Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free/Open Source Motherboard Sensor Monitor App?

TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

OK hardware wizards, I would like to get a monitoring application for my motherboard to check the temperature and fan speed sensors. It would be a bonus if I could check my video card fan speed and temp as well. I would (obviously) prefer Free or Open Source, but a feature limited version of a pay application could be good. It's not likely I'd want to actually buy anything, since my usage will likely be very temporary, but it's not impossible.

I'm running Windows XP, with an Intel e6750 dual core proc on a Gigabyte motherboard.

Any suggestions?

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

Comments

• BrodterBrodter Member Posts: 73
    Just Google hardware monitor. There are several free ones out there. You can always check these temperatures in your BIOS.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Brodter
    Just Google hardware monitor. There are several free ones out there. You can always check these temperatures in your BIOS.

Checking the temp in the Bios kind of defeats the purpose of seeing what kind of load your machine is under while playing games and such.

However, that's what I'm doing with Google. I have found that there's benefit in asking people who may know more than me about something. :-)

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

SpeedFan is my favorite.

HWMonitor is lightweight and I use it a good deal too.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Rainmeter is good for cpu core loads and ram usage.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Ridelynn
    SpeedFan is my favorite.HWMonitor is lightweight and I use it a good deal too.

SpeedFan seems pretty cool. The option to muck about with your fans makes me a little nervous though. :-)