Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bought Game, which server would fit me well?

rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

I just bougth the SWG the Total Experience, am installing now, im just wondering if someone could tell me based on what I like what server I would best fit into.

I am a hardcore gamer, I play A lot of hours every single day and thrive for perfection. I learned having fun in a game is very important also. I love to pvp and would enjoy active active multi person pvp in large groups as much as possible.

Downsides- I got Dial up, Im wondering if some servers tolerate that more than others.

Also I CANNOT play if there is like under 1000 people on ther server. I need lots of people to be around, I sort of feel that the less people I see the less friendships and connections have a chance of being made. Its almost like im missing out on something.

Would Also be nice if I could join a Guild asap when I join game in about 2 hours.

Il tell you a little about myself , maybe someone recruiting would be interested.

Im a hardcore gamer thats 23 years old, i live in new york. I usualy am mature but can act silly at times, and I tend to complain once in a while more than most people do. I can type very fast so I tend not to technicaly Spam chat but I do talk a lot in it almost faster than people can talk in real life :D
I am Always respectful though no matter what anyone says or does to me. In summing it all up I am a good hearted person that can be a little annoying at times but have a charm about him that people cant resist liking.

Last thing is Ventrilo is mandatory for being in guild, It barely runs on my connection at the moment. In about 3 months I will have broadband if it can wait until then, but for now I will sound really bad and willl have trouble hearing you also.

Hope to be ingame shortly. If you read all this thank you cause I know its a lot to read.

Comments

• DStrangeloveDStrangelove Member Posts: 63

Stop on by the Naritus server and look up YCS.

We are a guild based out of lok in a city called Lok and Load.

You can hit up Novarider, Delos, Verago, or Ingo if you are interested in checking us out.

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Your best bet is too look up Novarider on Naritus. He always has a very sweet package for newcomers. You can also give me a tell if you need anything and you start on Naritus as the person before me has suggested.

Otherwise I know Elnator always puts his hand out too anyone new, and he is on Lowca.

My ingame names are Marguul and Terrak, send me an email in game if you make it onto Naritus.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• rubydragon5rubydragon5 Member UncommonPosts: 693

Ok il be looking you up hopefuly soon, Ive made Some progress on the installing of the cd's :D

Just wondering, Novarider , is the guild good guys bad buys, neutral? If i wanto pvp a lot what race and class shouls I pick? and do ships you can use depend on what race or class you are?

I was thinking about being a bounty hunter cause I would like to help "control" the Jedi population (:

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

Originally posted by rubydragon5
    Ok il be looking you up hopefuly soon, Ive made Some progress on the installing of the cd's :DJust wondering, Novarider , is the guild good guys bad buys, neutral? If i wanto pvp a lot what race and class shouls I pick? and do ships you can use depend on what race or class you are?I was thinking about being a bounty hunter cause I would like to help "control" the Jedi population (:

The guild Nova is in accepts all factions and has no class / race requirements. Anyone is welcome and there are some expert Bounty Hunters in their ranks to get advice from.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Originally posted by rubydragon5

Just wondering, Novarider , is the guild good guys bad buys, neutral? If i wanto pvp a lot what race and class shouls I pick? and do ships you can use depend on what race or class you are?

Hi there,

we play a criminal syndicate that accepts everyone (any race, any profession, any faction, any level). Therefore the outlook of the guild is neutral, kinda like mercenaries. You WILL find hardcore imps and rebels both in our ranks (and we had some nice internal PvP battles already that stay friendly because we are all in the same guild). Most  equipment is given to members for free or cheap (free includes ships, ship components, vehicles, droids, grind resources, houses, cash, normal weapons, clothing ... very cheap is armor and enhanced weapons etc.). We have about 110 members (growing) at the moment. The guild is active since summer 2003 and runs a city since day 1 of player city patch that is now a metropolis on Lok.

If you want LOTS of people around you, if you are in the US, if you are into very competitive PvP, you might want to look into Bria server. However, I believe that this rather overcrowded server may be too much for your dial up, as its lag prone and not exactly know to be newbie friendly. You either sink or swim there on your own. Try both .. Bria and Naritus .. and then decide where to stay.

Have fun

Erillion

• SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602

Hey ruby you sound a lot like me and in the same position as me. I too, am after a packed server where i can pvp and meet people. I have the game installed and i am about to activate my subscription. I also know how it feels being stuck on dialup as i only got upgraded a month ago. I don't think you will be able to do largescale pvp but for smaller battles you will be fine.

Onto the server and such, with no disrespect to the recommended server, but naritus looks a little low populated but i could be wrong. Also the problem with joining a neutral guild is that i reckon it would seriously lower your pvp fun but i havn't been in a neutral guild before so i can't really say for sure.

I personally am joining eclipse as it is a perfect server for me, packed and has some Europeans who play which means that you can start early in the morning and still have the server packed throughout. Unfortunately, i can't recommend a guild because i havn't started but i know one person on the server who is helping me out and will recommend a good guild. Your welcome to tag along and see where it takes you but i can't promise you will get freebies as i am sure some of the people in the forums can give. Also the Eclipse community seems VERY good and friendly which for a populated server, is quite rare. Just read the Ahazi forums, all of their players use the standard cs/wow lingo (stfu noob, so is your mom.)

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Originally posted by Senden

Onto the server and such, with no disrespect to the recommended server, but naritus looks a little low populated but i could be wrong. Also the problem with joining a neutral guild is that i reckon it would seriously lower your pvp fun but i havn't been in a neutral guild before so i can't really say for sure.I personally am joining eclipse as it is a perfect server for me, packed and has some Europeans who play which means that you can start early in the morning and still have the server packed throughout.

Well, some advice, from someone who has tried many servers.

Ahazi has a borderline economy, a solid population but is choked witth leet dude kiddies. I have a nice character there that I never use anymore because I can't stomach the overwhelming numbers of stupid kids.

Bloodfin don't even bother. This WAS the PvP mecca server before the CU, but after the CU was unleashed, this server went straight to hell. This was my original main server, and I spent some happy time there, but post-CU the happy has left the server. It has the only economy as bad as Eclipse.

Bria has a decent economy, a huge population, assloads of PvP, but is likely to give your machine problems, as it is a little TOO populated.

Eclipse may be "packed" but its economy is so borked that it makes Bloodfin look good. I also disliked the insular, unfriendly community there. Unless you have friends who are longstanding members of large active guilds on Eclipse, you're going to sink when you go there.

Naritus the only reason I still even play SWG is that Erillion convinced me to give it one final try on Naritus. Though the servers report a lighter population there than other servers, I can't go anywhere anymore and find myself alone. Healthy economy, the best crafting population I have found on any of the servers I have tried, medium PvP activity and excellent, noob-friendly community. It doesn't get any better than this.

Radient heavy european population server, with a majority of spanish and portugese players. Okay economy, friendly community, no clue about the PvP there as my character there is strictly a crafter. I visit once a week to check/restock sales and once a month to hide for a week while I'm in fullscale bitchmode.

Starsider large population server, primarily RPcentric. Borderline economy, okay amounts of PvP. Second most insular community in the game. These people are not friendly to outsiders and noobs, but if you know someone and get intros from an insider, they open right up and become friendly. My master dancer there doesn't see much play though, since I just enjoy the flexibility of the Naritus community more.

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by azhrarn

Eclipse may be "packed" but its economy is so borked that it makes Bloodfin look good. I also disliked the insular, unfriendly community there. Unless you have friends who are longstanding members of large active guilds on Eclipse, you're going to sink when you go there.

well, as someone who plays on Eclipse (and has since launch) this is just not the case.  The economy is inflated, but still balanced in that anyone can make good money if they work at it, and this has to be the first time i have EVER seen anyone say Bria has a better economy, i mean theirs is royally scrwed since the big dupefest of last year.  It is one of the top 5 in population, at one time contending with the #1 spot.  It was once the unofficial European server and a lot of European players still play on it, so there's people online throughout the day and night.  As for unfreindly, thats just not true.  We have our share of jerks, sure, but i've seen them on every server.  We also have great tight knit communities and many PA's built ont he basis of helping out new players.  Yes we have large uber guilds (so does every other server) but many of them look forward to taking in new recruits and new players and helping them on their way.

If you want to get an idea of community, see the Eclipse forum on the official site, it's as good as place as any other to start a character.  i'm not saying any other server is bad, they all have their share of good and bad.  Many new players join Eclipse every day, and most of them get by just fine.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

• azhrarnazhrarn Member Posts: 817

Sorry, Wheez, but I tried playing there seriously on and off for about a month to make a couple of old friends happy. It is the ONLY server I have ever played on where I spent that much time in populated areas and never had a single stranger speak to me even once. Even Starsider was friendlier than that, and I thought they were pretty cold.

As for the economy, I'm a savvy shopper with a good understanding of the crafting game, and unless you are a pet of some big guild on Eclipse, you're in for a long, frustrating and difficult ride as a starting crafter there due to the outrageous costs on resources (which is passed on to inflated goods costs for the non-crafters). As a fighter, the only teams I could get on were those formed by my pre-existing friends. This is shocking to me, as for some reason, I tend to make friends fast regardless of game, timezone and playstyle.

I finally became so disgusted with Eclipse that I deleted my character there, much to the dismay of my old AO friends.

• WheezalWheezal Member UncommonPosts: 249

well, yer on and off month to my two years.  sounds like you had a singular bad experience.  it's not like that at all. 

and i'm not a pet of a big guild, i run my own small PA thats made up of a handful of friends, our Pa crafters do just fine.     so there again, it's not as you say it is.  i see many small-business crafters able to hold their own, even against the BIG PA's.  they do just fine.  sure the economy is inflated, but earning credits is easy, so it balances out.

i see newbies constantly being recruited and helped int he populated areas, and again, check out the official forums, it's a very friendly community.  i'm sorry you had a bad experience, but you seem a pretty open minded person to be bashing the entire server for what was a bad trial experience.

MMO Name: InVictus Kell
    Currently Playing:
    EVE Online

• zoey121zoey121 Member Posts: 926

Azaharn,

Very nice detailed experainces that was a good read;

Post cu played around on Ahazi leveled to cl 80 found a guild some neat experainces but over all found the inflation in that server to be the highest any where i have played to date. At a vendor outside of cnet that was fully stocked found a pair of dress shoes 250 k ( no not kidding) made me want to run back to starsider kicking and screaming going why oh why.........

Bria my favorite all time server nice selection of folks of all kinds, welcoming to new bes had groups going in esliy and bestine post cu easy to find groups, best part is all hours of day or night can find groups at lok or mining or in some player cities. Down side is lots of houses lots of buildings and lag can drive even best of machine to peices............

Starsider ( home server) i went through a rut before cu thus went visiting to Ahazi and bria

There is still pvp going on but the guilds there are you must be combatant ( on leave) but rebel/ imperial/ criminal Imperials are doing very well on that server .

The down side hard to find groups for the newer folks, lack of inclusion, no big recuriting going on for guilds and if guilds flop, it takes a while to find another .