honesty I played to the point you get ot the first town so basically just the intro part.. but its really not worth the time there are much better F2P games out there.

Originally posted by elocke

I was thinking the same thing as I watched that live stream of the game today.  I kept thinking it looks like Vindictus.  Except, for me, I hate Vindictus.  So....both games suck to me.  NOT the mmorpg type I want to see being made.  But I can see your point, if you like Vindictus.  Stay with Vindictus.

yea these lobby games aren't for everyone but can be a nice little break from the bland tab mmo combat.. but with vindictus out there i see no point to play this game at all

• AzugaAzuga Member Posts: 11

well if u guys dont like it give me your account cause i really want to play:)

• StriderXedStriderXed Member Posts: 257

Originally posted by Azuga

well if u guys dont like it give me your account cause i really want to play:)

I'm with this guy. Let me do some bashing for myself once I try it out.

• mudd4evermudd4ever Member Posts: 158

In all honesty I played to the point you get ot the first town so basically just the intro part.. but its really not worth the time there are much better F2P games out there.

You're supposed to be bug testing, remember? ;)

The crafting in C9 looks better to me than the crafting I've done in Vindictus, just saying.  Once you have the mats to make something, crafting in Vindictus = yawn (for me).  I would want to test the crafting in C9 more than the combats, overall, but that's just me.

Oh, before I forget, can I has your stuffs?  /grin

pie.

• adryanmihaiadryanmihai Member Posts: 11

If any1 has a spare beta key would love to try the game.Thanx in advance .

Originally posted by mudd4ever

The crafting in C9 looks better to me than the crafting I've done in Vindictus, just saying.  Once you have the mats to make something, crafting in Vindictus = yawn (for me).  I would want to test the crafting in C9 more than the combats, overall, but that's just me.

heh no way i could even get to crafting when the game looks and plays like it should of been released a decade ago. With so many other F2P options out there I can't see a single reason why anyone would play this one

also to all asking for a code.. there was no code it was just an email they sent linking your account to the test

Also~ I am wondering, did you play around much with character customization?  It actually looks pretty in depth from what I've seen of it in some vids.

I hate Vindictus when it comes to customizing your characters.  So few options.  Everyone has the same face because of the named player characters (Evie, Lann, Fiona, etc.) ,which I think is crappy but I know it has to be that way in that game by design.  And don't even get me started on purchasing dye ampules with NX.  That you can't even be guaranteed of getting the colors you want even if you fork over money.  I refuse to do that again.  Please tell me C9 doesn't have something that dumb as part of their dye system.

pie.

heh no way i could even get to crafting when the game looks and plays like it should of been released a decade ago. With so many other F2P options out there I can't see a single reason why anyone would play this one

also to all asking for a code.. there was no code it was just an email they sent linking your account to the test

Hmm the graphics I've seen on YouTube don't look too bad to me overall.  Sure, I've seen better, but...  Are you also saying they aren't very configurable though  in the game options?  That would be bad.

pie.

Also~ I am wondering, did you play around much with character customization?  It actually looks pretty in depth from what I've seen of it in some vids.

I hate Vindictus when it comes to customizing your characters.  So few options.  Everyone has the same face because of the named player characters (Evie, Lann, Fiona, etc.) ,which I think is crappy but I know it has to be that way in that game by design.  And don't even get me started on purchasing dye ampules with NX.  That you can't even be guaranteed of getting the colors you want even if you fork over money.  I refuse to do that again.  Please tell me C9 doesn't have something that dumb as part of their dye system.

customization is very very limited about the same as vindictus actually

Orly?  Okay now I'm officially sad.  It looked like there were facial sliders and more body sliders than Vindictus from the vids, but maybe I was mistaken.

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

pie.

Hmm the graphics I've seen on YouTube don't look too bad to me overall.  Sure, I've seen better, but...  Are you also saying they aren't very configurable though  in the game options?  That would be bad.

graphics are pretty horrible I had everything maxed out with in game and still looks pretty bad to top if off the game redraws areas like parts of the ground almost every step which is very annoying... with vindictus since it used half life's engine you can force SSAA and other forms of AA to make the game look a lot smoother and better overall.

Orly?  Okay now I'm officially sad.  It looked like there were facial sliders and more body sliders than Vindictus from the vids, but maybe I was mistaken.

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

you basically have 3 pre-set faces then you have sliders for parts of the face but overall you can't really change the character that much.. theres full face tattoos which are really dumb and standard 10 or so hair styles.. you can adjust the parts of the body a little but not a whole lot.. maybe a TAD more than vindictus but not anything to write home about

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

you basically have 3 pre-set faces then you have sliders for parts of the face but overall you can't really change the character that much.. theres full face tattoos which are really dumb and standard 10 or so hair styles.. you can adjust the parts of the body a little but not a whole lot.. maybe a TAD more than vindictus but not anything to write home about

image  TERA, you're my only hope. :(

pie.

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

image  TERA, you're my only hope. :(

TERA is looking good hopefully it won't dissapoint!

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

Are you fucking kidding me...that's better than most MMOs today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5eOPn25WcI This video clearly shows there is a lot to it. I think you are just not giving it a chance.

/SADFACE!!!!!!!

Are you fucking kidding me...that's better than most MMOs today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5eOPn25WcI This video clearly shows there is a lot to it. I think you are just not giving it a chance.

trust me I like these kinds of games but vindictus is a WAY better game and is free so why even play this one.

oh and for the customization it really isn't that good the overall face looks the same minus being able to move the eyebrows up and such but you can even see it in the video looks about the same.. its good customization for a free game but nothing great

• OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303

Vindictous better looking then C9? Thats not what i remember from the korean Version. 

For me that sounds some biased vindictous fanboy or paid idiot is trying to trash talk c9.

Originally posted by Otomox

Vindictous better looking then C9? Thats not what i remember from the korean Version. 

For me that sounds some biased vindictous fanboy or paid idiot is trying to trash talk c9.

i dont even play vindictus anymore.. why would I need to come here and bash C9 who the hell even heard of this game anyway? I just got the email couple weeks ago about the beta and it looked interesting so I figured I'd give it a shot. .I played TONS of f2p asian games in the past and this one is just not worth playing.. just my opinion but there it is.

also the reason i say vindictus looks better is because of the engines support for external forms of AA such as SGSSAA and SSAA this really cleans up the entire game and makes it looks a lot better. C9 i could not do that. In C9 you have a couple nice effects like being able to change the overall contrast and color but overall the graphics were very bland and AA was pretty much non existent. Also like I said before you get texture pop-ins everytime you move which is very odd and is annoying as hell. 

someone posted on another forum how to fix the pop-in thing and read you can use smaa injector so ill give it another shot tommorow.. not holding my breath though:)

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Originally posted by Otomox

I get the same feeling.

I have not played the game but Spunkify mentioned that C9s graphics were on par or maybe slightly better than that of Vindictus.

And from other videos I have seen of C9 the combat is just far more interesting than anything Vindictus ever offered.