Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Drakensang Online: Publisher Bigpoint Scores 250M Registered Users

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bigpoint has surpassed a huge milestone with the 250,000,000th registered user for its stable of games. The press release further states that over 250,000 new players register each and every day. Signature titles at Bigpoint include Battlestar Galactica Online, Drakensang Online, Dark Orbit, and Farmerama.

Over the past decade Bigpoint has radically improved the quality of the online games. Beginning with relatively simple Flash-based titles, Bigpoint has released a number of high-quality games built atop the Unity development platform in the past year. The company is planning a series of new launches in 2012, including new titles that leverage world-class Hollywood intellectual property.

Check out the Bigpoint site for more information.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• RedKatanaRedKatana Member Posts: 211
    250M really?
  • PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Once those bot armies rebel against human players...

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

250 million users?  What is the average /played on these accounts.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

Yeah, but I'm one of those registered users, tried it, didn't like it so it's really 249,999,999 image

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Multiple accounts will magnify numbers so 250/4 = 75/75 = 1 million unique users , 4 games, and 75 multiple characters over the 4 games, still an awesome achievments though, keep up the good work
  • fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Originally posted by Sovrath

Yeah, but I'm one of those registered users, tried it, didn't like it so it's really 249,999,999 image

Yea , boosting about registered users is pointless.

I am registered user on like 15 mmo f2p games and I do NOT play any of it anymore. I also never intend to go back. (got tired of freemium and f2p model).

Most people I know go rush any f2p that come out and then 99% of them quit it after few hours / few days max.

Peak concurrent Users  / average monthly   - this is interesting.

Then Peak Paying concurret users / average monthly - this as well

Registered users is not.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

I dont know what to tell you guys, but the game is actually quite excellent

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    ^^ there are games
  • Gabby-airGabby-air Member UncommonPosts: 3,440

Guys keep in mind it's for their entire portal, not just one game. 

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

registered life time (meaning since this company opened,also it isnt just for this game it is for all the title they everrealeased etc!i wonder how many registered blizzard has lol

• senseo65senseo65 Member Posts: 9

250 for all big point games

• ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96

Tried Drakensang the other day, and it is actually a pretty good hack and slash to spend some time in... Only problem is that you can not do anything without spending money in the cash store... Way too obvious for me, there is an in-game currency but it is almost useless. 90% of all NPC store items are bought with real life cash.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    O_O 250 million? What the fuck?!

Damn...
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

This post is misleading. especially if you only read the title. This is NOT 250m users for Drakensang Online. This is 250m user overall across all their games. And the have 46 of them, including battlefield heroes (which is probably the most popular).

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    In these cases I always say show me the money, and Bigpoint execs can probably bathe in gold coins with the revenue they bring in.