Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brainless FPS fun? NOT MW3 or BF3.

xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

The short of it is I am looking for a fun FPS for mindless killing. Not MW3 (I have my reasons for not wanting to support this game) and not BF3 unless they have fixed the complete BS way of logging in/playing multiplayer.

I'm playing Tribes: Ascend and while its fun its not exactly mindless killing either. Well, not if you want to actually kill anyone. I am looking for multiplayer which leaves out rage (sorry no deathmatch, team deathmatch, or something even resembling a multiplayer FPS is a failure which disapointed me from ID). Is there anything out there right now thats semi decent thats now MW3 or BF3? (uness BF3 has changed the damn login. I dont mind using origin if I have to but no website BS that takes forever to get working properly and still fails half the time).

Comments

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

Borderlands perhaps.

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

Originally posted by Flem

Borderlands perhaps.

Buy this game now. Get the GOTY edition that comes with the 4 DLCs. Bandits, dirt, blood, mercs, scags and guns, guns, guns.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

Hmmm I have that and I have not played it. One of thoes "buy it cause its on sale on steam" things. Thanks lol ill go install it now.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

No issues with BF3 being launched from the website it works really well. Sure its a bit annoying you have to be logged into origin then log into the BF3 site but its not the end of the world.

Other than that they have ironed out most of the bugs that the web launcher had, even the squad system works fine now... The squad problems are actually the only issues i ever had with the BF3 website.

Anyway as for other brainless fps games err cant think of anything worth trying really..

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

It opens origin then opens a web browser......I don't see much problem with it. My Origin just logs on by itself.

One thing I don't like is the web browser can take up a bit of ram, since if you have plugins and all that installed. Hopefully they can close the browser when the game is running lol

As for game suggestions, have you tried Team Fortress 2? Its quite brainless lol just logon and blast your way through enemies.

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

Originally posted by xKingdomx

One thing I don't like is the web browser can take up a bit of ram, since if you have plugins and all that installed. Hopefully they can close the browser when the game is running lol

Ah not much really, plus most people have 4gb+ of ram these days LOL, BF3 is only a 32bit app as well so that leaves tons of spare ram for your browser :)

but yeah i think its fine and worked a shit load better than BF:BC2s in game server browser did that was no bad at launch..

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Team Fortress 2

Like the other fellow suggested.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Serious Sam 3

It's nuts, especially with 16 player coop mode

Best shooter since warhead imo, way more fun than rage or cod
  • KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Borderlands or Battlefield Heroes.

• xKingdomxxKingdomx Member UncommonPosts: 1,541

Originally posted by Caldrin

Originally posted by xKingdomx

Ah not much really, plus most people have 4gb+ of ram these days LOL, BF3 is only a 32bit app as well so that leaves tons of spare ram for your browser :)

but yeah i think its fine and worked a shit load better than BF:BC2s in game server browser did that was no bad at launch..

Except I was a complete noob and listened to my friend so call 'pro' advice and got a 32 bit OS with 3gb ram, he said you will never need that much and not many programs uses the 64 bit platform or whatever. Now I regreted it ):

Like my comp runs BF3 perfectly fine, just that it pushes the ram usage to 90% which I'm not too secure with that, and might cause crashes.

But honestly, the brainless award have to go to TF2, you just keep shooting and shooting lol

How much WoW could a WoWhater hate, if a WoWhater could hate WoW?
    As much WoW as a WoWhater would, if a WoWhater could hate WoW.

ah oops LOL..

Next time you upgrade dont take your mates advice :)

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

Team Fortress 2 for sure.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

My vote goes for Unreal Tournament 3. By far my favorite game to play when I just want to kill lots of stuff dead. Team deathmatch with 16 bots on either side on a rocket launcher-only map, woohoo!

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Leethe

Borderlands perhaps.

Buy this game now. Get the GOTY edition that comes with the 4 DLCs. Bandits, dirt, blood, mercs, scags and guns, guns, guns.

Seriously. Borderlands and a couple of friends = 100+ hours into the ether.

• RighteousRighteous Member UncommonPosts: 99

Try either BattlefiledPlay4Free,  Uber Strike, Hedone or Army Rage yet?

Although I would have to agree that Team Fortress 2 (Free on Steam) is the hands down winner for mind-numbing frag-frest-festiva.

• StormwindXStormwindX Member Posts: 168

Originally posted by MikeB

Originally posted by Leethe

Borderlands perhaps.

Seriously. Borderlands and a couple of friends = 100+ hours into the ether.

I love Borderlands. I really do. Hell, I was addicted to it for a looooong time... and I'm anticipating Borderlands 2. I just can't call it a brainless shooter without thinking that I'm lying to myself.