Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Possible DNS issue

KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I've noticed a pattern that when I first try to load www.MMORPG.com after not having been on the site for a while, I get an unable to connect to server error in Firefox.  Second try works reliably.

This sort of sounds like the primary DNS server for the MMORPG.com domain is out of sync or responding incorrectly.  Second try hits the alternate DNS?  Not sure.

This could easily be my ISP or the DNS cache in my router.  If others have this issue, it might be a misconfiguration at the source.

Thought you'd want to know.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.

Comments

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,551

Hi there,

Please contact support AT mmorpg DOT com with this issue. I'm sure we'd like to take a closer look at this. Thanks!

Michael "MikeB" Bitton
    Community Manager
    Twitter: @eMikeB

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Done.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.