Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Official SWG forums now wiped

superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Another sad day :(

Most recent stuff is all gone but they keep old stuff, and patch notes up to 2007

Comments

• CeridithCeridith Member UncommonPosts: 2,980

We'll never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy...

Oh wait, WoW's forums.

Still another sad day though. I really miss that game... the pre-cu version that is.

• ShaydeShayde Member Posts: 4,529

It was being used in game design classes as an example of what not to do.  $OE got jealous their stupidity could be mined for profit. They took it down.

Shayde - SWG (dead)
    Proud member of the Cabal.

imageimage
    It sounds great, so great in fact, I pitty those who canceled :( - Some deluded SWG fanboi who pities me.
    I don't like it when you say things. - A Vanguard fan who does too.
    09f911029d74e35bd84156c5635688c0

• TUX426TUX426 Member Posts: 1,907

Nice :)

Can we move on now?

• ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

SWG pre-cu will live on.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• mikalarmikalar Member Posts: 4

Another sad day for sure.  Sometimes the drama on the forums outpaced the fun in game.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086

What purpose would it serve to keep closed forums up for a canceled game? I am sure there was next to zero traffic on the old O-board and $OE realized it was time to take it down.

Originally posted by Kazara

What purpose would it serve to keep closed forums up for a canceled game? I am sure there was next to zero traffic on the old O-board and $OE realized it was time to take it down.

I wonder if LA made them close it???

• hipiaphipiap Member UncommonPosts: 393

Originally posted by TUX426

Can we move on now?

Can you?

Originally posted by Shayde

It was being used in game design classes as an example of what not to do.  $OE got jealous their stupidity could be mined for profit. They took it down.

Shayde can't.

I miss my 4 forum accounts and 65k posts.

MMO History: 2528 days in SW:G

• kakasakikakasaki Member UncommonPosts: 1,205

Sad but not unexpected. The game is gone. I truly feel sorry for all those that felt cheated after the NGE and to all that kept playing till the end. You both were victims of SOE. 

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by aktalat

Well I'm not moving on.

I'M NOT MOVING ON OK?????

Steady on ol' chap. It will get better...

A man is his own easiest dupe, for what he wishes to be true he generally believes to be true...

Originally posted by kakasaki

Sad but not unexpected. The game is gone. I truly feel sorry for all those that felt cheated after the NGE and to all that kept playing till the end. You both were victims of SOE. 

Those that played until the end were able to play and view SWG as it was..........A Game.

Those that left in 2005 and never came back....that was their choice.

Those that Left in 2005 and never stopped crying....that is their inability to move on.

Those that were there in Dec 2011 and can't let go...well...its only been about 3 months....still going to take some time.

I ain't even logged into the Flightless bird today.

Well I'm not moving on.

I'M NOT MOVING ON OK?????

Steady on ol' chap. It will get better...

Skip the 5 steps....

Go Straight to :

I think I like your way better good sir. Tip off the hat to you!

Originally posted by hipiap

Can we move on now?

Can you?

Shayde can't.

I have. Can you say the same Hippy? Shayde has too.

Don't confuse discussing SOEs failures as not being able to move on. I find it to be an AMAZING topic and one I honestly enjoy because how you can f'up the Star Wars IP is beyond me.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

Can we move on now?

Can you?

Shayde can't.

Don't confuse discussing SOEs failures as not being able to move on. I find it to be an AMAZING topic and one I honestly enjoy because how you can f'up the Star Wars IP is beyond me.

Quite easy really, Bioware (or rather LA) have done the same thing with SWTOR too. Most Star Wars games are a POS

Julio Tores was producer for KOTOR, and he was producer for SWG, and he brought in the NGE as you can see here

Bioware have produced a tonne of high rated games, and as single player game SWTOR is too, but as MMO it is complete fail, so guess they wrecked that too. SWTOR is a shell of the NGE, and all other MMOs too.

People can be awesome one moment but not awesome the next

Also I get the feeling you are just playing SWTOR because it is not SWG, and not playing/ enjoying SWTOR because of what it is. I do not believe you (or Shayde) are over SWG yet either.  When anybody said things against SWG on the SWG forums you PM'd that person congratulating them,  have you not got anything else better to do? When people say bad things about SWG you are their friend, when people say they enjoy SWG you are start insulting them. Any chance you get you try and put a positive spin on SWTOR, even if knowing it is negative at the core. I bought 3 copies of SWTOR because I was hoping it was going to be the next best thing, but sadly it was not. I was probably looking forward to SWTOR more so than you were.

SWG being gone has only been 2 months, the NGE has been over 6 years. If you are still finding the NGE an AMAZING topic then you clearly have not moved on. Anybody still not moved on after 15th Dec is still understandable, but 2005 on a game change that is similar to SWTOR. SWTOR has 8 classes, 1 less than the NGE, and no where near the 32 professions of the pre-NGE, plus a mass loads of missing features which even other MMO (non-SWG) players notice

I doubt I will move on until at least all 3D films have been screened and gone, but whilst people like you keep belittling those who liked SWG, then I doubt I will ever move on, can you not accept people liked SWG? Even discussing SWG screw up is not moving on, as SOE and LA have, and so did everyone who played SWG until the end.

Can we move on now?

Can you?

Shayde can't.

It wasn't that hard to c0ck it up.  All they had to do was Add Jedi and then Hunt for WoW Sub Numbers.

What they needed to do was easy to figure out and we both know...

Fix the Bugs......Add Content.....Ignore Nerf Cries.

But they listened to people like Jeff Freeman and Nancy McIntyre instead

• teakboisteakbois Member Posts: 2,154

The people that kept playing til the end were victims of LA, not SoE

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Good to hear. Its about time.
  • djmtottdjmtott Member Posts: 177

But SOE and Sony in general have a classy reputation. For example check out this one just recently:

"Sony Raises Whitney Houston Song Prices 30 Minutes after Singer's Death"

http://bit.ly/zcCzQo

So these are the geniuses who ran SWG into the ground, and decided that 30 minutes after a singer is found dead it's ok the quickly jack-up the price of her songs.

Can you say 'deadbeats'?

That's a terrible comparison. SOE and Sony Music are under the same umbrella but they are so far removed from each other I actually lol'd at your statement.

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

kind of feel bad for shayde to be honest.

He spent the better part of his years post CU SWG fighting it and now its gone there a void 

• BigdaddyxBigdaddyx Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Originally posted by hercules

He spent the better part of his years post CU SWG fighting it and now its gone there a void 

So he can finally move on then? good for him because everything in this world eventually comes to an end.

• William12William12 Member Posts: 680

Can we stop blaming SOE here ? This is and was 100% LUCAS ARTS.  Stop giving them a pass when yet another star wars game is having trouble because of the restrictions this shitty company puts on developers who work on star wars games.

You think SOE got greedy ?  LUCAS got greedy he seen other MMOs getting huge numbers and approved EVERY change SOE put in he is to blame not SOE.

• wrekognizewrekognize Member UncommonPosts: 388

Originally posted by William12

Can we stop blaming SOE here ? This is and was 100% LUCAS ARTS.  Stop giving them a pass when yet another star wars game is having trouble because of the restrictions this shitty company puts on developers who work on star wars games.

You think SOE got greedy ?  LUCAS got greedy he seen other MMOs getting huge numbers and approved EVERY change SOE put in he is to blame not SOE.

Yeah, let's see. SWG shut down on Dec 15th. TOR officially released on Dec 20th. The only party involved here who had rights to both games was Lucas Arts.  hmm What timing they chose.

SOE was not greedy whatsoever. They gave their players an 8 month warning that SWG would be shut down (by Lucas Arts). They could have waited until weeks before to announce it. 

• proponentproponent Member UncommonPosts: 92

If not true, I am laughing. If true, I am laughing harder.

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

Originally posted by hercules

LOL I do wonder what some of the people who hated on the players for six years are going to do with themselves.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.