Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SWTOR Re-review MMORPG.com?

jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

I'd like to ask MMORPG.com and other sites to do a second review, or at least justify the scores that they have given this game.

In particular I'd like to see where all the references to 'Polish' came from, considering that in my opinion (and many, many others), SWTOR is one of the least polished AAA  titles to be released since before Warhammer Online.

It seems like all objectivity and honesty went out of the window on this one guys.

Comments

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

Not sure where you are comming from when you say that SWTOR has no polish. I have no problems playing the game with no lag any where in the game. I feal that the classes are very balanced. When I see most people complain about a class is bacouse they dont know how to use there class.

The only complaint I could see anybody have is the light flashing bug in the game. That is from there being holes in the objects that the modlers never closed off. SWTOR says they are aware of that and they said that they are working on them and fixing them. some of the planets that have this problem have gotten better.

If you are talking about Illium Bioware has already fixed some of the PvP problems. They and are working on the rest of the problems. If you are complaying about Illium then you have been playing for to long anyways becouse Illium is a LVL 50 planet. meaning you played the game till lvl cap. If you made it to lvl cap then there was somthing that you liked to make you play that long.

Over all for me it was one of the best mmo launches I have been in, in a long time.

For me if I have a complaint it is that im am an altaholic. So I have way to many toons on mutiple servers.

If you say SWTOR has NO POLISH can you be a little more spacific??? That is a very broad statment.

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Originally posted by bbethel

Not sure where you are comming from when you say that SWTOR has no polish. I have no problems playing the game with no lag any where in the game. I feal that the classes are very balanced. When I see most people complain about a class is bacouse they dont know how to use there class.

The only complaint I could see anybody have is the light flashing bug in the game. That is from there being holes in the objects that the modlers never closed off. SWTOR says they are aware of that and they said that they are working on them and fixing them. some of the planets that have this problem have gotten better.

If you are talking about Illium Bioware has already fixed some of the PvP problems. They and are working on the rest of the problems. If you are complaying about Illium then you have been playing for to long anyways becouse Illium is a LVL 50 planet. meaning you played the game till lvl cap. If you made it to lvl cap then there was somthing that you liked to make you play that long.

Over all for me it was one of the best mmo launches I have been in, in a long time.

For me if I have a complaint it is that im am an altaholic. So I have way to many toons on mutiple servers.

If you say SWTOR has NO POLISH can you be a little more spacific??? That is a very broad statment.

I'm always surprised to see comments like this. I can't believe the multitude of bugs and game breaking issues are not experienced by everyone - when in a guild of over 100 players, almost everyone has problems and the whining on Teamspeak is endless.

It may be that you are on a low/medium population server and some issues are worse on a higher pop server, I dunno.

Anyway, the issues are not only too numerous to mention, but they have been posted hundreds of times already. I suggest you dig around the forum a bit for enlightenment.

EDIT: Here's a start:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/339644/page/1

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

A re-review would probably result in the same ridiculous high-score (you know why) and another community uproar following about it.

I'd rather not see another hype-piece about it on the mainpage. They are already pushing against the growing negative opinions among players, although not as hard as they did with Rift.

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    The game is polished. I have yet to run into any of these issues.

• Valgar1Valgar1 Member UncommonPosts: 324

They usually won't do a re review for about a year. Or in he case of say AoC they waited almost 2 years.

• Dwarfman420Dwarfman420 Member Posts: 207

Re-review in a year sounds right but they wont right now.

My experience:

I've been playing since Jan 8th, level 40 now, I've only encountered 2 bugs the whole way and one has been fixed (Green lines across Tattoine).

Not saying there are not bugs to be fixed, just giving my experience so far

• ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914

All of these media sites cant possibly do re-reviews...........they have already cashed EA's check.

Originally posted by Brodter

The game is polished. I have yet to run into any of these issues.

Considering I purposely haven't discussed any particular issues, that's fine :)

But glad to see you're one of the few who haven't.

"these are not the issues you're looking for" :P

• sanosukexsanosukex Member Posts: 1,836

I haven't actually experienced any game breaking bugs or anything since launch but that doesn't change the fact its still one of the most uninspired and boring games I have played in years and that's coming from a star wars fanboy... hell I even enjoyed Episode I..

• Draxdk0Draxdk0 Member Posts: 29

I thought their review was pretty spot on, a little low if anything.  It's a great game, sorry you don't enjoy it.

• orgashorgash Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Scorchien

All of these media sites cant possibly do re-reviews...........they have already cashed EA's check.

but a "honest" lol re-review would result in a few more box sales via affiliate links

Originally posted by Draxdk0

I thought their review was pretty spot on, a little low if anything.  It's a great game, sorry you don't enjoy it.

Like I'm the odd one out lol.

80% of the guild are not re-subbing or have already left.

Make light of it as you will. The damage is already done and BW need a miracle to pull this one back.

Originally posted by jacklo

Make light of it as you will. The damage is already done and BW need a miracle to pull this one back.

same all my friends left but one.. and the one cancelled there sub this month.. I just cancelled my sub so at the end of this month im done as well..

• slickbizzleslickbizzle Member Posts: 464

I'd like to ask MMORPG.com and other sites to do a second review, or at least justify the scores that they have given this game.

In particular I'd like to see where all the references to 'Polish' came from, considering that in my opinion (and many, many others), SWTOR is one of the least polished AAA  titles to be released since before Warhammer Online.

It seems like all objectivity and honesty went out of the window on this one guys.

Do you need the game rating to drop to validate your decision of not playing it?   

• travamarstravamars Member CommonPosts: 417

If they have an ad banner here then its a polished and great game. Deal with it. Check youtube for game reviews.

• mgilbrtsnmgilbrtsn Member EpicPosts: 3,430

I don't know how/when they decide to do reviews and re-reviews, but isn't it a bit early to re-review this.

I self identify as a monkey.

Originally posted by slickbizzle

Do you need the game rating to drop to validate your decision of not playing it?   

I'd like the rating to be realistic and I'd like people reading the review not to be suckered into making a bad purchase decision.

Tell me, although you seem to having a great experience with no problems, do you seriously believe that the rest of us are making it up?

• KinchyleKinchyle Member Posts: 309

I'd like to ask 99% of you people to STOP MAKING POSTS ABOUT SWTOR!!!

Friggen eh...what makes you think anything new is being posted here?

• warmaster670warmaster670 Member Posts: 1,384

Originally posted by Scorchien

clearly anyone who likes a game you dont was paid off.

Reality check, not every review you dont like is paid for, grip on reality, get one.

Apparently stating the truth in my sig is "trolling"
    Sig typo fixed thanks to an observant stragen001.

• iceman00iceman00 Member Posts: 1,363

Originally posted by sanosukex

same all my friends left but one.. and the one cancelled there sub this month.. I just cancelled my sub so at the end of this month im done as well..

I'm probably in the same boat.  Having fun talking with old friends, but as I told them last night:  what is there to keep me around.

I play off shift, so they aren't around when I am for "end-game" raids.  And those that exist, the narrative for everyone seems to be "garden variety" at best.

PvP?  The PvP system is pretty widely panned.  Oh I could go play Huttball!  There's really nothing out there on how they plan to fix Illum, which is pretty unplayable atm.  Either get zerged playing Republic, or zerg playing Empire.  And dogpiling every single encounter gets old fast.

Level an alt?  That's the sign of laziness right there, that the devs haven't really given content to "end game."

I want to stay, and I'm looking for reasons to stay.  But i'm not finding any.

And oh yeah, after getting my first taste of space last night, it would have been better had they simply left space out....

• VotanVotan Member UncommonPosts: 291

What was done here and on many sites was a preview, first impression however they did not label it as such.  In order to actually do a real review you would have needed to play through the entire game. 

Reviews by most of these sites are sort of like a movie review based on the teaser trailers.  Every movie ever made looks great if you soley base it on the teasers :)  That is why you get ratings from 8 to 9.6 on games and rarely ever see anything 7 or below. 

Originally posted by Votan

What was done here and on many sites was a preview, first impression however they did not label it as such.  In order to actually do a real review you would have needed to play through the entire game. 

Reviews by most of these sites are sort of like a movie review based on the teaser trailers.  Every movie ever made looks great if you soley base it on the teasers :)  That is why you get ratings from 8 to 9.6 on games and rarely ever see anything 7 or below. 

Not really, when they do a movie review, they generally watch the whole movie.

When it becomes apparent that the orignal 'preview' of a game may have been somewhat optimistic, don't you think the readers of a supposedly 'informed' reviewer such as a dedicated MMO gaming site, deserve the whole story?

I do agree with you in essence though. I just feel the reviews need updating to reflect the current state of play.

Originally posted by Votan

very true also my first impression was about a 7 but now it's maybe a 5

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676

I will agree with this.Aion and rift were extremely more polished than swtor.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi guys,

The site suggestions forum is meant for, well, suggestions for us to improve the site! We do have a policy of re-reviewing games after a certain time has passed and I'm sure SW:TOR will be no different in this regard. With that said, we've heard your feedback here, so we're going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.