Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TERA: Playing Outside North America

Comments

• DekahnDekahn Member UncommonPosts: 90

Thanks god

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

Ive always play in N.A or Oceanic servers, as  most players here prefer to be in an English language speaking servers. 

So now players from Singapore , Malaysia etc have to play in China server?

Not to be negative, but Tera with is Asianic and non-tab targeting most likely wouldnt get as many subs like Tor or Wow.

So what happens if the pop drops and need a merger? We merge with Koreans or Jap?

RIP Orc Choppa

• tankknattankknat Member UncommonPosts: 68

• snapfusionsnapfusion Member Posts: 954

Originally posted by drbaltazar

oh well another game that think global gaming is just a phase that will go away!lol

How does me an english speaking North American find any value playing a game with somebody from the other side of world, in a different time zone  that I cant communicate with in an MMO.  Ill answer for you, none, no value to me what so ever.  Unless maybe I needed a couple thousand gold.......

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    there's player From n.a that plays during oceanic timing, due to their working .hours.

you can see quite a few of them from.wow forums in the maintenance thread

RIP Orc Choppa

• bobobongbobobong Member Posts: 2

Account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior? Thier just being racist and ignorant just like SOPA. Without global players, TERA would die as quick as Vindictus and any other ip blocked games did due to the lack of players. O well, seems like we gotta use proxy again.

• bobobongbobobong Member Posts: 2

Originally posted by snapfusion

Originally posted by drbaltazar

oh well another game that think global gaming is just a phase that will go away!lol

How does me an english speaking North American find any value playing a game with somebody from the other side of world, in a different time zone  that I cant communicate with in an MMO.  Ill answer for you, none, no value to me what so ever.  Unless maybe I needed a couple thousand gold.......

There are plenty of people who speak perfect english even if thier not from America. For example, people from Singapore. Your statement is seriously ignorant. In the first place, how could a person even play the game if he cant understand its language let alone communicate ingame.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    IP blocking, yech. Not a big fan of that on principle. Although, I can understand why they'd want to do it, but sucks if you live in those regions and just wanna play the game.
  • red_cruiserred_cruiser Member UncommonPosts: 486

This is great news.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

So once again Australia is getting the shaft.......or?

Edit: Nevermind found the support page

http://tera-support.enmasse.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/147

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• HikaruuHikaruu Member CommonPosts: 103
    If this is the case Koreans should be banned from KTERA

• narakuunarakuu Member Posts: 348

I like how the kids (or the adults with non-developed intelligence) read the news and say "ah I'm not affected and thus I shall not care" but when they are the ones afflicted all hell breaks lose, selfish and narrow minded people who dont understand that something that affects people negatively can one day also affect them.

People who seem to think that doing this will actually stop hackers from playing the game can add "ignorance" to the list of things that they excel within.

This does not affect me btw as I dont live in any of the mentioned countries, just thought the level of stupidity from the comments was slightly frustrating even if its not suprising.

• synnsynn Member UncommonPosts: 563

what about military gamers stationed in those areas with blocked IPs or come down on orders to get stationed in those regions after they already subscribed???

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Originally posted by Tablix

I see this as narrow minded and xenophobic, I could counter that western companies are money grabbing ,so personally refuse to support their products in favour of games from the far east or indie companies.  There are plenty of avid gamers all around the world that take no part in illegal activity, yet they are now being branded so by a company that does not WANT to invest in infrastructure to support these players.  The company is cutting costs and using media images of gold sellers and hackers to hide behind.

Call be cynical but it wont affect me so I have no reason to be biased

I hear this complaint and then I see things like Square Enix aquiring Edios and making Laura Croft Asian knowing shes an American. Then I see things like The US trying to make a Akira movie they legally obtained rights to then getting protested against and being forced to stop production on said movie for making Akira american.  It seems to me that your logic is flawed and that "The Western " has let other countries topple over it so much they're tired of all the problems they are getting from certain contries Gold Farming and are putting up IP blocks to insure these certain contires no longer drag the "Money Grubbers" cash from there pockets illegally.

Originally posted by Lobotomist

LOL

Good move! Blocking 1/3 of your potential player base!

Thats always good for the buisness.

But than again, there will be no buisness because they never going to launch anyway. Due to lawsuit with NCsoft.

Yes, But we all know That 1/3rd is the one eberyone complains about Spamming general,world,lfg,or the main towns going SELLING GOLD 100k FOR 22$ USD SPECIAL RATE!!!!, Or the ones in PVP that has a ping of 300 plus when they know anything above 100 is lagging bragiing about there mad skills when they teleport around you because there lag is so bad that it ruins the pvp exp like Gunz,Exteel,Dragon Nest,C21-Online,Cosmic Break, American Army, The list can go on but does it need to.

I'm personally all for getting along with other countries where ping isn't important in games for pvp FF11,FF14,Lineage2,Ragnarok Online, like the list at the top could go on forever. The problem that I find thou is that when another country blocks us were supposed to go we understand South Korea=All games(Cause it's only greedy Westerners) If we do it however we are scum and deserve to die.

Thank you for blocking other contries so we can stop being abused and being discriminated against. I support this 100%!!!!!

• RolanStormRolanStorm Member UncommonPosts: 198

Explanation is plain stupid. There is no hacker that will be discouraged by this measure. There are always proxies and they are cheap and numerous. And that's only one way to evade ip block.

Most people who will be discouraged are probably decent players from regions named. So if it's for security it solves nada. To think this whole endeavor stinks.

• TylonTylon Member UncommonPosts: 51

This will not stop 1 single hacker or gold farmer. That is a fact.

It is trivial for people who know anything about the internet to use a proxy. It will stop genuine players who are not as internet savvy however.

• rsrestonrsreston Member UncommonPosts: 346

Again, a lot of people is being hurt by the actions of a few. I'm sad, but even sadder by the reactions of the other members of these forums: no compassion to your fellow Human.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Saying that people from that part of the world cannot speak English is not correct. Are you aware that India, Malaysia and Singapore while it was part of Malaysia were all former British colonies. Most of us speak fluent English.

Chamber of Chains
  • lifehuelifehue Member Posts: 77

That is just so wrong, I'm from the Middle East, and I know for a fact that there is a huge amount of honest MMO gamers from here. I was honastly thinking of trying this game out when it's launched but sadly now it seems I will be IP blocked AND be labeled as an offender!

I just hope that other gaming companies don't go that route, otherwise all of us honest middle eastern gamers will not be able to play MMOs at all.

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by Tablix

I see this as narrow minded and xenophobic, I could counter that western companies are money grabbing ,so personally refuse to support their products in favour of games from the far east or indie companies.  There are plenty of avid gamers all around the world that take no part in illegal activity, yet they are now being branded so by a company that does not WANT to invest in infrastructure to support these players.  The company is cutting costs and using media images of gold sellers and hackers to hide behind.

Call be cynical but it wont affect me so I have no reason to be biased.

This

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• radeskradesk Member Posts: 11

Worst move ever made. The ip block never kept anyone from playing vindictus and laggin the whole server, but since it's p2p...

• StSynnerStSynner Member Posts: 123

i am happy with this news. good job, EM.

• MuktukMuktuk Member UncommonPosts: 84

Great news.  Shows that they are serious about making the NA release a win.

• lalartulalartu Member UncommonPosts: 437

sucks for me kind of because

1 - I won't be able to play it from outside of NA

2 - everybody who speaks English on the K-Tera server will be gone to play the English version and I'll be left alone twindling my thumbs with Korean speakers and their supreme gaming skills.

I review lots of indie games and MMORPGs

• Jasper82Jasper82 Member Posts: 2

Only word i can find,  Stillbirth 

----------------------------------------------------

Dear Devolopers of Tera,

"the vast majority of Internet traffic we see from these regions are from cyber-criminals relating to account theft, gold-farming and other hacking behavior."

This is a lie of a spoilt child. While we are waiting for pandas in WoW, people should lough for this statement. Make it real and just say u are not big Enough.... 

No pain
    No gain