Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I wait for the next WoW...

2»

Comments

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194

Originally posted by Shab_Nigurat

Oh please don't get me started on GW........
    I am not a fan of WoW but at least I played it for few months, and I enjoyed it throughoutly until it lasted.
    GW, on the other hand, I forced myself and played it for one week just to make sure that I wasn't wrong.
    And I wasn't.
    Most boring game I hever played, I would be surprised there is still people playing it at all.

Because u cant play serious games like GW. WoW is easy and kiddish thats why u play it. GW is too difficult for u

Are you serious?
    I believe even the most loyal GW fanboys will tell you that GW is a very simple game.
    Yes, more easy than WOW. image
    At least in WoW you are forced to group after you reach lvl 40, and you need to have a good ownership of your character if you want to achieve something.
    In GW, however, you can solo as long as you like and complete all the quests fairly easy with the help of the henchemen.

Again I am not a WOW fan, but I believe that is a very well done game, if it was harder to level from the beginning, it would be my top game, but as it is, I am not interested.
    GW is also an awesome game, but in my view far less entertaining than WOW, and definetly for the ultra casual gamer.

PS: For your information I usually play games like EQ, AC, EVE, UO which are not known to be nooby games, so I would know which one is more difficult between WOW and GW.

• anarchyartanarchyart Member Posts: 5,378
    This months PC gamer comes with a free 14 day trial of WoW. You will enjoy it, everyone does. It truly is a phenomenal game. I grew bored of it after about 6 months, but I must admit those were a really, really, really fun 6 months of a game.

• VolkmarVolkmar Member UncommonPosts: 2,501

I would warmly reccomend to try WoW.

It is possible you won't like it (as it is very possible you won't like any MMorpg) but many people like it, many more actually that don't like it.

WoW has lot of stuff to offer to everybody, beginners and veterans like me. Its classes are well made and with loads and loads of specials, skills, spells and what not that gives you varieties by giving you bonuses trough the talents instead of limiting you.

For example, you mantain all your class abilities, the talents ADDS to that. So a Defensive warrior can still go Berserker stance and deal a great deal of damage, only not as much as a warrior with most talents there.

In addition, each Class is drastically different from the others, giving you a unique playing experience. Adds to it a colorful and big world with lots of places to discover and a interface that is really easy to understand and intuitive. Loading times that will make you think of GW and why the heck not all of them are like this and in overall a game that is dedicated to giving you fun. From level 1.

In the end, i think any MMorpg player should give it a try.

"If you give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, if you teach him how to fish, you feed him for a lifetime"

• MunkiMunki Member CommonPosts: 2,128

The whole "wow is for newbs" thing is such bull lol.
    People flock from all games.. we have lotsa people from EQ.. and a large number from games like shadowbane and DaoC.

Its not a newb game.. its a good game if its your first becuase they do a very good job of slowly weening you into the game and not overwhelming you...
    just becuase a game has a slow start to help new people get into it, doesnt meen is a newb game that vetrans wouldnt like. I for one have been playing MMORPGS since the early UO, and quite frankly, I love WoW, and have been for the last 7 months. Its a fun game, and the 60ish people in my guild, allmost all who have come from other MMORPGS agree.

Its by no meens only good if you are new the genre, and it does not lack depth.. You want stories? WoW has VERY VERY deep lore and great storyline if you bother to read the quests and read what your doing, especially at the higher levels.

Post 60 is fun, the raids are much more interesting than any other game Ive played. The strats arent just timing everything perfectly.. its much more engaging than say EQ raids where the healers just stood there full healing the tank becuase this boss can 2 hit you instead of the last one which could 3 hit your tank.

after 6 or so years, I had to change it a little...