Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a fun healing MMO

MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

I have always been a big fan of the healing class in MMOs. I have played WoW awhile back but quit when college started. Now that I have a steady job and can afford the monthly purchase of an mmo I was I wondering if anyone knew of one good primarily for those that like to heal. By good, I mean more fun whether it is via mechanics or certain spells. There are a couple healing classes in WoW I have not tried so I might go back and play that, but if anyone can recommend another game that would be great. Thanks

Comments

• EmeraqEmeraq Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

I wasn't a fan of UO very long but Ioved working anatomy and healing skills,. I was told that working points into Anatomy helped with your bandage healing skill, I don't know if it helped with healing spells or not but it's one of the better healing systems I saw in an MMO, even though I didn't care for the games lack of quests.  

• MertzaSkertzMertzaSkertz Member UncommonPosts: 161

I find UO too old, I would prefer something newer that I knew would last.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Well I found healing with my Warden/Sentinel Cleric spec in Rift, to be a lot of fun. It's a fairly fast-paced, HoT-based, healing spec with some burst heals. Requires good timing in some cases. Of course Rift has a lot of other forms of healing; from shield-based, to healing by dealing damage. So give Rift a try if you want.

However I myself I'm looking forward to TERA and the unique kind of gameplay that game offers healers.

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

Vanguards.................Disiple and Cleric are 2 of the funnest healing classes ever made               .

• HowryHowry Member UncommonPosts: 116

Vanguards Bloodmage is as well.

• stormsoulstormsoul Member UncommonPosts: 8

I'm gonna have to say Vanguard also, the Disciple and Bloodmage have very unique mechanics, and the Cleric is very good there too.

Haven't been on it recently to see what the population is like though.  EQ2's a decent choice, esp if you like healing full parties in dungeons and/or raids.  Doubt theres another game with as munay different dungeons and raids as EQ2.  Should keep ya busy for a while :)

• KhaerosKhaeros Member Posts: 452

Age of Conan has some interesting healers, like Vanguard.  LotRO's Minstrel heals by playing an instrument of your choice and the RK has a special resource that works sort of like lunar / solar balance for WoW Druids.

In Cataclysm, Blizzard homogenized the healers somewhat.  All healers now have their 'fast, inefficient' heal, their 'long, powerful' heal, and the middle of the line heal, though they all have their distinct flavor that you will likely remember from your days playing WoW.  They tried their best to allow every class to do at least some raid healing and tank healing, even though each class does have their strengths and weaknesses.