Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: The Beta Wait is Almost Over

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Last week, Arena.Net announced that the beta for Guild Wars 2 would be coming in the near future. That's got us excited and we've got lots to say about it...if we can calm down long enough to write! Read on and then tell us why you're anticipating the GW2 beta in the comments.

Remember a few years ago when ArenaNet announced that they were working on Guild Wars 2? I sure do. I jumped around with excitement, told everyone I knew, and fantasized about how the game would turn out. Over the past couple years, bits and pieces of information were let out. Sometimes it was some info about the game’s features, or ideas that ArenaNet planned to implement to change the way MMOs are played. All the information has been building up, and it’s made us want to play even more. Well, from the information we received last week, our chance to finally get into the new Tyria is right around the corner. That’s right folks, last week it was announced that a series of beta events would take place starting next month.

Read more of David North's Guild Wars 2: The Beta Wait is Almost Over.

I was super happy to hear that the beta is just around the corner!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ZyllosZyllos Member UncommonPosts: 537

Hell yes I am!

Edit: But, I think the beta here is not a "real" beta but a promotional to advertise the game. I still have no issue with it.

MMOs Played: I can no longer list them all in the 500 character limit.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

I was fortunate enough to be in GW1's beta.  I hope that I can get in GW2's beta too, because ArenaNet actually does 'End of Beta Events' which were pretty fun in GW1... unlike the ... no event BioWare had for TOR... just sayin...:p GW2's event could be awesome.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Not now ArenaNet, not when i just got into TSW!!

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

So tempting...

But I'm not sure if I really want to do this since I will play the game anyway and getting wiped just to start over again gets kinda dull.

Harbinger of Fools
  • oubersoubers Member UncommonPosts: 855

Originally posted by AdamTM

TSW is in beta already?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • fonyfony Member Posts: 755

Originally posted by oubers

TSW is in beta already?

yea, it started just before GW2.

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

You... lucky... bastard... PM ME DETAILS! jk lol :D Have fun man I hope it's as awesome as it seems.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• MavacarMavacar Member Posts: 328
    They already said they saw open beta as a promotion perio and that the game would be ready by then :)
  • revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464

Originally posted by Mavacar

They already said they saw open beta as a promotion perio and that the game would be ready by then :)

Contrary to popular belief, they never said "open beta" per se, but (not to my surprise) most gaming websites interpreted it as that.

• amitava82amitava82 Member Posts: 17

As much as I'm dying to play GW2, even if I had the invite, I won't play Beta. I just don't want to ruin the moment.. the first time experience.

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    If you thought the Swtor troll / fanboy arguments were bad I can only imagine how GW2 arguments will pan out.

Were looking at trolling the likes of which we have never seen
  • shockmeshockme Member CommonPosts: 6

Everything release latly has been shitty and over in a month.  I really would love to try guildwars 2 and hope there is more than a month of game play there.

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

I won't be playing the Guild Wars 2 beta, if I get in.

I ruin way too many games with betas.

• BunksBunks Member Posts: 960

Originally posted by anthonyman6

I won't be playing the Guild Wars 2 beta, if I get in.

I ruin way too many games with betas.

I'm with you. Just hope people who do actually "test" the heck out of it. After the last debacle of a game, I will keeep my hopes down for now.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

They didnt even give us a way to register for beta.

So how do one actually gets to be in beta than ?

• Zeus.CMZeus.CM Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,788

Originally posted by Lobotomist

They didnt even give us a way to register for beta.

So how do one actually gets to be in beta than ?

In february only selected press will participate. We will be able to apply most likey after that press beta, end of february or early march.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

TSW is in beta already?

Closed beta is running for a year now i think, its just i finally got access.

• dinamsdinams Member Posts: 1,362

TSW is in beta already?

Closed beta is running for a year now i think, its just i finally got access.

Unless you are press, you pretty much still have a month and half-ish to enjoy TSW

"It has potential"
    -Second most used phrase on existence
    "It sucks"
    -Most used phrase on existence

• VultureSkullVultureSkull Member UncommonPosts: 1,774

Originally posted by shockme

Everything release latly has been shitty and over in a month.  I really would love to try guildwars 2 and hope there is more than a month of game play there.

I doubt it, it will be more of the same, and no radical changes in game play. People will get carried up in the hype and ultimately be disappointed. It is funny to watch tbh.

If you are not happy with what games have on offer at the moment then GW2 will not really help you.

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292

OMG I want in!!!!! image

• marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912

Beta can't come soon enough. Open Beta will not ruin the experience, that's what closed Beta is for.

• AntariousAntarious Member UncommonPosts: 2,834

To be honest as far as beta testing and GW2 goes... I really just want to see their implementation of the Engineer.

The last two games that I spent a lot of time testing I was burnt out on by the time they even released.   That didn't used to be a problem but I have beta tested a lot of products.

So IF I got into the GW2 beta besides looking at the Engineer... I'm not even sure I'd devote that much time to it.   So reality is.. probably best I don't get into it or even sign up.    Then again ... that seems to be the norm for testers these days anyway.