Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: The WoW Killer Redux

2»

Comments

• nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I fear the panda.

• TortanicTortanic Member Posts: 85
    BUT MOOOOOM, HOTBARS ARE COMPLICATED TO USE :(
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,679

Originally posted by madnessman13

world of warcraft = easy and simple sense of accomplishment, that is all.

no one comment will explain it but all of them combined together give you a good idea of what where thinking.

Yep, spot on

Which is why Cata went off the rails for them - for a couple of reasons

1. Blizzard had set their stall out with easy progression and casual wotlk dungeons. They had educated people that this was how the game was.

Then Cata arrived with a changed difficulty lvl for the hc's. Now [insert name here] is going to come along and say "Cata hc's where hard?". The answer is that they where harder than all the previous ones.

Blizzard had educated people all through the game, that this is what wow is about. A casual mmo where you could pop on, find a pug group do a few hc's and feel like you where progressing. 

Their Marketing budget at the time wasn't spent on informing people that things where going to change in future. It was spent on "I'm a Night Elf Mohawk" - these where the people Blizzard had decided was their main market.

I don't have a problem with the original difficulty of the Cata hc dungeons. What Blizzard did wrong though was a complete lack of consistenncy. If all the hc dungeons from lvls 20+ to 80 had the same relevant difficulty lvl as the Cata ones, there would'nt have been such an issue. It was an issue of Blizzard's own making, and has cost them.

2. Slightly shorter and a bit tongue in cheek - wotlk had a human villian. People gone bad always make the best villians. It's more personal, Hollywood recognises this, they get the best scripts in films. 

A large dragon just doesn't cut if for sheer in your face I'm going to get you mate.

Back on topic - I believe wow will be here in ten years in some form or other. Going back to it is like seeing an old friend. Sure it looks older - but so do you.

• freegamesfreegames Member UncommonPosts: 240

Wow Killer Definition- Any game that attempts to surpass WoW and then fail miserably

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by KingPinoy

Seriously......a games bad just because of pandas. Get over it.

Not "just" because of pandas... pandas are JUST the cherry on top of the list of things which are defenetly wrong in WoW. Pandas are representation ... a symbol of everything people hate about WoW. -))) lol 

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

I've just came over with a good name for the next WoW article: "Playing with pandas"  ;-)  lol