Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Warcraft 3 is better than World of Warcraft...heres why..

VegaaVegaa Member Posts: 34

Maybe its like comparing apples and oranges but here goes..

Warcraft 3 is a game in which you have fun, because it is an actual 'game' like chess. You get everything you need to play the game right from the start. Anything else you need you can get in that same game. This gives all Warcraft 3 players an equal oppritunity to get all items in a particular map in a short period of time, in order so that they may play the 'game' and all be on an even level playing ground. Brains and stategy detremine who will win the 'game'. Mininum time investment is required to play this 'game' because everything is given to you. Games can last from less than a minunte to a couple of hours. No new content is nessecary because it is the 'game' that players focus on. Games are suprisingly 'fun', and 'fun' is what will keep players coming back for more and more and years and years::::24:: Its also free to play.::::39::

World of Warcraft is not a game. It is more like a job or going to work. Its greulling, monotonous, and sometimes horribly boring. You have to 'work' for anything you want to get or even to just level your character up. All good items have to be 'worked' for requiring huge investments of personal time, in order that your character be on the same even level playing field that the rest of the players are on. Time investment into your character in order to obtain the "best stuff" is what deterimes who will win battles. You will spend days and months trying to get the "best stuff" for your character because nothing is given to you. New content is nessecary because there is no 'game' to play, only 'things' to 'work' for. Work is suprisingly shitty and the vast majority of people hate 'work'. Most people have to 'work' 5 days a week in RL in order to earn a living and dont want to 'work' in a game, if you can call it that. 'Work' is what will make players quit World of Warcraft and make them never want to come back.::::07::. Also you have to pay 20 dollars a month to play this game and most of the time, will be left in the dark as to what the developers are spending your money on(i,e game changes, content).

I have played Warcraft 3 for many years, my props go out to the developers of this game. Its is truly unequaled by any other game to date. A masterpiece.::::08:: . Warcraft 3 is light and easy and best of all it is fun to play!

Sadly, I was hoping World of Warcraft would have been made with the same genius and 'fun' factor as Warcraft 3. I had hoped the developers would make a 'game' out of it, instead they made a 'job' out of it. World of Warcraft is heavy and I quit after about 5 months of this 'work'.::::15::

Hell, I dont even have a job and I still dont want to work in a game! Warcraft 3 all the way baby!::::39::

Comments

• TansTans Member Posts: 240

Hey, want to know something that will blow most of your argument out of the water?

Warcraft 3 and World of Warcraft are two completely different (type of) games.

---------------------------------------
    Why are you reading this? This is crap compared to what's above.

• VegaaVegaa Member Posts: 34

Tans, read the first line.::::19:: Yes they are different, but similar in so many ways.

• FilipinoFuryFilipinoFury Member Posts: 1,056

You seem to know ZERO about MMO's. Why the hell would you want all of the cool items just handed to you? It doesnt make any sense why just hand a level 60 item to a level 1. It would just be pointless. If you wanted to do that just make everybody one level then it would be a endless cycle of hunting your argument is completly pointless. It looks like you didnt do any quests and just grinded for all of eternity. You can eaisly play this game casually and not pour endless hours into it. I dont see how you can call this game work. how can you compare office work to Wow. Of course Wow is more funner (idiot). I guess you can do paperwork for my doctor downtown looking for a new fileing lady.This game is one of the easiests games to level in.Of course the game is going to cost money. How do you think they pay for server mantince andbandwidth or whatever or pay employes.Wow and Warcraft 3 are to diffrent games why in gods fuck would you think about comparing the 2 games and for that matter take the time to post it on a fourm.

On Time? On Target? Never Quit?

[quote]Originally posted by bulldogg

you seem to know ZERO about MMO's. Why the hell would you want all of the cool items just handed to you? It doesnt make any sense why just hand a level 60 item to a level 1. It would just be pointless. If you wanted to do that just make everybody one level then it would be a endless cycle of hunting your argument is completly pointless.

For fun::::19::

Wow and Warcraft 3 are to diffrent games why in gods fuck would you think about comparing the 2 games and for that matter take the time to post it on a fourm. (The part I edited and added in later) You just seem lazy to me.

Originally posted by bulldogg
    Wow and Warcraft 3 are to diffrent games why in gods fuck would you think about comparing the 2 games and for that matter take the time to post it on a fourm. (The part I edited and added in later) You just seem lazy to me.
    For fun and Im bored ::::01::

That isnt even an acceptable answer. . . .

• AtohAtoh Member UncommonPosts: 107

Hmm... too bad multiplayer right now in Warcraft 3 is based around who can manage peons(or whoever your playing as) better, so they can rush faster.  For me, wc3 killed the warcraft series... i heartily dislike the RPG/RTS hybrids. But that's not the point of this thread. Comparing an RTS to an MMORPG is like comparing the benifits of having a little speedboat to a cruise liner... it is, as you said, apples to oranges. I personally had fun in the three months i played it, you wanna know why? Because I realized it's not geared towards hardcore grinding. In those three months I got one character to 31, and another to 22. WoW has soooo much to offer, if you only look. I went around, looking for books ingame that I could read, simply because they usually contained some interesting lore, or explanations for why things are in the game. I would sit and watch an ogre for 5 minutes, just to see the two heads start arguing and punching each other.

You go on about stuff the lack of stuff being "given" to you. If they were to do that, then, why play the game? if you had the same weapons, the same armor as damn near everyone else of your class, wheres the "fun" in that? Honestly... is WoW your first MMO? It seems like it must have been.  Just handing everything out to players is not only just stupid, but bad for buisness for the company.... What's the point of playing for more than a month, if your just fighting or fighting with carbon-copies of yourself?

I'd say, from your post, that MMO's are not a game style for you... You should stick to RTS games, lest you get disappointed again, and fill these forums with even more useless posts. image

• KaneKane Member Posts: 780

Let me give you a tip; if you think WoW feels like work, give up on MMORPGs entirely. This is the easiest to get into and just plain fun MMO available (depth is another matter for another thread). If you can't find fun in it, then MMOs probably are NOT a good idea for you.

• angerrangerr Member Posts: 865

Originally posted by Vegaa

Warcraft 3 is a game in which you have fun, because it is an actual 'game' like chess. You get everything you need to play the game right from the start. Anything else you need you can get in that same game. This gives all Warcraft 3 players an equal oppritunity to get all items in a particular map in a short period of time, in order so that they may play the 'game' and all be on an even level playing ground. Brains and stategy detremine who will win the 'game'. Mininum time investment is required to play this 'game' because everything is given to you. Games can last from less than a minunte to a couple of hours. No new content is nessecary because it is the 'game' that players focus on. Games are suprisingly 'fun', and 'fun' is what will keep players coming back for more and more and years and years::::24:: Its also free to play.::::39::

World of Warcraft is not a game. It is more like a job or going to work. Its greulling, monotonous, and sometimes horribly boring. You have to 'work' for anything you want to get or even to just level your character up. All good items have to be 'worked' for requiring huge investments of personal time, in order that your character be on the same even level playing field that the rest of the players are on. Time investment into your character in order to obtain the "best stuff" is what deterimes who will win battles. You will spend days and months trying to get the "best stuff" for your character because nothing is given to you. New content is nessecary because there is no 'game' to play, only 'things' to 'work' for. Work is suprisingly shitty and the vast majority of people hate 'work'. Most people have to 'work' 5 days a week in RL in order to earn a living and dont want to 'work' in a game, if you can call it that. 'Work' is what will make players quit World of Warcraft and make them never want to come back.::::07::. Also you have to pay 20 dollars a month to play this game and most of the time, will be left in the dark as to what the developers are spending your money on(i,e game changes, content).

I have played Warcraft 3 for many years, my props go out to the developers of this game. Its is truly unequaled by any other game to date. A masterpiece.::::08:: . Warcraft 3 is light and easy and best of all it is fun to play!
    Sadly, I was hoping World of Warcraft would have been made with the same genius and 'fun' factor as Warcraft 3. I had hoped the developers would make a 'game' out of it, instead they made a 'job' out of it. World of Warcraft is heavy and I quit after about 5 months of this 'work'.::::15::

Hell, I dont even have a job and I still dont want to work in a game! Warcraft 3 all the way baby!::::39::

sorry to say bit if you feel this way then "no" mmorpg will be good enough for you. i mean wow is one of the funest non tedius mmo's out there, also its not 20 dollers a month and this fee is needed so content gets changed. go play war3 if you wanna play a hacked game thats "easy" and thats "not" a mmorpg. again you have made it ovious that mmorpg's are not for you witch i understand but it is a game and lots of people have fun playing it and other mmorpg's.

read this http://www.vanguardsoh.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1044304#post1044304 then come back and talk to me about the vanguard/soe fiasco.....

• RudnocRudnoc Member Posts: 208

Well obviously the original poster likes RTS games and feels "playing" at MMO"RPG" game is like "working".

Hey, I can understand you completely, however if you get your whole post and change Warcraft 3 to World of Warcraft and then change World of Warcraft to Warcraft 3. Then it then fits to how I see things.

To me RTS games are like "work". You have to build up things and mass produce to go fight another and then destroy what is built so one of you have to rebuild.

In WoW you adventure and be part of a storyline as an individual character. All the things you bring up about WoW is exactly what a lot of people do that shouldn't be a focus while playing a MMO. You are too concerned about leveling and getting the so called "best stuff". That is one of the largest problems of the MMO community. People thinking it is some sort of rat race to get to the end. When in fact it is all about community, character and playing a roll. I think the other genres like RTS and FPS have been too much of an influence on a lot of people, which they tend to not only expect that in a RPG but most tend to push that element in the RPG genre, mainly in MP or MMO games.

People need to learn to be less focused on competition and more focused on community and playing a role that you are good at.  That enables us and you to use good roll skills to decide how to deal with the environment rather than just trying to somehow be above the other in a shallow vision of level, equipment and combat. They are not only very shallow skills, but they are really outside of the focus of what RPG means. Everytime the RPG community gets hit with a big title it attracts others from other genres and they bring with them the same concepts of them other genres and expect it to function properly. Then when it doesn't, they start comparing their favorite style of play to the other.

Anyway, if you even agree that it would be comparing apples to oranges, why are you doing it anyway?

Here is another concept for you as well... What you may think of as work could be fun for another. What you see as fun, could seem as work to another.

Originally posted by Atoh
    You go on about stuff the lack of stuff being "given" to you. If they were to do that, then, why play the game? if you had the same weapons, the same armor as damn near everyone else of your class, wheres the "fun" in that? Honestly... is WoW your first MMO?

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Well since there is no 'game' to speak of in World of Warcraft, if everything was given to you, then the game would be completely pointless. I agree. Its more of a work for this work for that kind of game. Its unfortunate but true. Not what i had hoped for, but if you like it, thats great.

If every one had the same weapons and armor then skill and intelligence would determine who would win battles. That is fun. I cant understand why all MMORPG's follows the same boring crappy formula of 'get this' and 'get that' instead of putting a 'game' into their game that players can play.( I know wow has Battle Grounds, thats hardly a game, same shit different name.) The game would then be focused around the stategy and skill of the 'game' in the game. All players being equal and having equal lvl gear, rather than items and level determining how good your character is. Unreal 2: XMP for anyone who played it, is a awsome example of a 'game'. Now add that formula to a MMORPG and you got an awsome game.The role playing part being the actual playing of the first person character. Not 1 of 1000 boring shit quests.::::28::

[quote]Originally posted by Kane

Let me give you a tip; if you think WoW feels like work, give up on MMORPGs entirely.

Thanks for the advice, and I have given them up completely.::::19::::::04::::::33::::::16::

OMG, this shit is too funny, thanks for the laughs guys.::::31::

• RudnocRudnoc Member Posts: 208

[quote]Originally posted by Kane

Let me give you a tip; if you think WoW feels like work, give up on MMORPGs entirely.

Thanks for the advice, and I have given them up completely.::::19::::::04::::::33::::::16::

Not trying to seem rude at all, but what is your point in this then?

For someone that is 24 yrs old you are starting to show us you are just here like a 12 yr old to do a "HAHAHA RTS rules and RPG are for nerds".

Your information of RPG's are very shallow and your recent posts only show that you still don't listen to the fact that RPG's aren't based on what you think and still your focus is still on simple concepts of RTS and FPS. Even your own posts show that when you use UT as an example.

• TyrgrisTyrgris Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Atoh
    You go on about stuff the lack of stuff being "given" to you. If they were to do that, then, why play the game? if you had the same weapons, the same armor as damn near everyone else of your class, wheres the "fun" in that? Honestly... is WoW your first MMO?

Thanks for sharing your opinion. Well since there is no 'game' to speak of in World of Warcraft, if everything was given to you, then the game would be completely pointless. I agree. Its more of a work for this work for that kind of game. Its unfortunate but true. Not what i had hoped for, but if you like it, thats great.

First off, you claiming there is no "Game" in WoW is an opinion and not a fact. Secondly, I don't see where you are pointing out that WoW is a game of "work" just because of doing something to get something. It doesn't make sense and the only thing I can conclude from your logic is. If you have to use your brain, it is work. I am sorry but so far in all your posts that is what you seen to be saying.

If every one had the same weapons and armor then skill and intelligence would determine who would win battles. That is fun. I cant understand why all MMORPG's follows the same boring crappy formula of 'get this' and 'get that' instead of putting a 'game' into their game that players can play.( I know wow has Battle Grounds, thats hardly a game, same shit different name.) The game would then be focused around the stategy and skill of the 'game' in the game. All players being equal and having equal lvl gear, rather than items and level determining how good your character is. Unreal 2: XMP for anyone who played it, is a awsome example of a 'game'. Now add that formula to a MMORPG and you got an awsome game.The role playing part being the actual playing of the first person character. Not 1 of 1000 boring shit quests.::::28::

Well, this whole paragraph shows you don't even understand the first thing about MMORPG's. Obviously you need to have dupe copies of things so your strategy is very simple. In RTS games everyone having the same thing makes it easy to either win or lose. In RPG's it is based on more indepth things. Not talking just WoW here espeically since now we all can realize you are downing MMORPG's in general.

In MMORPGs and most RPGS like D&D and others, tactical and strategy isn't so simplified as RTS games that are streamline dupes as in just Command & Conquer. The name itself implies the concepts of how RTS functions in the first place. Now in RPG games you don't just use higher or lower to determine the results of a battle. In RPG's you can have a lower level kill a higher level. Which is all dependant on a vast variety of things. Armor, weapon, tactic, strategy and type of armor, weapon and other things. You have to be concerned with elements, type of damage and a whole lot of other things to configure. Now, to you that my be work, but to a lot of us it takes "BOREDOM" out of simple tactics like the RTS genre has.

As to what rudnoc said about what seems as work for one my seem like fun for another. Which it does make a lot of sense. To some, figuring out all those things to help them raise above and win a battle can be very rewarding and challenging. To others like you it would seem as work. For you, you enjoy simple biuld them up and if I have advanced my guys in a higher rank then I will win in numbers and destroy their village. To the ones that like complicated measures with tacxtics and stretegy, it would seem boring and redundant. I myself would fall asleep while clicking the mouse over and over giving commands to a bunch of guys I looped to repeat attacks over and over again. It just doesn't seem challenging enough to be interesting. That my friend is not "fun" or a type of "game" I would want to play. So, just because you don't like to figure out complicated things or follow a story plot that can get very interesting or provide multiple paths doesn't make it not a game.

Your time of thinking of it is not a game unless I think it is not a game only shows us how shallow you are and can only see what you think is fun. Now, for the better part of yourself. Go back to your RTS gaming and your W3 and leave the more intellegent gaming to us....GAME to me doesn't equal how fast you can click a mouse....And niether does it prove you have any skills or stretegic knowledge. Infact, it only shows the lack thereof.

Finally, telling us Unreal is what a game should be only verifies how lame brain you are. Plus it only shows us you have no skills except hand-eye coordniation and the ability to line up the mouse and click at the right moment. Hmm, sounds like you would make a good assembly line worker. Now that my friend is work.

1 of 1000 boring quests????? Hmmm something tells me you grew up having your momy read books to you and all you really did was look at the pretty pictures.

• OdenathusOdenathus Member UncommonPosts: 605

I read your post.
    I don't want to flame you, so I'm going to try and give you a ... counter opinion?

WarCraft 3 is indeed an "apple"
    World of Warcraft is indeed an "orange"

You cannot really compare the two. Some people like apples, some people like oranges, some people are allergic to one or the other and some people don't really have an opinion and will eat either.

Computer games are similiar.

WC3 is an RTS. Thats "Real Time Strategy", and as you mentioned, yes, thats Chess. Each piece has certain movements, certain powers and certain values. Each side has pieces with similar potential. The object of the RTS is to see who can manipulate their pieces the most efficiently, to "beat" the other player, or "win" -> "end game"

WoW is a MMOG. Thats "Massive Muliplayer Online Game", and also, as you mentioned, thats different than Chess. MMOGs tend to be RPG based, at least in story line. Each "piece" has a different "value". Also, this value can be changed (altered) by extended play, by completing quests and/or acquiring gear. Each "item" can be added to your piece, making the value/movements/potential of that piece different than it was and/or different than any other piece in the game. The combinations are limited only by the willingness of the player to progress through the game and the size of the database. And whats worse, to a chess player, like yourself, there is just no "end game". Thats the point. The game just keeps going, mutating and forever growing.

How can you say one is better than the other? They are just different.

----------------------------------------
    My dog barks some. Mentally you picture my dog, but I have not told you the type of dog which I have. Perhaps you even picture Toto, from "The Wizard of Oz." But I warn you, my dog is always with me.

Holy fuck, thats alotta negativity. ::::15:: I wouldnt expect less from Wow players. ::::01:: You guys live this shit, not me! haha

Originally posted by Rudnoc

Not trying to seem rude at all, but what is your point in this then?
    For someone that is 24 yrs old you are starting to show us you are just here like a 12 yr old to do a "HAHAHA RTS rules and RPG are for nerds".
    Your information of RPG's are very shallow and your recent posts only show that you still don't listen to the fact that RPG's aren't based on what you think and still your focus is still on simple concepts of RTS and FPS. Even your own posts show that when you use UT as an example.

Its not Unreal Tournament buddy, its was Unreal 2 :XMP which sadly does not exist anymore.::::16::

Blizzard did not break the MMORPG mold, they went with the same OLD shit MMO mold when they designed World of Warcraft. Choosing to play it safe, guaranteeing success, rather than doing something completely new and different and possibly failing. This is why World of Warcraft sucks.::::19::

• JohnarkJohnark Member Posts: 901

I actually thought Warcraft 3 sucked. I bought WoW cause it's a MMORPG, not cause it's based on a trilogy of RTS games that I never really enjoyed... except Warcraft 2... probably the only Warcraft that I played until the end.

___________ ___ __ _ _ _
    Stealth - Ambush - Hemorrhage - Sinister Strike x2 - Cold Blood - Eviscerate - Vanish - Preparation - Cold Blood - Ambush - ... you're dead! :P

• CrazyMonkCrazyMonk Member Posts: 143

Ok,Lisetn up Wc3 is a rts(real time startegy game) WoW is a MMORPG(if u dont kno wwhat that means ur an idiot.) Well,WoW makes you play hard to get your stuff dude.Well,this is to stupid I'am not even going to say anything else.

• Dru998Dru998 Member CommonPosts: 85

World of Warcraft is based on the Warcraft series.  The possiblities that could have made Wow a great game are endless.  Just from using the Warcraft ideas.  Where Wow failed was at their endgame.  When you hit lvl 60.  That is when the game goes from fun and enjoyable to monotone pointless grinding and that is where I could see this game as 'work'.  There are no more quest’s, there is no more character development, no more playing just for 1 hour at a time.  The game becomes something totally different.  It becomes a "job".  An example is grinding instances that are 5+hours (some are 12+ from what I have heard) each endlessly just to "see" if your classes loot drops.  That’s not considering there are other people there to compete with for loot.  So let’s look at what that consists of.  So you spend 5+ hours at one time only to have a small chance at a reward?  That’s not fun.  What about an actual reward for spending that time in that instance. What about an actual progression. Sometimes all you get is a hefty repair bill at the end.  What is the point to that?

WoW had a choice, to stick with the already tried and true formula (You can hardly call it that) or transcend the genre.  We all know what they chose.  I think it is time for a company to stop making games "just" to make money and make a game that people would actually enjoy playing. I know alot of you like the way it is, but I also think there is alot of people who do not.  An example is time-sinks in MMORPG's.  Why are they there?  If I play the game 1 hour a month and still pay the monthly fee, are they not making the same amount of money as if someone plays 15+ hours a day?  Time-sinks only frustrate players and cause them to say "aaahh F*&* this S*&*".   To me the MMORPG genre has gone stale.  There is GREAT potential to the genre and yet we do not see anything new and original ( btw I’m not up to date on the new MMO's coming out).  AO was great until they brought out shadowlands, which came with lots of time-sinks, slow travel and camping (all EQ ideas from what I have read).   I do realize that alot of people do not like change in games, but I think it is due for MMO's.  They really suck in their current state.  IMO!!

Warcraft 3, well you can't really say its better since it’s not the same genre but you can say that its a game that was well thought out.  That is still fun to this day to fans of RTS.

To who ever said that WoW takes more intelligence than War3.....um WoW takes barely any intelligence to play compared with other more complicated MMO's like AO for example.  WoW does not have much depth at all, its all simplified.  WoW = Intelligence? Wow there must be alot of undiscovered geniuses out there then.  War3 takes on demand intelligence aka multitasking to play, not sit and ponder intelligence aka problemsolving.  Two very different processes that cannot really even be compared.

Anywho, WoW was good for a quick I’m bored with my life fix for a few months but quickly turned sour.  Just as most "things" do ;).

p.s. all of this is not fact it is my humble opinion . image............and I smell something burning.....hehe

_____________________________________________________________________________________
    Science has never proven that what we see in front of us is in fact real.

• Exnor009Exnor009 Member Posts: 154
    seriuosly...I like Warcraft 3 and the multiplayer but i see most little f*cking rich bratty spoiled immature nerdy kids who will never get a life in Warcraft 3 then WoW...i HATE those type of kids they say their 8 years old and this game is rated teen and their in their runing everything saying their like 16 or 22 years old and they have a girl...no no no those are just little kids who act like some fucking prick all day long and keep getting on your nerves...anyway if you LITTLE fuckers are hearing this then you guys better go out and do sports more or somthing then inside your home then go on the comp and bother people all day. That goes for some idiotioc nerd online also that are not little kids.
  • Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

If you want to see an mmorpg thats a job, check out lineage 2. Anyway...if you think WOW is a job....mmorpg's probably arent for you. Although I would find that strange since your at an mmorpg site.

• paravionparavion Member Posts: 422

Originally posted by Dru998

World of Warcraft is based on the Warcraft series.  The possiblities that could have made Wow a great game are endless.  Just from using the Warcraft ideas.  Where Wow failed was at their endgame.  When you hit lvl 60.  That is when the game goes from fun and enjoyable to monotone pointless grinding and that is where I could see this game as 'work'.  There are no more quest’s, there is no more character development, no more playing just for 1 hour at a time.  The game becomes something totally different.  It becomes a "job".  An example is grinding instances that are 5+hours (some are 12+ from what I have heard) each endlessly just to "see" if your classes loot drops.  That’s not considering there are other people there to compete with for loot.  So let’s look at what that consists of.  So you spend 5+ hours at one time only to have a small chance at a reward?  That’s not fun.  What about an actual reward for spending that time in that instance. What about an actual progression. Sometimes all you get is a hefty repair bill at the end.  What is the point to that?
    WoW had a choice, to stick with the already tried and true formula (You can hardly call it that) or transcend the genre.  We all know what they chose.  I think it is time for a company to stop making games "just" to make money and make a game that people would actually enjoy playing. I know alot of you like the way it is, but I also think there is alot of people who do not.  An example is time-sinks in MMORPG's.  Why are they there?  If I play the game 1 hour a month and still pay the monthly fee, are they not making the same amount of money as if someone plays 15+ hours a day?  Time-sinks only frustrate players and cause them to say "aaahh F*&* this S*&*".   To me the MMORPG genre has gone stale.  There is GREAT potential to the genre and yet we do not see anything new and original ( btw I’m not up to date on the new MMO's coming out).  AO was great until they brought out shadowlands, which came with lots of time-sinks, slow travel and camping (all EQ ideas from what I have read).   I do realize that alot of people do not like change in games, but I think it is due for MMO's.  They really suck in their current state.  IMO!!
    Warcraft 3, well you can't really say its better since it’s not the same genre but you can say that its a game that was well thought out.  That is still fun to this day to fans of RTS.
    To who ever said that WoW takes more intelligence than War3.....um WoW takes barely any intelligence to play compared with other more complicated MMO's like AO for example.  WoW does not have much depth at all, its all simplified.  WoW = Intelligence? Wow there must be alot of undiscovered geniuses out there then.  War3 takes on demand intelligence aka multitasking to play, not sit and ponder intelligence aka problemsolving.  Two very different processes that cannot really even be compared.
    Anywho, WoW was good for a quick I’m bored with my life fix for a few months but quickly turned sour.  Just as most "things" do ;).
    p.s. all of this is not fact it is my humble opinion . image............and I smell something burning.....hehe

I truly agree with everything you said here.  WOW really takes up a lot of your time.  Sometimes after an instance raid, you find yourself wasted 5 hours and not getting any items you want.  After level 60, it is "work" really.  You are working to get all your end-game gear or MC epic gear.  It is quite hideous and pathetic because people argue over an item and believe it or not those guys say they are not kids and are working full time.  People just become immature in MMORPG but this is another story.  You can think of work from questing at level 1 to level 60 if you do not enjoy questing.  I sometimes feel it it is work because I feel the need the catch up with others and compete with others.  MMORPG is a competitive game.  Ppl compete for end game gear.  It is true there is no freedom in WOW because this MMORPG is quest-based and the quests guide and direct you to level 60.  It is impossible to be successful if you ignore all quests and gain the level yourselves.  Again, there is no freedom in WOW unless you finish all the quests till level 60.  Anyways, if you want a game where you don't find there is "work" to do you need to find something else.  Unless, there are new MMORPG where there is no need to gain levels by questing but gain levels by grinding at your own discretion and getting the best gear by soloing yourself.  This for sure will save a lot of your time and will actually allow you to play MMORPG casually.