Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thinking to try EVE

GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

Hello !

Im thinking to try eve but im not decided with what race to start with.I like Amarr and Minmatar.I like the amarr ships but the variety options to equip  minmatar.

What is your personal choose and why?

Please give me some advices too

Thank you!

Comments

• DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272

I chose galentee when I started in 2003 as I liked the back story...didn't like the idea of religious nuts or slaves or corporate people.

Starting out now I would either be caldari or Minmatar as their ships are flown lots, also ammar are good for that as well. Different training set ups for each of them though.

Galentee have hybrid guns which have just had a little balancing up on them, but not 100% sure on what people think of it as I don't theory craft in anyway :P

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Galaxo
    Hello !

Im thinking to try eve but im not decided with what race to start with.I like Amarr and Minmatar.I like the amarr ships but the variety options to equip  minmatar.
    What is your personal choose and why?
    Please give me some advices too
    Thank you!

Train Minmatar, the game is so heavily imbalanced late years that there is little point flying anything else.

Also, You can fly any ship your want, regardless of your race. Your skills are not race restricted.

• KiljaedenasKiljaedenas Member Posts: 468

I went with Caldari personally, I liked the fact that in the back-story the Caldari military tactics and technology were considered top-notch compared to the other races. It doesn't necessarily mean that is the case in-game, but the Caldari can be quite competent in many areas especially PvE. Despite what some people claim otherwise, the Minmatar are NOT the gods of everything.

One other thing to consider, with enough training you can use every ship and piece of equipment of every race, so choice of race has no effect whatsoever on your later-game strength. It only loosely defines your character's back-story, character appearance and first initial ships/equipment that you can use. Choose a race more on the backstory and appearance instead of initial equipment, i.e. what kind/race of character would really define "you" if you had the choice?

Where's the any key?

• wacked37wacked37 Member UncommonPosts: 29

Nothing in EVE is clear cut. So while I could tell you that Minmatar have a lot of versatility and require a lot of finese to pilot well, and that Amarr have fairly straight-forward tactics and beautiful ship design, there are exceptions.

• Amarr are typically slow armor tankers. But then have ships like the Imperial Navy Slicer which can be very fast.

• Minmatar are typically fast. But then can be fitted with armor plates to make them slow, close-range brawlers.

• Gallente have many drone-focused ships. But all the races use drones eventually.

• Caldari are often used for PvE activities. But they can be quite fierce in PvP also, and every race can perform well in PvE when fitted appropriately. 

All the races have ships that shine in different situations. But not all ships are at the front of the pack.

This is probably too much information to digest, but I'd suggest reading these resources:

http://evefng.blogspot.com/2012/01/amarr-ship-progression.html

http://www.evealtruist.com/search/label/know%20your%20enemy

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

Thank you all for info, im a Amarr ! :D

Btw im Zamolxe V in game if someone wanna fleet or something.

Take care!