Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Playing Outside North America

124»

Comments

• SorrowSorrow Member Posts: 1,195

ROFLMAO

Guess they never heard of proxy or VPN's, trust me I am not that computer savy, but even I can get around IP blocks to play asian games all the time.

And that brings us to an old saying I stand by....

" Outlaw guns, and only outlaws will have guns. "

Block IP's and only rule breaker players from those countrys will be playing.

Not to mention IP blocking is NEVER about protecting customers, its about the companies protecting thier distribution and liscensing agreements.

Oh and some of the best friends I've ever made playing online games are from England, Germany, Japan, and Austrailia.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

They are ignoring the market opportunities and discriminating players all over the world! I live in Russia and I am not involved in any illegal activities, why the hell am I being branded as an e-criminal? It seems to me  like a very agressive kind of nationalism US often tends to be associated with. Maybe they should block the IPs of the black people as well? Uh... US laws wouldn't allow this right? But there is nothing concerning russian people and their equal rights in the US laws... is there?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

that just cuts the server population by a lot... There are cyber criminals and hackers in America as well so the problem will still be there. Although it wont bother me, i would like to play with people outside of America too... but once Blade and Soul come out ill forget about TERA so they can do with their population what they please.

• DaddyDarkDaddyDark Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Majinash

The problem I have is that the cyber criminals who do all that stuff know exactly how to get around IP blocking.  I don't mind blocking off people from a game if there were some benifit, but I feel like this ONLY hurts legit players, for pretty much zero gain.

Absolutely brilliant comment...

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563
    Well looks like I'll keep with swtor. It may not be the greatest game but as a service member atleast I can access my account anywhere I'm stationed and that so happens to be korea atm. I know I can go thru a proxy but why should I have to use one as a legit gamer.
    Stuff like this will definitely hurt their subscription numbers just based on amount of service members, spouses, dependents, Government employees etc...that can't play or choose not to due to the high probability of coming down on orders to these regions that are ip blocked.
  • pasarmalampasarmalam Member UncommonPosts: 7

I give it 6 months and wait for server merges.

From my experience with NA based server games except wow..

Most of  the games looses a good chunk of its player base after first 3 months.

With IP blocks there will be even less people playing.So it would probably drop fast.

And its not a basic click and attack game so it will require more skills and alot will give up within first 2 months.

The people who QQ the most is the NA American player base anway..so if its fuked up they are the 1st ones to unsub..So with the declining pop and the IP blocked Asian,african arabs etc = Dead servers.

Good luck TERA  NA  .