Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drops

anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

I know that most items will be crafted, as they mostly were in  UO. But will there be any drops that have special attributes?

Like when you killed someone in UO you would mostly get player made armor and potions and clothes and stuff but there was always a chance they would have a nice magic sword or other item, which were dropped from creatures and mobs in the game. Will there be any drops like that in RV? The magic items in UO just made things more interesting and didnt give anyone TOO too much power, although a Vanquishing weapon did pack a heck of a lot of extra punch.

Thanks in advance for your informed replies.

Comments

• knightknifeknightknife Member Posts: 384

well my guess is that if you kill a guard, you et everything you see on the person and possibly some money or something. That is my guess since the game is supposed to be real. If you kill a player you get all his junk (finally). So if you kill an animal, my guess is you get some meat and anything an ANIMAL would drop. Killing the emperor would probably give you his sceptor or whatever. Killing an archer would give you bows and arrows. SInce the game is real you get what you see and maybe some money....thats just my best guess.

• DemsonDemson Member Posts: 23

No magic items. We did discuss 'exceptional quality' or unique items (Julius Caesar's personal armor, etc.) as reward for legendary players a long time ago but RB has said nothing on that.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378

Nice so there will be dudes you can kill to get a kewl item. Just nice to mix things up a bit and have those extra possiblities. I like player crafted stuff too, but everyone wants something that is harder to attain and thus be different.

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

There might be those rare, one-of-a-kind items. So far there has been on official word on them.

• SiphonsSiphons Member Posts: 445

Thus ends the age when rabbits carry gold up their butt. ::::18:: who thought of that anyway?!

---------------------------------------
    All you friggin suburban white kid wannabe poobutts that are in love with G-Unit are sad and pathetic. Find your own identity ::::28:: -Anarchyart

• TrakenTraken Member Posts: 172

I don't care about the gold up rabbit butts. What I find scary is a rat smaller than my foot having 4 eyes, 2 tails, 3 feet, and a tooth. That was my first ever EQ drop. I was like, "Wtf, is that possible?" Then I noticed how much money you got for them and stopped caring that.

• RazorbackRazorback Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 5,253

Yeah like snakes in EQ dropping shoes... Im like..."snakes with shoes" ???image

+-+-+-+-+-+
    "MMOs, for people that like think chatting is like a skill or something, rotflol"
    http://purepwnage.com
    -+-+-+-+-+-+
    "Far away across the field, the tolling of the iron bell, calls the faithful to their knees. To hear the softly spoken magic spell" Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

• KanothKanoth RedBedlam Comm. Mgr.Member Posts: 295

There wont be any rabbits carrying around full plate armour I'll tell you that much.  ;)

Expect to get hide, meat, etc from an animal kill.  Animal products from an animal.

"Rome wasn't coded in a day"
    - Kanoth

• Ferox(SM)Ferox(SM) Member Posts: 169

Originally posted by anarchyart
    I know that most items will be crafted, as they mostly were in UO. But will there be any drops that have special attributes?
    Like when you killed someone in UO you would mostly get player made armor and potions and clothes and stuff but there was always a chance they would have a nice magic sword or other item, which were dropped from creatures and mobs in the game. Will there be any drops like that in RV? The magic items in UO just made things more interesting and didnt give anyone TOO too much power, although a Vanquishing weapon did pack a heck of a lot of extra punch.
    Thanks in advance for your informed replies.

um... no... this is historical ancient rome, not imperator or gods and heroes hehe.

I have no doubt that it will be like UO in that npcs who show having a sword, will have the sword on the body after its killed.... however there wont be any deer with gold, and "magical gladius of vanquishing".

If you are in the EQ/WOW mindset... you will not like this game. There is no killing npcs to find uber items and carebear crap like that. Everything that is human made in the game, can be made by players, down to kilns, forges, workbenches, and walls.

Think you have what it takes to take the 'Oath of the legion' and become a true soldier of Rome?
    Service guarantees citizenship!

• Nerf09Nerf09 Member CommonPosts: 2,953

SUPERB!

This is what an economy should be like.  Nothing is created or destroyed out of thin air.  Items rust away or get burned just like in real life.  Must pay hireling wages.  No artificial rules that go against every natural or supernatural common sense.