Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Your TOP Favorite Android/iPhone apps!

To those who use iPhone - what are your favorite apps?

Here is my top 3:

1. Cut the Rope.

2. Masters of backgammon - always been a fan of backgammon and this is the best at appstore.

3. Angry birds - needs no explanation lol!

Share yours :)

Keep on rockin'!image

Comments

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I really like TweetCaster. I don't "tweet" myself, but there is something kind of amazing about being connected to everyone from actors and comedians to world leaders. Also, nothing better than following twitter while watching a Football game or breaking news(like the death of Osama).

I guess I'd go with Netflix as #2 though honestly I only use my kindle fire or android phone for sitcoms or cartoons I've already seen. I hate watching anything new on such a small screen.

Finally, though I don't use it too often, I'd have to same Pandora is pretty fantastic. I can also get Sirius on my Android devices, but sometimes you just want to here hot young British, Irish, or Scottish singers doing soft pop and nothing else.

None of these are really unique, and though I've experimented with a number of games and various other types of applications I don't feel inspired to suggest any of them.

• KomandorKomandor Member Posts: 272

Originally posted by Laserwolf

I really like TweetCaster. I don't "tweet" myself, but there is something kind of amazing about being connected to everyone from actors and comedians to world leaders. Also, nothing better than following twitter while watching a Football game or breaking news(like the death of Osama).

I guess I'd go with Netflix as #2 though honestly I only use my kindle fire or android phone for sitcoms or cartoons I've already seen. I hate watching anything new on such a small screen.

Finally, though I don't use it too often, I'd have to same Pandora is pretty fantastic. I can also get Sirius on my Android devices, but sometimes you just want to here hot young British, Irish, or Scottish singers doing soft pop and nothing else.

None of these are really unique, and though I've experimented with a number of games and various other types of applications I don't feel inspired to suggest any of them.

Thats a good one. Thanks for recommending!

Keep on rockin'!image

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

On my Windows Phone 7, I use these apps alot.

1. Mileage Log- It tracks my MPG usage.

2. Bridge Connector- Its a game where you make bridges that can hold a train.

3. Dragons Blade DX- It plays like classic RPGs on the SNES.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

this, Do-Don-Pachi, but the special Windows Phone edition that is coming out, no video out yet only screenies, so I'll link the iPhone edition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lm9cOiydk3w

• 77lolmac7777lolmac77 Member UncommonPosts: 492
    1- Angry Birds
    2- Sportacular
    3- Flashlight
    4- Dactyl
    5- Doodle Jump

yeah I only use my iphone for music, games, and as a phone.
  • MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

FML is by far my favorite app. It's just hilarious to read through when you're bored!

Originally posted by MikeB

FML is by far my favorite app. It's just hilarious to read through when you're bored!

Oh, yeah, much lulz were had with that one!!

undefined

Keep on rockin'!image

Anything else you can recommend guys?

Keep on rockin'!image

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

If you live in a major city i think Scoutmob would be good. Basically its like groupon but you don't have to purchase the deals in advance. The coupons are usually just for food. 

Shazam is good to, basically if you want to know what song you are listening to, just use Shazam and it will tell you in about 5-10 seconds. 

I also like tip calculator (yes I'm cheap). I like to give 15% exact since I'm new to the working world, I don't make much so that always helps me save even if its in the cents. Tells exaclty what you need to write down and you can also split the check between multiple people. 

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I've tried out a large amount of Apps on my Kindle Fire(Android) over the last week or so and found some pretty great ones that I feel I should add. I know two of the four are available for Apple products, but I'm not 100% on my first two(though I assume they are as well).

In the game category, I've really found a lot of appreciation for "Where's My Water". Looks a bit childish and simple which is why I resisted downloading it in the past, but the game is actually fairly deep with lots of strategic elements and many levels. You have to draw paths through the level to guide liquids to your target and divert other liquids away or through other puzzle pieces.

Also, I just came across a pretty cool political app today called "Show of Hands". It's free and allows you to vote on daily political polls. What's interesting about it, is that you can instantly see how others around the country voted by state, party, gender, and income. It also currently has a poll on the presidential race. Even if the types of people to download this and use it aren't representative of the majority of American Voters, the polling data for the political questions and morality questions is still pretty reliable since it breaks it down by the above mentioned filters. Best of all, it looks very professional which is rare for educational-type apps.

I'm not sure why I forgot to include the free "Gamefly" app last time, but it's one I use daily. I never thought it was worth downloading previously because I don't subscribe to Gamefly, but it's actually a great source for gaming news with half a dozen or more news stories added daily, and information on new releases and upcoming games. Just like my other favorites, it's very fast and simply designed but with a lot of content.

I'll also throw "Flixster" out there as well I suppose. It's another free app that's been around for a long time like the ones I mentioned in my first post, but I really like how fast and simple it is while still containing tons of movie information. I enjoy looking up review scores for movies I've just watched to see if I'm in the majority, and I've used it alot to help keep track of all the new DVD/rental releases I want to see. Also great info on upcoming theater releases.

Originally posted by 77lolmac77

1- Angry Birds

2- Sportacular

3- Flashlight

4- Dactyl

5- Doodle Jump

yeah I only use my iphone for music, games, and as a phone.

Doodle jump - great stuff!

Keep on rockin'!image

Anyone tried fruit ninja? Now that's some fun!

Keep on rockin'!image

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679
    ... Im kinda jealous you huys have fun with your phone. But for me I guess the youtube app and the abc app. Im addicted to once upon a time o.o i have a ton of games i never really enjoy i dont know why... I think the touch screen is putting me off

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

Anyone tried where is my water?

Also really cool app!

Keep on rockin'!image

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

Originally posted by Komandor

Anyone tried where is my water?

Also really cool app!

Yeah I have that game. I only downloaded it cause I interviewed at their studio and needed to get one of their games. I still play it from time to time. 

• FlipTheFrogFlipTheFrog Member Posts: 23

I know this might sound strange, but my favs are free meditation/guided meditation/fantasy journey apps - you know where they help you relax and program your mind to think positive etc.

I get days when I am so stressed I can hardly fall asleep and listening to those that feature readers with nice voices (shazzie for example) really helps me come down and feel better - I love my iphone for that since they are free.

Btw... if anyone knows some that are free, please link me to them.

I know lots but I'm always looking for more :)

Another cool app I found - fantasy defense.

Keep on rockin'!image