Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free MMORPG recommendations??

First post...

I recently started playing MMOs, I only played Entropia so far, and it got quite boring and repetitive so I quit... so I want to find out which ones are good before I commit my time to one.

I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of MMOs out there, so I'm looking for a free-to-play MMORPG with:

• great production value

• bit of voice acting 

• good graphics

• customization

• lots of abilities, skills, classes, races, etc

• pvp

• clans

• good player base

Can you recommend a good MMORPG... 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • RedcorRedcor Member Posts: 426

Age of Conan all the way

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can
    be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
    -Robert E. Howard

• Storman1977Storman1977 Member Posts: 207

DDO is the way to go if you are looking at customizing your characters or multiclassing.  Highly instanced, but by design to closer resemble the small group feel of tabletop Dungeons&Dragons.

• BereKinBereKin Member Posts: 287

You can try LOTRO, its a good mmorpg. If you like story based, deep lore mmo, this could be for you.

It got most of the things you want, except PvP. Its more PvE oriented mmo, but it got some measure of PvP (its called monster play).

There is also D&D,AOC,RIFT (up to level 20),BSGO...etc...like you said, nowadays there are so many mmos.

Anyway, best of luck in your search.  image

• Mushi-shiMushi-shi Member Posts: 5

I know I'll be playing guild wars 2, but for now I'm stumped...maybe I'll just continue exploring skyrim for a while, idk

• KesstraKesstra Member UncommonPosts: 7

Everquest 2 on the Antonia Bayle server has a very active RP community.  The game went free to play recently.  There are some restrictions such as only the human and half human races are free, but lots of player housing, house decorating, player made dungeons, and tools for RP.  If you come over add the RPLFG chat channel and you will never be bored.  Also visit The Town Square on http://www.guildportal.com/Guild.aspx?GuildID=209853&TabID=1770901 to find RP guilds.

• ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433

im finding Midkemia Online enjoyable as it has a good RP community and the staff does cool RP events. it's based on a series of books that went New York Times bestselling or something like that. i actually haven't read the books lol. but the game is making me want to http://www.midkemiaonline.com/

• ForumPvPForumPvP Member Posts: 871

• great production value

• bit of voice acting 

• good graphics

• customization

• pvp

• clans

• good player base

Battlefield 3

Let's internet

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Actually, I just started playing STO this week and I'm happily surprised. It has one of the better F2P models I've seen and there's surprisingly a lot to do in game. It really has come a long way over the last couple of years. If you're a Trek fan, you owe it to yourself to give it a shot.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• comrademariocomrademario Member Posts: 98

Allods Online has one of the best storylines to follow. Sadly a lot of the community don't care about RP or lore but I guess that's modern mmorpgs for you

http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/

• ReehayReehay Member Posts: 172

Originally posted by Mushi-shi

First post...

I recently started playing MMOs, I only played Entropia so far, and it got quite boring and repetitive so I quit... so I want to find out which ones are good before I commit my time to one.

I'm just overwhelmed with the amount of MMOs out there, so I'm looking for a free-to-play MMORPG with:

• great production value

• bit of voice acting 

• good graphics

• customization

• pvp

• clans

• good player base

Can you recommend a good MMORPG... 

DC Universe Online... has all of that for free... i liked it so much i started to pay this month just to get some extras.

• MajesticoMajestico Member UncommonPosts: 481
    what's this got to do with roleplaying. Just shows, when i ask a valid question in the pub, it gets put into some forum that nobody moderates. I'm going to ask a rp question in the pub, and if it gets booted into here, then i will use this an example. Btw anyone know a mmo for cell phones?
  • LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Originally posted by comrademario

Allods Online has one of the best storylines to follow. Sadly a lot of the community don't care about RP or lore but I guess that's modern mmorpgs for you

http://en.allods.gpotato.eu/

This, LoTRO, Runescape or DDO.

• oyuncharcomoyuncharcom Member Posts: 1

i think you may like silkroad online , cabal online or archlord.

• beat_downbeat_down Member UncommonPosts: 46

Aion fits every thing you want but voice acting. It doesn't go truly free to play until April. But, you can play the free trial up to level  40 until then.

• SnJ08SnJ08 Member Posts: 6

SMT IMagine is awesome and its free. Its coming back up on Atlus the 22nd of this month. Atlusonline.com and register up if you're interested. Its a great game though, good storyline. Classes - Gunner with several sub categories, Synthers, Mage, Melee. Every class has sub catagories - Ex( Magic Bullet Gunner or Shot Mage or DD Mage etc). Theres also healers(Enhancers).