Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Conan for Xbox

It seems like they are making Age of Conan for Xbox. Pretty sweet!

makes me want to buy an Xbox but would be better for the PS3.

http://cdon.se/spel/age_of_conan%3a_hyborian_adventures-714902

Comments

• SmikisSmikis Member UncommonPosts: 1,045

werent they making that before launch too? then abandoning because consoles just suck? that just might be some old info on some  random website noone knows..

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

AFAIK that project was dumped almost immediately after the catastrophic failure of the PC launch.

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Originally posted by InFlamestwo

It seems like they are making Age of Conan for Xbox. Pretty sweet!

makes me want to buy an Xbox but would be better for the PS3.

http://cdon.se/spel/age_of_conan%3a_hyborian_adventures-714902

Lol they have been promising that since before launch. I think its a bit like that feature listed on the box "Tavern Brawling" which pre-orders of the Ltd Ed got special drinking capes for. Tavern Brawling never materialised BTW....

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

The Xbox version was meant to follow the PC release a few months later, probably their plans was to release the game and then start working on the conversion... but with the catastrofic launch their had I guess they decided to focus their manpower into fixing the game instead. Last I heard the xbox version was put on hold indefinitively, and frankly if they didn't make it to release as a tie in to the latest conan movie, I doubt it'll ever see the light of day.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

Rumor is that Microsoft rejected it after seeing AoC PC.

Too bad at that time the complete combat system was already tailored to be played by the kids with a console controller. Got alot of pc players carpal tunnel syndrome for nothing.

• LuckyDuckyLuckyDucky Member UncommonPosts: 268

Originally posted by Volgore

Rumor is that Microsoft rejected it after seeing AoC PC.

Well yea, they took a good look at AoC and realized there is no way a console could handle the game. Most PCs back in the early going weren't able to handle it. It has just been recently that a decent gaming computer can max it out at high resolution in DX10 while mantaining playable frame rates.

"The Pen Is Mightier Than The Demo"

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

the only mmos that made it throug were phantasy star online and FFX11. All other MMORPGS were canned.  Due to XBox Live.

Edgar F Greenwood

• BilboDogginsBilboDoggins Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by huskerman34

the only mmos that made it throug were phantasy star online and FFX11. All other MMORPGS were canned.  Due to XBox Live.

Xbox live is changing to be much more friendly to subscription based games. One of the biggest problems was Microsoft points which are finally being abandoned in favor of normal currencies.

• youngkgyoungkg Member UncommonPosts: 357

Originally posted by BilboDoggins

Originally posted by huskerman34

Xbox live is changing to be much more friendly to subscription based games. One of the biggest problems was Microsoft points which are finally being abandoned in favor of normal currencies.

AOC's pricing model fits i guess...wouldnt be surprised if they didnt offer subs all together and went the b2p route for xbl.

Fits perfectly to be honest, XBL doesnt allow game devs to constantly patch over XBl and AOC never does even though im sure there will be some small exception to AOC.

EDIT: /Facepalm i thought they reannounced it..i didnt realize it was the version they scheduled at launch of the pc version lol,I dont think Microsoft cares to have an MMO on there network...they bought the rights to the Marvel Universe mmo then killed it shortly after it went into production.

• huskerman34huskerman34 Member UncommonPosts: 252

I dont see this game coming out any time soon or any other mmorpgs. Considering the majority of the console gamebase plays fps. Not only does one have to pay for a monthly subscriptons with live , but to  pay a monthly or via cash shop would not be benificail. 

Edgar F Greenwood

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the store probably never updated their site

AOC on XBOX is dead  -- news article form a year ago

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-25-no-plans-for-age-of-conan-on-xbox-360

Three years on and Funcom has finally given up on Age of Conan for Xbox 360.

The barbaric MMO was announced for Microsoft's console in 2006. Two years and many game delays later, we heard that the 360 version would arrive a year after the PC game.

In the months and years after Age of Conan was released on PC and clearly needed lots more work, Funcom staunchly stood by the 360 version's existence on - four - separate - occasions.

Today, however, executive producer Craig Morrison throws in the towel.

"There's no plans for it at the moment," he told Eurogamer.

"We would like to go there [console] at some point in the future but there's no concrete plans for Conan at this time.