Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anarchy Online: Monthly Update Letter Debuts

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first in a series of monthly update letters has appeared on the Anarchy Online site. Fia "Lindelu" Tjernberg announces in her post that the graphics team will shortly be producing and publishing a new video to show off the new graphics engine and that new bug reporting forums have been created.

In addition to the above, Tjernberg details new Solitus heads are in the works and that the team is hard at work compiling data for forthcoming changes to professions. Lastly, the team is examining the possibility of merging servers.

Read the full post on the Anarchy Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Finally!!!!!
  • BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247

I'll believe it when it happens.

• kishekishe Member UncommonPosts: 2,012

New Graphic engine for AO has become the new "Duke nukem forever"

• AlienShoresAlienShores Member UncommonPosts: 79

Originally posted by kishe

New Graphic engine for AO has become the new "Duke nukem forever"

God this is so true.  I've been waiting for the graphics overhaul for what feels like a really long time.  I'll absolutely go back for a while if they ever manage to make this (the graphics update) happen.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I... Don't remember anything about this game.  I seem to recall not enjoying the idea that you can twink the living hell out of alts?  Or something like that?  Never fun to try and play the game when majority of other ppl your level range are 2x as powerful

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350

stop beating this dead horse.  even with a new engine  like cryengine.  the game will still have dated gameplay.   

It..Burns..

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

Whoa, Anarchy Online news.  A rare one.  Already said, and said well...I will believe it when I see it.  How long have they been talking about this?  I will play this again if graphics were updated.  I am really not one for graphics, really I'm not, but the last time (about a year ago) I played on a froob account, I could only stomach the graphics and animations for so long.  The game was built to have decent  graphics, which it did all those years ago.  Looking forward to more news!

• leojreimrocleojreimroc Member UncommonPosts: 371

I really miss this game....nice to see it still going.  I'm skeptical about them releasing the new engine though.  We'll see what happens.

• TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

Hmm, from what I've seen it wasnt much of an engine as some higher poly models with some better textures. It'll still look 3 or 4 years old with the "new" graphics.

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    My guess is if they release the new graphics engine into the game it's to test out how well the engine performs , it's the same engine that's going to be in the secret world. So for one I am curious!
  • TerronteTerronte Member Posts: 321

Originally posted by Aeolron

My guess is if they release the new graphics engine into the game it's to test out how well the engine performs , it's the same engine that's going to be in the secret world. So for one I am curious!

They are reusing the engine from AoC for Secret World. As far as I know this graphics update has nothing to do with either game.

• bubu_3kbubu_3k Member UncommonPosts: 108

Originally posted by Terronte

Originally posted by Aeolron

They are reusing the engine from AoC for Secret World. As far as I know this graphics update has nothing to do with either game.

They scraped the idea of using a different engine for AO long time ago. Instead they went for using same DreamWorld Engine as AoC and TSW

“Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.” A. Einstein

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

It needs more than just a graphics ovehaul to be competative, it needs a skill revamp, tradeskill overhaul, a better mount system and a city vs city warfare system.

• SetsunSetsun Member UncommonPosts: 286

Ha ha ha. They been promissing a new engine for what now? 3/4 years?

I played that game for 5 years belive me i have reasons to rage. Funcom, or that so called AO team, need years to fix minor bugs. It's ridiculous, they still have most of the bugs they had on 2004. 

When they promise something, here is a free advice, do not expect anything.

I know this sounds a pure hatred post but i do love the game that is why im so sad Funcom is behind it.

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461

Give it about 2 more years.. We are going to be begging for this classic gameplay, after we are force fed a number of "newer" vindictus / dragon nestu clones with awesome graphics and like 3 gender locked characters/classes, 2 hairstyles, a few armors and a class locked weapon or two..

I think they should keep updating the graphics of the game, but they have to be serious about it and get it done.. I am positive if they can pull it off that it will throw the game back into the faces of people burned out on the single player action game mmo's..

• AdiJagerAdiJager Member Posts: 16

One of the things that we really want to focus on right now, is showing you the progress of our new graphics engine! We feel like it's about damn time, and thanks to Parsed and also Cube we're finally ready to produce our very first video!

very first video after uhm 4yrs? its a joke right?

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

Originally posted by Vyeth

Give it about 2 more years.. We are going to be begging for this classic gameplay, after we are force fed a number of "newer" vindictus / dragon nestu clones with awesome graphics and like 3 gender locked characters/classes, 2 hairstyles, a few armors and a class locked weapon or two..

THIS, with the difference that i believe it's already happening. The most recent major MMO launch (which it's said it was an investment of hundreds of millions) came with what, 4 races (only aestetic differences) and 4 classes mirrored over 2 factions, on rails gameplay, character creation close to zero and graphics on par with Anarchy Online.... I want my old games back, unfortunately they're kinda empty nowadays...