Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats this game doing on the front page?

HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

I know we all love D3 and are super excited for it to be released, but what the hell is this game doing on the front-page of this site, right in the middle of the top rated games here?

Diablo never was and never will be an MMO. Is this just some publicity?

Strange...

Comments

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

It's in the game list, and people have clicked the links or whatever for hyping a game in development.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

Development on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation.

That would explain why it looks like it's from...2001.

Talk about sitting on a game to preserve WoW success lol

• paterahpaterah Member UncommonPosts: 578

Originally posted by Vegetto

Development on Diablo III began in 2001 when Blizzard North was still in operation.

Except all of it has changed since then..I don't see how you can say it looks like it's from 2001.

• VegettoVegetto Member Posts: 841

the videos, screenshots, UI, Characters, been in development for 11 years. And...well i don't know what the excitement is for.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Originally posted by 4bsolute

You're six months late to fight this battle.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808

He's a cry baby, that's how.

I like to complain about games.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

The term MMO is very broadly interpreted these days on this site .

Seems if a title is popular and people play it online it is a candidate for coverage.

I expect Madden Football to make an appearance eventually.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 808

I think your forgetting the part that comes after MMO.  That's RPG.  What's D3?  It's an RPG with a large multiplayer component.  It's actually extremely similar to a lot of "mmorpg" games.  I can think of quite a few off the top my head.

Mythos.

Mu Online.

Dungeons and Dragons Online.

Vindictus.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

~Shut up.~

I like to complain about games.
  • CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I know we all love D3 and are super excited for it to be released, but what the hell is this game doing on the front-page of this site, right in the middle of the top rated games here?

Strange...

There was a poll asking the community if they wanted D3 here and the people saying yes won.

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850

GuildWars 1 = Diablo 3 in MMO qualities.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by paterah

Originally posted by Vegetto
    Except all of it has changed since then..I don't see how you can say it looks like it's from 2001.

I'm in the beta. The game doesn't look like it's from 2001. Not graphics or texture-wise anyway. You do have a static camera angle and there is no zoom, even though everything is rendered in 3D just like any other 3D game. One of the Torchlight players created a camera control mod that was really cool - you could zoom in and out, pan the camera around, etc. while playing. I would love to see something like that with D3.

As far as being on the list, the game is on the game list for this site. The games listed are not necessarily MMORPG, but games that MMORPG players would be interested in. So D3 is on the general games list, and it's obviously been clicked on enough to show up in the hyped games in development section.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• HrothaHrotha Member UncommonPosts: 821

Originally posted by Icewhite

You're six months late to fight this battle.

am sorry. Account was prolly innactive. What did I do 6months ago? Yeah prolly digged out my WoW account.

What else can you do these days!

/sigh

• You can bet it's a money thing. Looking forward to the game, though, despite it not being anything like an MMO.

• BanquettoBanquetto Member UncommonPosts: 1,037

Originally posted by Axxar
    You can bet it's a money thing. Looking forward to the game, though, despite it not being anything like an MMO.

Actually the accepted wisdom on these forums is that most MMOs today are indistinguishable from Diablo, since the main game activity is to sit around and then play in an instance with a small group. Keep up with the trolling, sir!