Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it just me....

ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

or this forum veeeery quiet, compaired to the other forums? Quite strange for a number 1 hyped game i would say. Or The GW playerbase very small?

I'm not familier with GW, so dunno if it's normal

CHEERS!

Comments

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

What's there to talk about except screenshots & fake release dates. Everything else has been discussed to death and the forums will become lively again, once some new shiny feature is reveal (namely WvWvW).

• FareasFareas Member Posts: 75

Originally posted by Master10K

What's there to talk about except screenshots & fake release dates. Everything else has been discussed to death and the forums will become lively again, once some new shiny feature is reveal (namely WvWvW).

If you read behind whats being posted on the forums you can see nearly every thread is about GW2... hehe even if GW2 isn't mentionned directly.

• grimm6thgrimm6th Member Posts: 973

Originally posted by Thodra

or this forum veeeery quiet, compaired to the other forums? Quite strange for a number 1 hyped game i would say. Or The GW playerbase very small?

CHEERS!

most of the less fact driven discussions about GW2 have kind of found there way onto other parts of this site, not that I mind.

Anyways, yeah, almost everything has been discussed to death and all we get to do here is inform people just finding out about the game.

I used to TL;DR, but then I took a bullet point to the footnote.

• Master10KMaster10K Member Posts: 3,065

Originally posted by Fareas

If you read behind whats being posted on the forums you can see nearly every thread is about GW2... hehe even if GW2 isn't mentionned directly.

True, but the OP isn't talking about the SW:TOR and Rift forums. image

• ThodraThodra Member UncommonPosts: 444

Yea i have notice some talk in SWTOR forums. I guess the GW community is spread around :-)

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777

Yea i have notice some talk in SWTOR forums. I guess the GW community is spread around :-)

I say we have too many... only so much to talk about with the news. Heck, we're so starved Massively is making a big deal about 2 pics of armour seen in PvP, and it ALREADY HAS 158 COMMENTS! It is 2 pics of armour, and it has over 150 comments. Heck, we're so starved we make random threads about nothing other than that we don't talk enough. We are so starved, we make African Children seem like they eat like kings (Lol, I had to).

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

There are threads that have a very good compilation of all the information we have this far.  Every new thread that is based on an opinion just turns into a trollfest. I pretty much prepare myself to be banned everytime I post in a GW2 themed thread.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

That when drama happens or crazy assumptions, they usually get knocked out with links, amd then qq till it gets old after a day.

Yep, and Tera Beta is about to come out.

Like already mentioned fake release dates an looking at screenshots, I'm glade there aren't threads made to cause drama so far(But there will be upon release and OB).

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

Originally posted by KingJiggly

I say we have too many... only so much to talk about with the news. Heck, we're so starved Massively is making a big deal about 2 pics of armour seen in PvP, and it ALREADY HAS 158 COMMENTS! It is 2 pics of armour, and it has over 150 comments. Heck, we're so starved we make random threads about nothing other than that we don't talk enough. We are so starved, we make African Children seem like they eat like kings (Lol, I had to).

Very, very true. I am really hoping these screenshots being released to a modest sized fan site are an indication of a lot more stuff being released for our consumption moving forward.

Up to now, the outreach to MMO sites, fan sites and even the use of social media have been extremely lack luster. They really need to start feeding the fan's hunger and building a social media footprint.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Like the man said, we're all wayting on new information..

Arenanet does not let much room for discussion as so far they are very clear about their product and what to expect.  On top of that there is not a lot of criticisme and naysayers yet, so the typical Yes/No discussion threads are almost non excistant compared to that other big game just released.  So far its been a Yes/Dontknowyet discussion.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

{mod edit}

Any proof for that?

• AlotAlot Member Posts: 1,948

{mod edit}

• Dream_ChaserDream_Chaser Member Posts: 1,043

When we have something valid to talk about, we will. To be honest, I think there's already a lot of spam knocking around that doesn't need to be. Such as the "Who's trying their hardest to be an unwavering, unflappable xenophobe, and who's trying to do The Inquisition proud?!" poll threads. :p

When there's something valid for us to talk about, liike when ArenaNet release anything of worth, there will be talking. Until then it's just going to be a lot of chaff, really.

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

CHEERS!

I think partly it's because not a lot of people know about it.  GW2 has 2800 hype votes whereas SWTOR had 4300 I think.  But it's actually still a lot more hype votes than ArcheAge or TSW.

They haven't started marketing yet, so I can understand people outside the gaming community not having heard of it (250,000 facebook likes for GW2 as opposed to 1.6 million for SWTOR), but I'm always kind of suprised when people on this site don't seem to know anything about it.  It seems like over the past year there's a good number of posts in the Pub which say something like, "wouldn't it be great if we could get an MMO which has features X, Y and Z, but it's never going to happen" when what they're asking for will be in GW2.

It'll be interesting to see what happens to this forum when the game releases. 

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007