Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pretty Cool Space RPG

brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

I have to say that for a space RPG, this game is pretty good.  You can craft, mine, and battle, and there are a lot of pretty good ships you can get.  It's a little on the complex side for gameplay, but the new update has lessened that somewhat.  As far as space MMOs are concerned, this one is the best out there.  Now, they could make it cooler by adding a land-based aspect to the game, even if it's just to walk around theplanet surface to shop and BS. :)  Plus, planetary conquest is always cool.  Anyway, if you're into space games, I would give it a shot.  Oh, one last thing:  The "level" system is a bit weird.  It's based on real time and not EXP.  Kinda cool.

Comments

• DesalusDesalus Member UncommonPosts: 848

Glad you like it.

But I have to say that developing 3d avatars that can walk around in stations and on planets, just to be able to buy items and talk to agents would be a big waste of time for CCP. I'd rather have them focus on the part of the game that actually matters.

---------------------------------------------
    Killer 86%, Socializer 53%, Explorer 33%, Achiever 26%

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

I rather enjoy being stuck in a ship. It doesn't make things as confusing. It would be nice to swoop down onto planets but it would be a ton of work. I wouldn't care if I could walk around. It would be great enough just being able to go into a planets atmosphere, have some battles in the sky, attack bases and vehicles on the ground, or being able to dock/land at a base on the ground. Maybe in EVE 2 in like 5 years ::::20::

• CennCenn Member Posts: 239

I dont think so much of flying in atmosphere.. The scale of the ships is all wrong.

Most frigates are bigger that a boing 747!!!

• ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

Yeah it would be pretty ackward to "fly" the current ships in a planets atmosphere especially since they obviously weren't even made to fly. I just want to touch the planets they look so welcoming but they are a tease. Just within reach yet we can do nothing but admire ::::03::

• scaramooshscaramoosh Member Posts: 3,424
    I would like to be able to get out on Yulai stations and go to a pub in there and chat to ppl like SWG

---------------------------------------------
    Don't click here...no2

• adoulouadoulou Member UncommonPosts: 25

it's a very recurrent topic :)

yep it would be nice... but superficial too...

I prefer CCP working on improvements that matter...

• hicks26hicks26 Member Posts: 142

I would like to be able to see oceans on the planets when flying past etc. I know would mean a lot more work, but the game is eye candy and just a little bit more would be good :)

HQ - Aedald VIII - Moon 5 - Republic Military School
    Office - Lustrevik III - Moon 2 - Quafe Company
    Warehouse

CCP showed at fanfest 2004 a video of an overflight of a planet...

• BarrowBarrow Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by brihtwulf
    Now, they could make it cooler by adding a land-based aspect to the game, even if it's just to walk around theplanet surface to shop and BS. :)

As cool a feature that would be CCP have stated on numerous occasions they dont want to add 1st person feature into the game unless players could shoot and kill each other while in 1st person mode.

This would mean a completely new gaming engine and a new approach in design for the game itself.

I think most if not all players in eve would like the devs to concentrate on more pressing matters concerning the current gameplay :)

Space combat, I would like to get out of the ship while in a station and head to say a Bar to have a drink, sort of a lobby for people to meet in and chat etc.

Warehouse

• BarrowBarrow Member Posts: 48

Originally posted by hicks26
    Space combat, I would like to get out of the ship while in a station and head to say a Bar to have a drink, sort of a lobby for people to meet in and chat etc.

Agree that it would be fun. But wouldnt it be far better to fix Player Owned Station security management? Or add some content for the PvE'ers in eve? or fix lag in large pvp battles? the list of possible improvements to the existing game is endless.

Eve's 3D renderer cant as far as I know render characters in 3D and I doubt CPP or the major group of players in eve would want to allocate resources into creating a new 3D client for social reasons only..

I really dont understand why it would be beneficial for the game to have 3D avatars for the only purpose of walking to a station bar, Earth and Beyond did that and look where they are now.

True, there is still a list of things they need to fix. Lag isn't a major issue for me atm as I don't seem to suffer as much, and I am prolly one of the players who live the furtherest away (Australia).

With what I suggested would only be something that is further down the track, I never played E&B so I wouldn't know, and you dont need a fully 3D environment, if worse came to worse, I would float around in my egg of doom and have a beer.

I made a suggestion on the eve forums as well that there needs to be some sort of mission setup where you can do them as a Corp team, rewards would be equipment for a station, good standings to help lower refining etc... So there is a few improvements that need to happen. Then again, you may know of more in other area's. I have only been playing for 2 months now and a bit of that has been spent helping out friends that join so not a lot of time for me to run around PvPing etc.

Warehouse

missions with corp rewards... it's a very nice idea :)