Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I can't believe...

13»

Comments

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

comms go in the currency tab so not sure how that bothers you, not like its taking up bag space

crafting, same deal as WoW

and 500k credits for an "epic" mount is not a lot, its feasible to get that by lvl 40

I think its more that the comm system should be more standardized, or at least an intuitive trading system.  Yes, they don't take up bag space.  But they also have a very short shelf-life leveling up.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I cant believe this is the mmo you get for 200mil

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by elocke

saw this thread idea on SWTOR.com and thought I'd start one over here.  It can be funny yet to the point and maybe the devs will take a gander and make necessary changes.  I'll start

I can't believe...

that I have to earn 50+ valor ranks with nothing to show for it until you hit 60. 

that I'm carrying around all these commendations that I can't upgrade, sell or trash because I've out leveled them.

that after finally maxing my craft at 400 I now cannot continue crafting without getting mats from high level and HM FPs.

that the codex isn't bigger and flashier and doesn't act as an achievement tracker but instead acts as a simplified SWTOR lore wiki that I'll never look at.

that I can't steer my ship when and where I want, nor decorate it, color it, or have more than one.

that mounts incrementally increase in speed and yet it feels like I'm still walking or in sprint mode at best and then they have the nerve to charge me upwards of 500k+ credits just to use all mount speeds.

that I can't seem to stop coming up with so many of these to add to this list, so I'll just stop now before I cause a riot.

No offense but everyone of these items is a separate whine thread but no one item worth whining about.

Originally posted by wickymagee

To all of you "I can't believe" posters, we all play the same game.  We know what it's like and we're still playing or have already decided to cancel our subs.  What I can't believe is that people keep starting these stupid posts and proselytise to no end like they're the only ones who can see what's going on.  It's been a month and a half since release, if we're still playing let us do so in peace please.

OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE!!!!!!

That people post in threads telling whining about the proliferation of threads spreading "hate", and in those threads say agree with me or ur a nub.

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

• wickymageewickymagee Member UncommonPosts: 44

Originally posted by iceman00

To all of you "I can't believe" posters, we all play the same game.  We know what it's like and we're still playing or have already decided to cancel our subs.  What I can't believe is that people keep starting these stupid posts and proselytise to no end like they're the only ones who can see what's going on.  It's been a month and a half since release, if we're still playing let us do so in peace please.

That people post in threads telling whining about the proliferation of threads spreading "hate", and in those threads say agree with me or ur a nub.

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

I never said "agree with me or ur a nub"...  And to the poster above I'm not being a white knight.  I know that this game has a lot of room for improvement but it's on par with just about any other mmo out there, and considering it's only a month and a half old I think people are jumping the gun by saying that it will always suck no matter what.  I just have to reiterate that my main point is that all of the doom and gloomers posting new threads every day think that they are bringing us some new revelation about this game. We who aren't doom and gloomers are playing this game, enjoying it and get tired of some new "prophet of truth" posting the same thing every day.

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

I can't believe...

...that at level 400 crafting you can not pick up another craft and have more than one.

...that you can not re-name your companions.

...that this is 2012 and everytime i turn around all I see are carbon copies of myself.

...that the combat mechanic feels like it was taken from a game that is over 10 years old. ...oh wait... nevermind i can believe that.

...that BW thinks my rig can not handle high res textures.

...that my character is supposed to be a leader of the "Dark Council"... yet i need back up when dealing with low rank pee-ons.

...that i cant customize anything.

...that i have to deal with mismatched gear in this day and age of MMO's.

...that this game still has subscribers.

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

I'm still enjoying this game, a lot.  That said, I agree with every point that the OP makes.  I hope they make some changes that will fix these problems (assuming they see these points as problems).

• ZhauricZhauric Member UncommonPosts: 292

Originally posted by elocke

saw this thread idea on SWTOR.com and thought I'd start one over here.  It can be funny yet to the point and maybe the devs will take a gander and make necessary changes.  I'll start

I can't believe...

that I have to earn 50+ valor ranks with nothing to show for it until you hit 60. 

Would agree with that one.

that I'm carrying around all these commendations that I can't upgrade, sell or trash because I've out leveled them.

Agree again but nothing earth shattering. Just something I shrug on and just move on.

that after finally maxing my craft at 400 I now cannot continue crafting without getting mats from high level and HM FPs.

That's how it generally is in MMO's so not a big shocker there. Not sure why it is to you. We can hope for something different but honestly if you notice a game is modeling itself after another or what you see often in the industry it shouldn't be surprising.

that the codex isn't bigger and flashier and doesn't act as an achievement tracker but instead acts as a simplified SWTOR lore wiki that I'll never look at.

If you ever played some of Bioware's games that's nothing new. They generally always have something similar to this so not bothered by it at all. Again, a very small thing.

that I can't steer my ship when and where I want, nor decorate it, color it, or have more than one.

We already knew this before launch. Sorry, but I always find it silly to bellyache on something we were already aware of well beforehand. If you know what you're getting into then it falls upon you, not them. They can and may upgrade this in the future. Remains to be seen.

that mounts incrementally increase in speed and yet it feels like I'm still walking or in sprint mode at best and then they have the nerve to charge me upwards of 500k+ credits just to use all mount speeds.

Agreed. The amount of costs for the small boost in speed is a stretch. I will stick to the regular speed unless I just get to the point I have nothing better to do with my credits.

that I can't seem to stop coming up with so many of these to add to this list, so I'll just stop now before I cause a riot.

I have some things here and there but nothing game breaking nor anything to warrant thread 4161616614105131464946 to voice such complaints. Gets kind of repetitive after a while *smiles* I am enjoying the game and that's all that matters to me in the end. When I cease to enjoy it then I will simply move on. I won't need a thread or list.

• FargolFargol Member UncommonPosts: 303

Originally posted by Scorchien

I cant believe....... that some people are smart enough, that when they see a dogpie they avoid it, and others need to actually go step in it and complain while they clean it off there shoes.

But you might not know there's a dogpile UNTIL you step in it.

And yes, someone who keeps stepping in it whilst complaining about the stench needs help.

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

I never said "agree with me or ur a nub"...  And to the poster above I'm not being a white knight.  I know that this game has a lot of room for improvement but it's on par with just about any other mmo out there, and considering it's only a month and a half old I think people are jumping the gun by saying that it will always suck no matter what.  I just have to reiterate that my main point is that all of the doom and gloomers posting new threads every day think that they are bringing us some new revelation about this game. We who aren't doom and gloomers are playing this game, enjoying it and get tired of some new "prophet of truth" posting the same thing every day.

Eh, most the people I'm reading here don't say "It will always suck."  rather, its just that in its current state, even considering it is just launch, it really is a very unfinished game.  A lot of us have had fun leveling (the first time, I know I am), but we see the end game, and we really wonder.  (Or those already on the end game see it, and report it, and most of us, far from MMO virgins, have seen this a thousand times.)

And if you are really tired of "prophets of truth", don't post in their threads.  Don't read them.  Treat them as troll threads, and do not feed the trolls.

• Moaky07Moaky07 Member Posts: 2,096

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Eh, most the people I'm reading here don't say "It will always suck."  rather, its just that in its current state, even considering it is just launch, it really is a very unfinished game.  A lot of us have had fun leveling (the first time, I know I am), but we see the end game, and we really wonder.  (Or those already on the end game see it, and report it, and most of us, far from MMO virgins, have seen this a thousand times.)

And if you are really tired of "prophets of truth", don't post in their threads.  Don't read them.  Treat them as troll threads, and do not feed the trolls.

Cmon Ice...

I have started a few threads now talking about ingame stuff, and BAM, bumped to the next page cause 10 more bitch threads were created.

Some folks have been here a yr or longer with the same message of hating the game, and yet you MMORPG.com folks fail to enforce your very own TOS. Instead you tell the ones calling you guys out to put the folks on ignore, rather than handing out the bans these folks deserve.

Like I have said, if this shit was going on in a sandbox forum, it would of been stopped yesterday.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

Originally posted by Moaky07

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Cmon Ice...

I have started a few threads now talking about ingame stuff, and BAM, bumped to the next page cause 10 more bitch threads were created.

Some folks have been here a yr or longer with the same message of hating the game, and yet you MMORPG.com folks fail to enforce your very own TOS. Instead you tell the ones calling you guys out to put the folks on ignore, rather than handing out the bans these folks deserve.

Like I have said, if this shit was going on in a sandbox forum, it would of been stopped yesterday.

And yet you are going to find that anywhere you go, especially in the "general discussion" area.  Am I condoning it?  No.  Yet do I really think writing a post QQ'ing about QQ is going to somehow lessen the QQ?  Don't feed the trolls if you don't want them to come out and play.  Its that simple.

And I'd also like to point out in disclosure.....

I'm not currently affiliated with MMORPG.com.  Back some 5 or 6 years ago during the SWG days, I was a staff writer who wrote a few editorials and did some of the debates on this site.  (against microtransactions, pay2win, and gold advertising).    There's no way to change the forum title.  It's the only one available.  This is really my first time back to these forums in awhile (I posted in the POTBS ones from time to time.)

Don't even think any of the old staff is still around.  :)  So don't blame MMORPG.com if I'm being perceived as a troll.  :)

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430

Originally posted by SadOldGamer

I can't believe you are still playing...

I cancelled my sub  14 days into the free trial ...which i could get my money back for buying the game.

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• HatewallHatewall Member Posts: 120

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Cmon Ice...

And yet you are going to find that anywhere you go, especially in the "general discussion" area.  Am I condoning it?  No.  Yet do I really think writing a post QQ'ing about QQ is going to somehow lessen the QQ?  Don't feed the trolls if you don't want them to come out and play.  Its that simple.

I do not believe for a second that QQ'ing about the QQ in any way lessons the QQ. One QQ does not another QQ solve. If anything, the continual QQ on the QQ promotes the QQ that makes everyone QQ. Next thing you know, Pokket puts on the QQ face, SB gets to QQ'ing and I end up with another damn warning.

:( QQ

Originally posted by Hatewall

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Cmon Ice...

I do not believe for a second that QQ'ing about the QQ in any way lessons the QQ. One QQ does not another QQ solve. If anything, the continual QQ on the QQ promotes the QQ that makes everyone QQ. Next thing you know, Pokket puts on the QQ face, SB gets to QQ'ing and I end up with another damn warning.

:( QQ

Considering the lack of Illum pvp or any pvp of that matter in TOR, you are going to get a lot of forum pvp.  :)

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Cmon Ice...

I'm not currently affiliated with MMORPG.com.  Back some 5 or 6 years ago during the SWG days, I was a staff writer who wrote a few editorials and did some of the debates on this site.  (against microtransactions, pay2win, and gold advertising).    There's no way to change the forum title.  It's the only one available.  This is really my first time back to these forums in awhile (I posted in the POTBS ones from time to time.)

Don't even think any of the old staff is still around.  :)  So don't blame MMORPG.com if I'm being perceived as a troll.  :)

Hey.....you arent being mellow, and thinking you are getting off that easy pal!!!!!! image

You saw what went down in the SWG vet forums for yrs. Whether you reply to these folks or not, they will continue to make their "Woh is me" threads.  Only now, there is actually someone else around forced to endure the BS. Last I knew this was the TOR General Forum. It isnt 'OMG we want a sandbox", "The PRECioUs was the bestestest", nor "Can we raise the same complaint about TOR 1M times".

If you looked at this forum though, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. It is pretty pathetic actually.

Asking Devs to make AAA sandbox titles is like trying to get fine dining on a McDonalds dollar menu budget.

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

I can't believe...

My friends still play.  Seriously.

Sorry but....

Fail post is fail.

Cmon Ice...

Hey.....you arent being mellow, and thinking you are getting off that easy pal!!!!!! image

You saw what went down in the SWG vet forums for yrs. Whether you reply to these folks or not, they will continue to make their "Woh is me" threads.  Only now, there is actually someone else around forced to endure the BS. Last I knew this was the TOR General Forum. It isnt 'OMG we want a sandbox", "The PRECioUs was the bestestest", nor "Can we raise the same complaint about TOR 1M times".

If you looked at this forum though, you wouldnt be able to tell the difference. It is pretty pathetic actually.

I guess the only thing I can say is, complain to the MMORPG.com staff, which remember, I'm not one of em.  :p

And yeah, I remember the SWG hate days.  My editorial on this site generated A BOATLOAD of SWG rage.  I think I held the record for number of thread deletions on the SOE forum where everyone spammed my ediorital lolz.

I guess with me, it never really gets to me that much.  I try to be reasonable in my discussions and engage the issues.  Others are going to do what others are going to do.  If they do it in my thread, I yell at them.  Worst offenders go on ignore.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

I Cant believe I bought this game...

I cant believe how much it cost to make this game...

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

2 millions copies sold - 1.7 million active subs = 300k people no longer playing SWTOR. Looks like most of those that cancelled are hanging out on these forums.

Sure the game needs work, but the wife and I are having a great time playing together. I'm trying to be less cynical in life lately...I'm a lot happier.

Joined - July 2004

I guess the only thing I can say is, complain to the MMORPG.com staff, which remember, I'm not one of em.  :p

And yeah, I remember the SWG hate days.  My editorial on this site generated A BOATLOAD of SWG rage.  I think I held the record for number of thread deletions on the SOE forum where everyone spammed my ediorital lolz.

I guess with me, it never really gets to me that much.  I try to be reasonable in my discussions and engage the issues.  Others are going to do what others are going to do.  If they do it in my thread, I yell at them.  Worst offenders go on ignore.

Those folks had a right to be mad when it went down.  Five yrs of it though, and on a daily basis at that? Cmon....we dont carry on about RL dead folks that long.

Which is what a lot of this hate spam is.....simply a continuation of SWG vet rage.

TOR was never intended to be SWG 2, and till this very day we hear complaints that it isnt. Unreal.....err Hero Engine. image

• omomeomome Member Posts: 203

Originally posted by TheCrow2k

I Cant believe I bought this game...

I cant believe how much it cost to make this game...

You bought the game, and you have no idea what it cost to make the game.

Does that make it a little easier on you?

This discussion has been closed.