Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG Gamer Survey (Poll Inside) Part 1

13»

Comments

• Professor78Professor78 Member UncommonPosts: 610

Graphics/PVE/Very

I picked graphics plainly because I can't immerse myself into a game if it is not pleasing to the eye to begin with. Yes gameplay would come next, and on the very few occasions graphics are demoted - mainly if a decent sandbox comes along (Haven and Hearth for example) But with the constant themeparks that are all practically the same - graphics everytime.

Core i5 13600KF,  BeQuiet Pure Loop FX 360, 32gb DDR5-6000 XPG, WD SN850 NVMe ,PNY 3090 XLR8, Asus Prime Z790-A, Lian-Li O11 PCMR case (limited ed 1045/2000), 32" LG Ultragear 4k Monitor, Logitech G560 LightSync Sound, Razer Deathadder V2 and Razer Blackwidow V3 Keyboard

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

Originally posted by maplestone

Originally posted by NextGenMMO

PvE over PvP? Well, that is quite surprizing.

Really?  Maybe I'm too much of an old-school role-player, but I've never liked the idea of PvP in my RPGing.

Same here although I do like clan vs clan pvp and territorial control.

The lineage of RPG started in the tabletop strategy games. So a progression back toward a RPG/RTS hybrid always made sense to me.  RPG was always and still is a team focused game play not a street fighter 1vs1 mentality.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Crud, Gameplay or community?

I voted community finally, because a boring game can be pretty fun with the right people but good gameplay ain´t enough if everyone are morons.

Tough call though, but MMOs is about playing with other people.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    Originally posted by Teala

Originally posted by elocke

Before I answer the last poll do you mean character customization as in at character creation or how your character is able to be customized during his career via skills, stats, levels, etc.?

During creation of your character - when you first make it.

If its like dcuo, co, apb, and cox then no important i can change it later.
    If i cant change it later itll bring it to slightly important.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775

For me at a price of 20 million dollars to create i think its reasonable to request both good game play and good graphics.

all the other stuff I couldnt care less about.

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

• endgame1endgame1 Member Posts: 84

Originally posted by bartoni33

Well it's good to see that everything I voted on is the top vote-getter by far. Not many votes right now but still.

Should be an interesting read.

Same here, although honestly I like pvp and pve equally--but I chose pve.

• MardyMardy Member Posts: 2,213

The question about preferring PvE vs PvP, or Open World vs Zoned vs Instanced should not be black & white.  Today games have the capabilities to a blend of these things.  I don't like strictly PvE games, nor do I like PvP shoved down my throat constantly.  A game like DAOC & WoW where you have areas you can level in that are not PvP flagged, then you have specific areas you go to that are contested are my ideal way to play MMO's.  Neither one of these games can be called strictly PvE or PvP games.  I just like a bit of both personally, and I think a lot of people do want the option to PvP when they want to.

As for Open world vs zoned vs instanced, there's absolutely no reason to not have a game developed to be open world, with specific instanced dungeons & raids & battlegrounds.  Even EQ today, while it started the whole open world dungeon concept, have moved into having a blend of open world & instanced content these days.

EQ1-AC1-DAOC-FFXI-L2-EQ2-WoW-DDO-GW-LoTR-VG-WAR-GW2-ESO

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

It's too bad these polls will just get ignored by the devs. At least for now.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I am going to be putting up part 2 later today.    I would just like to thank everyone that has participated in this first part.   Thank you for giving your input.  

• punkrockpunkrock Member Posts: 1,777

It seems like i am the only one who voted for community lol. So sad sigh.